Page 556 of 902 FirstFirst ... 56456506546552553554555556557558559560566606656 ... LastLast
Results 8,326 to 8,340 of 13529
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

WWE is discussing bringing back the Authors of Pain. I hope so. I like hoss tag teams and AoP were fun to watch on NXT

This match still holds up so well 5 years later. My favorite Rousey match to date and the "Killer Queen" was Charlotte's best characterization.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

It's too early to deal with angry wrestling fans in a group who get mad at calling John Cena a legend. I was never the biggest Cena fan but even I'll say it...he's done so much in WWE for 20 years he deserves that nod as a legend.

Having someone angry over how Cena isn't Hogan , Austin , Undertaker or Rock is just...silly to debate. Each person came along in different eras and did something for that generation of fans.

This is over Cena getting 3 covers for WWE 23 coming out soon by the way. I said well...given his legacy he deserves the nod.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    It's too early to deal with angry wrestling fans in a group who get mad at calling John Cena a legend. I was never the biggest Cena fan but even I'll say it...he's done so much in WWE for 20 years he deserves that nod as a legend.
    Yeah he is. And I was one of his biggest critics and haters. After the great matches with Styles (which I first belatedly saw in 2019/2020), Cena finally earned my respect and I admitted what was plain: he had put together a memorable good/great enough career both in and out of the ring.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-23-2023 at 09:50 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

This is over Cena getting 3 covers for WWE 23 coming out soon by the way. I said well...given his legacy he deserves the nod.
    Except in the past 2K have put the legends on the special edition and a current superstar on the standard edition. Putting Cena, and guy that's only had 2 televised matches in the past two years, on every edition isn't necessary.

Also, when people state "no one takes the newer wrestlers seriously as superstars," these are the things that are part of the reason why.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Except in the past 2K have put the legends on the special edition and a current superstar on the standard edition. Putting Cena, and guy that's only had 2 televised matches in the past two years, on every edition isn't necessary.

Also, when people state "no one takes the newer wrestlers seriously as superstars," these are the things that are part of the reason why.
    It's the cover to a game. I don't get all the hate about it. it's a cover...NOW if he had a strap and was only wrestling 1-2 times a year, then yes, I get that anger. But a video game? The man IS a legend. Plain and simple. Anyone that was at the top for that long and can still control a crowd and STILL does all his Make A Wish requests is a Legend in my book. The man has done so much for the business...Well, except that spinner...Yeah...That spinner...

They put Austin on the cover years ago and noone had an issue with it, when he makes even less appearances than Cena. I'm surprised it's not Reigns though. I thought for sure it was either going to be just him, or him and Bianca Belair like it was him and Becky Lynch in 2K20. They've been putting part-timers on the covers for years anyway, so this is hardly something unexpected.
    Last edited by Johnny; 01-23-2023 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    It's the cover to a game. I don't get all the hate about it. it's a cover...NOW if he had a strap and was only wrestling 1-2 times a year, then yes, I get that anger. But a video game?
    It's one piece of a larger puzzle. People won't take newer wrestlers as superstars if the superstars of old continually upstage them and are presented as better. It's the same as when they constantly roll out the "legends" to then talk down to current superstars on the mic, hit their finisher on them to pop the crowd and stand tall after. How does that look to a casual fan if they were to try and elevate, say, Bronson Reed to a main event spot a few months after he tapped out to a geriatric Ric Flair to pop the live crowd on a random Raw anniversary episode?

A large portion of the people that buy these games are casual fans. An audience that has either stagnated or dropped for years because they don't care about the newer guys. This doesn't help.

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    They put Austin on the cover years ago and noone had an issue with it, when he makes even less appearances than Cena. I'm surprised it's not Reigns though. I thought for sure it was either going to be just him, or him and Bianca Belair like it was him and Becky Lynch in 2K20.
    That was back in 2016, and the last time they had a non-current wrestler on the cover of the main game. Since they've used a current wrestler on the main game and usually a legend on the special edition.

People won't take newer wrestlers as superstars if the superstars of old continually upstage them and are presented as better.
    The main goal of the game cover is to help sell games. So I would think the newer superstars would have to prove they would help sell more or at least comparably to the "superstars of old." It seems someone or someones didn't feel that was the case for any newer superstar.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    The main goal of the game cover is to help sell games. So I would think the newer superstars would have to prove they would help sell more or at least comparably to the "superstars of old." It seems someone or someones didn't feel that was the case for any newer superstar.
    Again, one piece to a larger puzzle. People won't buy games with a current superstar if that superstar isn't presented as such on the weekly product in order to gain that.

Again, one piece to a larger puzzle. People won't buy games with a current superstar if that superstar isn't presented as such on the weekly product in order to gain that.
    One can see a puzzle of no superstar currently rising to the level of certain superstars of old. This has been talked about in certain articles and by Cornette and whatnot. We're in a weird time in wrestling right now where I think no large enough general audience is too "into" any one star. AEW, WWE, etc all seem to be facing or suffering this weird time of crisis in that aspect.

I think I moreso see an industry coming to understand that there is kinda sorta no superstars right now, not the level of superstars the promotions really need. There is a fire missing from wrestling right now. I think whether we consciously know or realize it or not, we're all waiting for someone to really catch fire (so as to help others catch fire).
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-23-2023 at 12:03 PM.

Ultimate Member

Having someone angry over how Cena isn't Hogan , Austin , Undertaker or Rock is just...silly to debate. Each person came along in different eras and did something for that generation of fans.

Cena is absolutely a legend.

Anyone arguing against that now is just being silly.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    One can see a puzzle of no superstar currently rising to the level of certain superstars of old. This has been talked about in certain articles and by Cornette and whatnot. We're in a weird time in wrestling right now where I think no large enough general audience is too "into" any one star. AEW, WWE, etc all seem to be facing or suffering this weird time of crisis in that aspect.

I think I moreso see an industry coming to understand that there is kinda sorta no superstars right now, not the level of superstars the promotions really need. There is a fire missing from wrestling right now. I think whether we consciously know or realize it or not, we're all waiting for someone to really catch fire (so as to help others catch fire).
    Eh it isn't that simple. The problem is when newer wrestlers or factions do catch fire. They immediately have their momentum taken away. Or they get flat out buried or booked as jokes even if they get a championship. Ppl like the Hurt Business, Sasha Banks heck even Rusev. Vince stifles any organically over star in favor of ppl like Charlotte Flair. It even took him years to sell Roman Reigns right. Even Khan in AEW isn't booking right from what I hear, I don't even watch the show. But yeah we've already seen ppl catch fire and what happens to them when they do.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Eh it isn't that simple. The problem is when newer wrestlers or factions do catch fire. They immediately have their momentum taken away. Or they get flat out buried or booked as jokes even if they get a championship. Ppl like the Hurt Business, Sasha Banks heck even Rusev. Vince stifles any organically over star in favor of ppl like Charlotte Flair. It even took him years to sell Roman Reigns right. Even Khan in AEW isn't booking right from what I hear, I don't even watch the show. But yeah we've already seen ppl catch fire and what happens to them when they do.
    How is it that people like Steve Austin, The Rock and Trish Stratus were never accused of burying anyone, yet John Cena, Roman Reigns and Charlotte Flair always are.