Page 554 of 902 FirstFirst ... 54454504544550551552553554555556557558564604654 ... LastLast
Results 8,296 to 8,310 of 13529

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    So a conspiracy theory going on now has people wondering if CM Punk was backstage at the Forum show last week for Dynamite. In fact a video details the whole situation.

- Brody King made a post about how 15 years ago he was outside the Forum performing for a small crowd. That now he just performed in front of 11,000+ people that night.

- CM Punk applauded the post and pointed out how good it was for King.

- Then there was a pic of the 2 men with ice cream in a parking lot. People thought it was an old pic. But as a video breaks down the following things. Brody is wearing new sneakers that was released in November. The area behind them also has a landmark showing its newer. Punk is clean shaven in the image as he had a beard since coming in. Also he's wearing a Forum hoodie. (The theory is Khan had him there with Warner Bros. Discovery executives in town)

- Khan himself said this in an article....

https://411mania.com/wrestling/tony-...-stars-in-aew/
    performing what??

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    performing what??
    Actually I had this one a bit wrong...he wasn't working a small show outside. He was actually employed by the parking lot working outside. He'd stare at forum every day.

https://twitter.com/Brodyxking/statu...7Ctwgr%5Etweet
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I do have to chuckle at how Tony Khan and William Regal each played each other in a way. How both men worked each other in a way but Regal came out ahead because...he's smarter and been around the business for years to know how to ...PLAY THE GAME as the saying goes.

- Regal was told he'd have a certain job if he signed with AEW by Tony Khan. It was a job that wasn't on TV and as link details one that likely was tied into developmental and talent relations in a sense. But Khan was "working" Regal who he convinced to go on TV...awhile. Regal likely believed he'd be written off at some point and go backstage as he thought he would.

But he never was and he had to just bear with it. Because he didn't have a WWE job and he wanted to stay in the business. Then this all changed in summer of 2022.

- HHH was contacting a lot of his former talent and people like Regal. For Regal he likely was told , your gonna have a great talent/development role again like you wanted and thought you were getting from Khan when he played you that spring. You just need to get out of your contract.

- So Regal that fall (and rumors started in October early Regal wanted out) basically had to play Tony the same way. Likely detailing how he wanted to be with his son in WWE and take a role backstage. Regal himself being a nice English gentleman never had Tony's alarms go off that , hey this dude could be playing me here. And well...I can allow it to happen lol.

If Tony Khan had more experience in business like Vince McMahon or HHH could have likely handled it in a way where he could have floated..."Let me talk to HHH. I'll see if we can do a talent trade and get your son into AEW and I'll let someone from Dark or Elevation go there." This would have really been a better tactic.

- Instead Tony now has to sit back now and realize...William Regal doesn't want to be on TV. He never wanted to be on TV. He has a role win talent relations where he can literally pluck talent from his roster given his WWE role and connections he made. This is one deal where William Regal was smart...he waited and he played a better game than Tony in the end.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Not directly related to wrestling but it still good to hear. TBS using Dynamite as a lead in to power slap was a miserable failure. There was almost no audience carry over. Dana White, TBS and the state of Nevada are getting destroyed over power slap in general

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Not directly related to wrestling but it still good to hear. TBS using Dynamite as a lead in to power slap was a miserable failure. There was almost no audience carry over. Dana White, TBS and the state of Nevada are getting destroyed over power slap in general
    That power slap thing is upsetting to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    That power slap thing is upsetting to watch.
    Power slap is not a sport. It's people signing up for free CTE and other head trauma.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Power slap is not a sport. It's people signing up for free CTE and other head trauma.
    If one were to fiendishly play devil's advocate, a person who was anti-wrestling might take one of those sentences and change it.

What is and what is not a sport is something subject to much debate and different points of views. Sadly, opportunists probably take advantage of that perpetual uncertainty, that ongoing unanswerable debate.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-20-2023 at 09:44 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    If I were to fiendishly play devil's advocate, a person who was anti-wrestling might take one of those sentences and change it.

What is and what is not a sport is something subject to much debate and different points of views. Sadly, opportunists probably take advantage of that perpetual uncertainty, that ongoing unanswerable debate.
    My biggest issue with power slap you can't defend yourself. You have to let someone get a clean hit on you. The chances of serious head trauma is more of a guarantee compared boxing, MMA, wrestling and football. It's hard to find entertainment value in a contest when this sort of thing is common place

https://twitter.com/ChrisNowinski1/s...Cx3xHHgqA&s=19

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

My biggest issue with power slap you can't defend yourself. You have to let someone get a clean hit on you. The chances of serious head trauma is more of a guarantee compared boxing, MMA, wrestling and football. It's hard to find entertainment value in a contest when this sort of thing is common place
    I think I agree, though I'd bet the slap contestants would assert that they do A, B, C, and D in the gym every week to create a bodily defense for themselves. (though I can't imagine how you could realistically or meaningfully create such a defense)
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-20-2023 at 02:11 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Extraordinary Member

I actually think Powerslap might suffer from being effectively the opposite of pro-wrestling, making the pairing of the two shows a bad choice - pro-wrestling is so much about the narrative that it stopped being an actual sport and became just a narrative, while power-slapping is breaking down a sport so much there really isn't anything left of the narrative at all.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I actually think Powerslap might suffer from being effectively the opposite of pro-wrestling, making the pairing of the two shows a bad choice - pro-wrestling is so much about the narrative that it stopped being an actual sport and became just a narrative, while power-slapping is breaking down a sport so much there really isn't anything left of the narrative at all.
    I think Powerslap suffers from being the dumbest thing to ever be allowed on TV in a long, long time.

I remember AMC had that arm wrestling show years ago. They had it built around reality TV and played it like pro wrestling in a sense from memory. Then AMC went and canceled all reality shows except Comic Book Men.

Power Slap in some places has been around before this. I remember seeing YouTube people do funny commentary on some of these competitions.

They are seriously repackaging Lacey Evans again.? Watching SD tonight they could future endeavor, the Vikings, Lotharios and the male models and no one would care or miss them. Lots of dead weight in the E right now.

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    They are seriously repackaging Lacey Evans again.? Watching SD tonight they could future endeavor, the Vikings, Lotharios and the male models and no one would care or miss them. Lots of dead weight in the E right now.
    You named half of Smackdown's tag division.

Speaking of brain damage...I actually listened to a piece of that Jade Cargill interview. Here is a scary deal.

"They told me , oh your gonna use a chair tonight. I've never used a chair before. No one's showing me how to use it either. Then CM Punk showed me how to use it."

So AEW was going to let someone who never delivered a chair shot...do it. Then no one would show her til Punk did.

CM Punk likely saved someone's career here. If not possible brain damage.