Page 558 of 902 FirstFirst ... 58458508548554555556557558559560561562568608658 ... LastLast
Results 8,356 to 8,370 of 13529
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    People now say [Flair]'s held on too long and wrestled way past his prime before his Last Match. But with Flair you saw a man who once told a reporter ..."I love this business. If only I could be half that age again to work now."
    Anyone who says that is ridiculous in the sense that many top wrestlers (and sports performers) keep going way past their primes. So many wrestlers probably wish they could wrestle way past their primes, but their doctors (or families, etc) told them they cannot do that and so they didn't.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-25-2023 at 07:09 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Naito officially did not renew his NWJP contract.
    The way Naito told it, it was more on NJPW's end. Although most likely the two sides just probably couldn't agree to a deal.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    The way Naito told it, it was more on NJPW's end. Although most likely the two sides just probably couldn't agree to a deal.
    New Japan has been letting a lot of talent leave lately.

The speculation I was suggesting was more for an AEW appearance or a rumble entrant.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Watching clips of Power Slap. Seeing a lady get smacked so hard in the face she literally quits is wild. But one slap where the guy gets knocked out literally and goes..

"Am I fighting someone?"

"No your at Power Slap."

Is insane crazy it's being allowed.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Vince must fear some of these lawsuits over his takeover, because he rolled back some changes he made to try to kill these suits in their infancy:
    [A] Jan. 17 securities filing showed that McMahon had repealed the most contentious changes, restoring power to the board. The filing prompted the current dispute among the shareholders.

In one corner, the pension fund and another investor are seeking to have the bylaw-related claims declared moot so they can take credit for the reforms and seek a “mootness fee” in recognition of their role in forcing McMahon to curtail his ambitions.

“This consolidated litigation is narrow in scope, it is moot, and the only remaining litigation in this action should concern the application for a fee award,” they said in a court filing Monday.

The other group of investors, meanwhile—those suing over McMahon’s alleged history of paying to cover up sexual harassment accusations—are seeking to sever their case from the consolidated action. That could keep the bylaw-related claims alive, interfering with any fee request.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...mong-investors
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-25-2023 at 10:49 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

It's never a good sign when a babyface loses a lot, turns heel, and then immediately loses some more.

I'd say Toni Storm's AEW run is officially a dud.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    It's never a good sign when a babyface loses a lot, turns heel, and then immediately loses some more.

While that bit had one big question mark painted all over it?

Still more interesting than the Gunn/Acclaimed segment. Easily more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post

i wouldn't go that far yet, though i do think she's miscast in this feud. she was barely on the main roster and her only memorable moment was getting a pie in the face. ruby would even make more sense.

brianson vs thatcher next week sounds good.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i wouldn't go that far yet, though i do think she's miscast in this feud. she was barely on the main roster and her only memorable moment was getting a pie in the face. ruby would even make more sense.

brianson vs thatcher next week sounds good.
    She's in her role because Saraya sucked ass as a face and she got lumped with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    She's in her role because Saraya sucked ass as a face and she got lumped with her.
    true, i think the horrible "babyface" promo monkey wrenched a lot of plans and now we're getting this homegrown vs castoffs angle. i would've rather toni turned heel with hayter by attacking brit. have brit and saraya find mutual respect and fight against hayter & storm(hayte storm??). ah well just have to see how it plays out i guess. i hope willow gets a big push out this somehow.

Willow is awesome! So is Blue.

I'd rather see those two than Toni and Saraya.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Hold up so Bray us supposed to be face? I thought it was just heel vs heel? My God someone needs to get BW under control.

So according to Ric Flair he apologized to Becky Lynch and Seth Rollins at RAW 30. That he realized how silly he was acting over the whole The Man trademark. That he never should have let it go that far.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Hold up so Bray us supposed to be face? I thought it was just heel vs heel? My God someone needs to get BW under control.
    Bray is who the fans want him to be.

But LA Knight is just too darn flashy....YEEEEAAH !!