Page 565 of 902 FirstFirst ... 65465515555561562563564565566567568569575615665 ... LastLast
Results 8,461 to 8,475 of 13529

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Speaking of Ibushi, he's taking a meeting with WWE sometime after he finishes setting up his school.
    planning to go watch bloodsport 9 and maybe joey janella spring break mania weekend in socal. ibushi is facing mike bailey at bloodsport.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    If it were me, Cody or Sami shouldn't take the titles off Roman.

Should be the Usos. Jey if it can only be one of them.
    which one was reluctant to join roman in the 1st place.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    planning to go watch bloodsport 9 and maybe joey janella spring break mania weekend in socal. ibushi is facing mike bailey at bloodsport.

which one was reluctant to join roman in the 1st place.
    Jey USO

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Manny Pacquiao is set to fight Kota Ibushi

https://asianmma.com/manny-pacquiao-...ushi-in-japan/
    RIP. So respected he actually got a win over Hogan (albeit DQ)

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Cody is teasing the classic Winged Eagle belt on his Twitter. So that seems to be making a comeback .
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

looks like aew is going to start doing house shows. not sure what the pros and cons are but i hope it's good for the talent.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    looks like aew is going to start doing house shows. not sure what the pros and cons are but i hope it's good for the talent.
    They plan to tape parts of Dark & Elevation as part of House Rules, too.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

House shows will be good for AEW. House shows are often used to test out matches and characters before they make it onto TV, so it could help polish AEW's on-screen product.

Normally the argument against house shows is that it's more of a chance for a wrestler to get injured, but most AEW talent works for other companies when not doing AEW stuff, so it's not like they're just sitting around while not there anyway.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

House shows means more pay days for the talent. WWE wrestlers make the majority of their money doing house shows.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Amazing points from both Noodle and Immortal, it seems to be the right move from many perspectives.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

WWE & Forbes back in 2019 said house show gates did not make them money; they ran at a loss. WWE wrestlers got gate money from PPVs and merch sales for bonuses.

Then usage rites in VGs and Network shows.

But WWE ended gate bonuses for everything but WM.

Not sure AEW is doing this for money based on that. Sounds more like test marketing for new areas for live events.

Getting their guys out of the indies and running House Rules as character tests sounds more plausible.

Even WWE doesn't make huge money on gates unless it's foreign or WM.

It is why the big argument has been for guaranteed TV contracts and that is something WWE has been pushing.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Pictures from WWE house shows pre-pandemic showed how bad they were drawing. So it's not a guaranteed success deal there. AEW should run them as tests in strong state markets 1st.

Run a few each month to see how they do.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Post Pandemic WWE only run house shows on weekends. The talents overall workload has been severely reduced.

Whenever I think of house shows I always remember this story from 1990s.

- WCW in its peak NWO drawing year of 1997 was making so much cash. The house show business was doing huge numbers too.

Anyhow at the time they had a house show set for that week. Hogan never worked them from memory. But then Bischoff had a number of guys he wouldn't let do them etc. For a number of stupid reasons.

So he's in a bind for this house show coming up. So from story he calls up Chris Benoit who was off then. Either he promised him more money to do that show or he used his power to make Benoit do it. I think it was pay him more though.

Also he had to pay for his plane ticket to the show and back. As someone joked he could have paid Hall or Nash more money to do said show as WCW didn't make anything for that house show due to Benoit's expenses lol

Rumored Mania Card:

Rhodes - Reigns (confirmed) - would headline night 2
    Flair - Ripley (confirmed) - would headline night 1
    Sheamus - Gunther - McIntyre triple threat for the IC belt
    Sami / KO - Uso's - Tag Titles championship
    Rey vs. Domminick
    Seth Rollins - Logan Paul
    Brood Edge vs. Demon Fin Balor
    John Cena - Austin Theory - (not sure if for US Title or not)
    Damage Ctrl - Bayzler - Rhonda for the women's tag titles
    Belair - EC winner for the Raw women's belt

Why would Ronda go after the tag titles? Besides her and Shayna are heels and so are Damage Ctrl. Just finally do that Ronda/Becky match(if anyone is still interested in seeing it) and call it a day. Becky doesn't have a program for Mania anyway, unless they just end up shoehorning her into the Raw women's title match.