Page 555 of 902 FirstFirst ... 55455505545551552553554555556557558559565605655 ... LastLast
Results 8,311 to 8,325 of 13529

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Speaking of brain damage...I actually listened to a piece of that Jade Cargill interview. Here is a scary deal.

"They told me , oh your gonna use a chair tonight. I've never used a chair before. No one's showing me how to use it either. Then CM Punk showed me how to use it."

So AEW was going to let someone who never delivered a chair shot...do it. Then no one would show her til Punk did.

CM Punk likely saved someone's career here. If not possible brain damage.
    it's not surprising, i also heard he healed adam cole as well. cm punk is basically a saint.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    it's not surprising, i also heard he healed adam cole as well. cm punk is basically a saint.
    She explains it in the clip they lifted.

Jade then explains how she learned to do the chair shot as there is an "art" to it where you don't really damage someone. She can't explain it as he asked but even Raven has claimed there is ways to do chair shots and not really hurt the other person.

But its very insane to think that those people backstage working in AEW hands a very green wrestler like Jade a steel chair and really never go over it all with her. Just , oh your gonna use this tonight. Which can go wrong badly if no one walked up to help and the fact its the guy you hate that did it , while the rest stood around to not help....is ...well its crazy to see play out.

What if Punk wasn't there ? Would anyone have helped Jade with this ? If no one did then its a dangerous deal for the other person as she could hurt the person badly. Its already a risk letting her do it anyway since she's never used a steel chair and she literally tells them this with no practice run to show her before etc. But with no help that is like really stupid.

And he was a Saint here for the person she hit with the chair that night. Would you want a green Jade Cargill to deliver a chair shot to you and she claims she never used one before ? I know I wouldn't. Hell even with Punk's help I'm still thinking something can go wrong.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

She explains it in the clip they lifted.

Jade then explains how she learned to do the chair shot as there is an "art" to it where you don't really damage someone. She can't explain it as he asked but even Raven has claimed there is ways to do chair shots and not really hurt the other person.

But its very insane to think that those people backstage working in AEW hands a very green wrestler like Jade a steel chair and really never go over it all with her. Just , oh your gonna use this tonight. Which can go wrong badly if no one walked up to help and the fact its the guy you hate that did it , while the rest stood around to not help....is ...well its crazy to see play out.
    i don't hate punk, he's just another dude. i believe he's an asshole but there's lots of assholes in wrestling(and life). what i hate is the way some people ride his jock

What if Punk wasn't there ? Would anyone have helped Jade with this ? If no one did then its a dangerous deal for the other person as she could hurt the person badly. Its already a risk letting her do it anyway since she's never used a steel chair and she literally tells them this with no practice run to show her before etc. But with no help that is like really stupid.

And he was a Saint here for the person she hit with the chair that night. Would you want a green Jade Cargill to deliver a chair shot to you and she claims she never used one before ? I know I wouldn't. Hell even with Punk's help I'm still thinking something can go wrong.
    i don't care enough to listen to that or read jade cargill comments. she should name those who refused show her the art of protected chair shots. it sounds totally believable though, i bet those ftr bastards refused to show jade how to swing a chair.

Oh she could go scorched Earth and could sure. But the blame here is on the following...

- Tony Khan for booking her to do this. Knowing she's a green wrestler and needs to learn this 1st. Before going out live.

- The Road agents (Isn't Jerry Lynn one ?) standing there who instruct this. They should stop and show a green wrestler this if she has an issue. Even Cornette goes..."Was Punk a road agent there ?" Because he knows that this is something they should do.

But in listening to this it brings up a WCW level situation. Which AEW already has had issues where a lot of these guys are getting hurt...badly. Adam Cole almost had his career ended with a concussion. Matt Hardy literally cracked his head on concrete and they wouldn't stop it. Ruby Soho was dropped on her head a few months ago.

So yeah...this isn't a good track record for AEW.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Oh she could go scorched Earth and could sure. But the blame here is on the following...

- Tony Khan for booking her to do this. Knowing she's a green wrestler and needs to learn this 1st. Before going out live.

- The Road agents (Isn't Jerry Lynn one ?) standing there who instruct this. They should stop and show a green wrestler this if she has an issue. Even Cornette goes..."Was Punk a road agent there ?" Because he knows that this is something they should do.

