Page 562 of 902 FirstFirst ... 62462512552558559560561562563564565566572612662 ... LastLast
Results 8,416 to 8,430 of 13529
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    That's like the announcers hyping the fact that Ric Flair broke his back every time he took a backdrop. Of course you are going to target an area that was damaged, to increase tension at home.
    There was some matches where in 80's and early 90's if Flair took punishment or back submission moves where Jim Ross from memory would bring up the air plane crash and his back. It wasn't a lot but the announce team was selling drama from it. Did the announce team sell that with Cody during this ?
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    There was some matches where in 80's and early 90's if Flair took punishment or back submission moves where Jim Ross from memory would bring up the air plane crash and his back. It wasn't a lot but the announce team was selling drama from it. Did the announce team sell that with Cody during this ?
    They didn't have to. Cody came back from a torn pec and he was put in the ring with Gunther. They mentioned the injury a few times but otherwise trusted the fans knew the danger

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    They didn't have to. Cody came back from a torn pec and he was put in the ring with Gunther. They mentioned the injury a few times but otherwise trusted the fans knew the danger
    Cody should be happy. I trust that Gunther is a good worker. Now if it was Nia Jax , Cody would have a reason to worry lol
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Gunther's always been one of the safest workers out there. He'll beat the holy hell out of you, but never to the point of injury. I doubt Cody was worried about those chops.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Here's how I'd do it.

1. Have Cody declare for the WWE championship specifically, saying that he's after the belt his daddy was striving for, not the Universal title.
    2. Adam Pierce decides that Roman's gonna wrestle on both nights of mania, and that the winner of elimination Chamber will face him for the Universal Championship
    3. Sami wins EC
    4. Cody faces Roman on Night one. He gives him a great fight, and loses.
    5. Sami beats Roman on Night two.
    6. Cody begins chasing Roman Reigns, trying to earn another title shot, and finally manages it at either Summer slam, or the next Mania.
    Ehhh Roman limping away with a belt doesn't feel right...

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I questioned why did had the men's Rumble as the opener but ending with KO and Roman was the right choice. What a fantastic ending. I'm hyped for Smackdown now.
    I would think to get the crowd going. IN Wrestling the 2 best sports on the card are either First or Last...Everything in between are concessions and pee breaks.

I wanted Gunther to win. Forget Cody...
    That finish between the two looked really awkward. I hate when the wrestlers have to shuffle to get into place. I get why it needs to be done but to me, it looks sloppy.
    Logan Paul is a great attraction, that is uber athletic and can wrestle. Give him a few months to train and I bet he could go against anyone.
    Bianca vs Alexa was Meh
    LA Knight vs Bray was Meh
    Mens RR was Meh nothing shocking.
    Women RR was better than the mens, still nothing shocking but marginally better
    Reigns vs KO was pretty damn good.
    Overall I think the RR was ok but not great. The saving Graces were the womens RR and The CHampionship match/aftermath. No real shocks and the biggest moments were Ricochet/Paul (I legit screamed HOLY SH-T and clapped in my apt) and the Chair shot from Sami.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Though I'm still not watching WWE (except for segments on Youtube), it's nice that WWE is treating Walter (not Gunther) with some respect more, in accordance with his massive talent.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-30-2023 at 11:15 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Though I'm still not watching WWE (except for segments on Youtube), it's nice that WWE is treating Walter (not Gunther) with some respect more, in accordance with his massive talent.
    He's the current IC title holder, which is back to being the best worker on the roster.

He's in the elevator spot much like the Jerichos, Perfects, Pattersons, Savages, Harts, etc. of the old days.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

What was that pitch black Match? This BW stuff just isn't working.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    What was that pitch black Match? This BW stuff just isn't working.
    Just another gimmick match for Bray, this time using black lights. It was meh.

AEW trademarked ROH: Reach for the Sky and Jay Briscoe Memorial Cup.

Wonder if they're going to do a tag team tourney/PPV?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    I wanted Gunther to win. Forget Cody...
    That finish between the two looked really awkward. I hate when the wrestlers have to shuffle to get into place. I get why it needs to be done but to me, it looks sloppy.
    Logan Paul is a great attraction, that is uber athletic and can wrestle. Give him a few months to train and I bet he could go against anyone.
    Bianca vs Alexa was Meh
    LA Knight vs Bray was Meh
    Mens RR was Meh nothing shocking.
    Women RR was better than the mens, still nothing shocking but marginally better
    Reigns vs KO was pretty damn good.
    Overall I think the RR was ok but not great. The saving Graces were the womens RR and The CHampionship match/aftermath. No real shocks and the biggest moments were Ricochet/Paul (I legit screamed HOLY SH-T and clapped in my apt) and the Chair shot from Sami.
    I get why Cody was the winer but honestly Gunther would have been the better choice.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    AEW trademarked ROH: Reach for the Sky and Jay Briscoe Memorial Cup.

Wonder if they're going to do a tag team tourney/PPV?
    Rumor is that's how they resolve the ROH Tag Title situation. Vacate them and have the winners be crowned in a Jay Briscoe Memorial Cup.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I get why Cody was the winer but honestly Gunther would have been the better choice.
    Nah. Can't do Heel vs Heel as a Mania main event