Page 553 of 902 FirstFirst ... 53453503543549550551552553554555556557563603653 ... LastLast
Results 8,281 to 8,295 of 13529

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Just for clarification, my comment was regarding my accident and not Jay Briscoe's.

I don't think know what happened with Briscoe yet.
    Ah, I totally misread that. Was a bit surprised that the police had made that much progress that quickly.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So a conspiracy theory going on now has people wondering if CM Punk was backstage at the Forum show last week for Dynamite. In fact a video details the whole situation.

- Brody King made a post about how 15 years ago he was outside the Forum performing for a small crowd. That now he just performed in front of 11,000+ people that night.

- CM Punk applauded the post and pointed out how good it was for King.

- Then there was a pic of the 2 men with ice cream in a parking lot. People thought it was an old pic. But as a video breaks down the following things. Brody is wearing new sneakers that was released in November. The area behind them also has a landmark showing its newer. Punk is clean shaven in the image as he had a beard since coming in. Also he's wearing a Forum hoodie. (The theory is Khan had him there with Warner Bros. Discovery executives in town)

- Khan himself said this in an article....

https://411mania.com/wrestling/tony-...-stars-in-aew/

When asked about Punk’s future, Tony Khan stated (via WrestlingInc.com), “I haven’t been able to talk about CM Punk recently. I definitely think everything he has done in AEW has been great, and he’s been out injured. But he’s been one of the great stars in AEW.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I make and collect wrestling DVDs, and I've recently made my own personal fuller/better versions of 2 old matches (that are either clipped, or the only complete version is handheld and has no commentary):

1) Flair vs Windham Crockett Cup '87....I took the complete handheld footage without commentary to use for the first half of the match (this is the only footage available of the first half of the match), and combined it with the NWA official tape second half of the match with Schiavone commentary

2) Hulk Hogan vs Dr D David Schultz in Minnesota from WWF TNT 6/17/84....took 3 different videos to piece together the full uncut match, 2 similar videos in English, and 1 Japanese video. So the full match has English commentary for 90-95% of the match with like 1 minute or less of Japanese footage.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-19-2023 at 07:02 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Hey Super, you can count Jade Cargill has another wrestler who had positive experiences with Punk

https://wrestlingheadlines.com/jade-...t-she-admired/

BANNED

More good news for Vince, he's settled out of court with Rita Chatterton

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/1172441...ta-chatterton/

Interesting anecdotes on DDP being a Macho Man type worker (would write out his matches ahead of time) & how it may have hurt his career or at least his reputation at certain points:
    According to Disco, DDP got a bad rap when he attempted to hand The Undertaker, his first opponent in [WWE], a piece of paper with their match laid out on it. "Hunter told him 'do not show that to 'Taker,' he showed it to Taker anyway, and the famous story is that Taker saw it, crumbled it up, and threw it in the garbage," Disco explained, "These old-school guys didn't want their match written down top-to-bottom, and Page didn't get that."
    https://www.wrestlinginc.com/1160324...way-he-worked/
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-19-2023 at 12:36 PM.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Having read various Jay Briscoe articles about his death, and googling, it would seem the other driver Lillyanne Ternahan (an activist of various causes, perhaps primarily of weed legalization) is in this 2022 Delaware-related video here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwehxr428hc
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-19-2023 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Interesting anecdotes on DDP being a Macho Man type worker (would write out his matches ahead of time) & how it may have hurt his career or at least his reputation at certain points:

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/1160324...way-he-worked/
    At that point and we have to be honest here...Undertaker was thinking about just his spot. If we look at 2001-2002 or 2003...he wasn't going to let anyone from WCW or ECW look good. In fact the following guys were pretty much buried by him on TV.

DDP
    Rob Van Dam
    Tommy Dreamer
    Kronik (in that case Taker thought he could no sell their offense and at a PPV they comically no sold him and Kane back. Which ticked him off and front office punished them lol)

I like Undertaker but during this he really didn't help things.

Now Page would do this to everyone. A story goes that Chris Benoit was in a seat drinking coffee watching them put up the ring. At the time it was him vs Raven vs Page. Benoit and Raven could call the match in ring.

Page finds Benoit and hands him pages of a scripted match. Chris it's claimed tossed it and told DDP they'd call it in ring as they went.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Page finds Benoit and hands him pages of a scripted match. Chris it's claimed tossed it and told DDP they'd call it in ring as they went.
    Part of me wonders about that story considering their awesome SuperBrawl match seems kinda scripted to me (though in a mostly good way, like Steamboat/Macho).

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Part of me wonders about that story considering their awesome SuperBrawl match seems kinda scripted to me (though in a mostly good way, like Steamboat/Macho).
    Madden has backed up this story. That as veterans longer than Page in the business they called it.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Now Page would do this to everyone. A story goes that Chris Benoit was in a seat drinking coffee watching them put up the ring. At the time it was him vs Raven vs Page. Benoit and Raven could call the match in ring.
    That Raven/Page feud was fantastic, and the reason I got into WCW. I had only been watching wrestling for a few months at that point and never really heard of WCW. Then Raven showed up on TRL and DDT'd Page through a table next to the Foo Fighters. Blew my mind at the time, and I started watching WCW.

Good times.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Hey Super, you can count Jade Cargill has another wrestler who had positive experiences with Punk

https://wrestlingheadlines.com/jade-...t-she-admired/
    At this point Punk seemingly was helping Khan's future stars more than the guys on top were. MJF , FTR , Starks , Danhausen, Hobbs , part of the Acclaim, and now Jade.

Some news...

- Frankie Kazarian turned down an offer from.AEW it seems. Kazarian worked more indie dates and Impact last year while under AEW contract. He announced he signed at Hard to Kill with Impact.

- Bully Ray posted an image of himself and DVon with all the tag titles with a TICK TOCK tweet. DVon was released today from WWE.

No idea if this means DVon will attempt a coneback or not. But the Dudleyz winning the AEW tag team belts in the 2020s would be kinda cool to add onto legacy.

William Regal did an interview and detailed basically what made his decision to return to WWE easier.

https://www.cagesideseats.com/aew/20...lub-wwe-return

The role he was promised by Khan never happened. He didn't want to be onscreen and felt things were becoming too much about him.

It's not said in article but strongly hinted Regal was promised a talent relations role. Once Tony Khan basically never gave him that role he eventually wanted out.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Injury update on Jay's daughters

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/u...family-friends

I hope the both of them can make a full recovery. No kid should have to go through this