But in listening to this it brings up a WCW level situation. Which AEW already has had issues where a lot of these guys are getting hurt...badly. Adam Cole almost had his career ended with a concussion. Matt Hardy literally cracked his head on concrete and they wouldn't stop it. Ruby Soho was dropped on her head a few months ago.

So yeah...this isn't a good track record for AEW.
    i blame kahn for pushing jade period. that said i just thank god cm punk happened to be passing out gift cards & fruit baskets(anonymously) backstage when he found jade being shunned while pleading for guidance. he really should get a medal of some sort.

then again who care what i think, the big question here is what does disco think??
    Last edited by BigLbo; 01-21-2023 at 06:06 AM.

Honestly even the podcast guy interviewing Jade brings up how if AEW ran house shows like WWE....Jade could learn these things on house shows and help her that way. Which she agrees with. Jade knows she's a green wrestler yet...her mic skills and character help. Khan has to know the talent and limits they have here.

In all...talent wise with who she is....I think she'll do fine. If she didn't upset the locker room discussing what a good man Punk is. Because we all know how some there can't handle that.

I spoke to Disco ...Disco agrees with me.

Watching old promos of Briscoe's and you can see just how close the brothers were. Its a very sad deal seeing how the 2 spent years together as a team (20 years I believe). Its a hard deal for that family and Mark Briscoe.

I lost someone suddenly years ago (won't go into big detail) close to me. Its harder when your traveling alone and thinking , if only that person was right here. You walk into places and they aren't beside you anymore. They aren't there to talk with you in times. Its rough for darn sure.

Honestly even the podcast guy interviewing Jade brings up how if AEW ran house shows like WWE....Jade could learn these things on house shows and help her that way. Which she agrees with. Jade knows she's a green wrestler yet...her mic skills and character help. Khan has to know the talent and limits they have here.

In all...talent wise with who she is....I think she'll do fine. If she didn't upset the locker room discussing what a good man Punk is. Because we all know how some there can't handle that.

I spoke to Disco ...Disco agrees with me.
    if it means jade wouldn't be on tv i'm all for it. however i don't see why she can't do that stuff on dark or elevation the same as house shows.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Okada went ballistic on Kiyomiya on day 2 of wrestle kingdom

https://twitter.com/PuroresuFlow/sta...tUNWhHuhQ&s=19

Nick Khan discusses Tony Khan. Nick doesn't know "The Kid" and really doesn't fear Tony or AEW really. He does compliment Shiad Khan and how he's a self made billionaire and how he runs the Jaguars. How he respects that.

As Jim Cornette and Last seem to basically say Nick Khan and the WWE's approach is ...they don't seem impressed with Tony. That he's just some rich daddies kid and it irks Tony at how they view him.

Continuing on with my Wrestlemania rewatches:

Wrestlemania 12 - I have to be honest, the only match I liked was the Bret Hart vs. Sean Michaels headliner.

Wrestlemania 13 - I thought the Rocky Maivia match was a bit lame, though I liked how his dad came in after the match. The Bret Hart vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin match was fun though I think I would've much preferred a real match over this submission match.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

I have not watched wrestling in over a decade....but this (alongside Steiner math) has to be the coolest thing I have ever seen! (Starts .33 seconds)

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Continuing on with my Wrestlemania rewatches:

Wrestlemania 12 - I have to be honest, the only match I liked was the Bret Hart vs. Sean Michaels headliner.

Wrestlemania 13 - I thought the Rocky Maivia match was a bit lame, though I liked how his dad came in after the match. The Bret Hart vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin match was fun though I think I would've much preferred a real match over this submission match.

I think the submission match with Hart/Austin worked best because it gave both men a "win" in a way. Austin never tapped and him becoming a bloody mess (which both men secretly planned) as it runs down his face was...perfect. The entire thing worked. Bret won the match , but so did Austin who became a huge face star after it.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    They did a "real match" on PPV at Surv Series 96 (which is fantastic, also one of Austin's best matches), so I totally understood why they didn't just do a simple nongimmick singles rematch on PPV like 4 months later.

https://www.cagematch.net/?id=111&nr=134
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-23-2023 at 07:51 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

I did like how Bret Hart told Austin he needed to get color to really sell it. The WWF then was against blood and Bret told Austin he'd take blame if Vince McMahon got mad. It happened right before him and...Vince was OK with it all.

I think Vince liked how it added to the match himself. He had to talk Austin into doing the passed out moment before. That he told Steve it would make him more popular.

Vince then...was right. Its wild how then Vince McMahon knew what would work.