Page 568 of 902 FirstFirst ... 68468518558564565566567568569570571572578618668 ... LastLast
Results 8,506 to 8,520 of 13529

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Gotta disagree some, the Poppa Pump version had some good matches (by WCW standards) against or involving Booker T (at least 2 good matches) and Goldberg and DDP (and maybe even some others). I'm no expert on Scott Steiner, but by the late 90s he was a bit of a veteran (since he apparently started wrestling in 1986, just looked it up), and I understand he had nagging injury problems a bit, so it's far less clear to me that his muscle was the sole or main cause of any lesser work from him (age, injuries, the workload of wrestlers in that era, etc). IMHO, Poppa Pump might not have been early 90s Scott, but he was still a good worker on many nights (at least relative to the rest of the main event roster at that time). Scott was perhaps the best part of WCW's dying days, and not just because of his mic work IMHO.
    i'm with you. steiner might not have been as agile as he once was but "sucked" is a huge overstatement imo. scott was fun as hell to watch in the ring during his main event run.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Batista got better when he dropped the roid mass.

Orton got better when he dropped the PED mass.

Rock got worse when he Hollywood roided.

I think those are better examples of muscle bulk for MJF's height.

MJF has bulked up but not a CRAZY amount. It is very noticeable, however.
    i think it's so noticeable because his waist has gotten so small at the same time as his arms, chest, shoulders have gotten bigger. i haven't noticed any change in his speed or mobility. i've always found him to be good not great in the ring though anyways.

surprised nobody is talking about that promo.

Well, current delay for the AEW game is due to the age rating.

https://www.esrb.org/ratings/38936/aew-fight-forever/

It got the Teen rating but they had to remove a bunch of stuff to make the rating. So now they have to retest in order to make sure it is stable.

They are going to have a game that will contain a massively outdated roster if they don't get it out soon.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i'm with you. steiner might not have been as agile as he once was but "sucked" is a huge overstatement imo. scott was fun as hell to watch in the ring during his main event run.

i think it's so noticeable because his waist has gotten so small at the same time as his arms, chest, shoulders have gotten bigger. i haven't noticed any change in his speed or mobility. i've always found him to be good not great in the ring though anyways.

surprised nobody is talking about that promo.
    What is there to talk about the promo? He's telling a functional story that makes him sound like a piece of shit. As he should do

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    What is there to talk about the promo? He's telling a functional story that makes him sound like a piece of shit. As he should do
    well he was talking about getting a blowjo from liv, which doesn't bother me personally but i would think the network or sponsors could get upset about but also as mentioned by True Dick the whole car crash thing just couple of weeks after jay died in a car accident.

just seemed like a bit much to me especially for one promo

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

One claim (which I am not saying is true) was claims on FB group meme that MJF's promo had people calling the local police department reporting this car accident. And the police coming out to say it was some story on TV finally.

If this did happen it would remind of when Vince McMahon was blown up on TV and people were calling local police. Who had to come on the news and report that Vince McMahon was alive and well and it was something off TV.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    One claim (which I am not saying is true) was claims on FB group meme that MJF's promo had people calling the local police department reporting this car accident. And the police coming out to say it was some story on TV finally.

If this did happen it would remind of when Vince McMahon was blown up on TV and people were calling local police. Who had to come on the news and report that Vince McMahon was alive and well and it was something off TV.
    It does without saying
    3fbb391807614147b0d67a1d0a98b412c01305fdaea0962f742441d688597134.jpg

well he was talking about getting a blowjo from liv, which doesn't bother me personally but i would think the network or sponsors could get upset about but also as mentioned by True Dick the whole car crash thing just couple of weeks after jay died in a car accident.

just seemed like a bit much to me especially for one promo
    He was talking about Liv? I didn't catch that. Still doesn't bother me.

It's pro wrestling...MJF is a heel wanting heel heat. Him saying this in a promo is to get heat off the Jay Briscoe situation in a way. Since it was a few weeks ago.

No problem with it either.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

remember they dropped that story because somebody died in real life??

He was talking about Liv? I didn't catch that. Still doesn't bother me.
    idk, when he was talking about her he said "let's just call her liv". do they have some kind of past??

It's pro wrestling...MJF is a heel wanting heel heat. Him saying this in a promo is to get heat off the Jay Briscoe situation in a way. Since it was a few weeks ago.

No problem with it either.
    damn i hope that's not the case. if he did say it to get heat in some way off the briscoe situation that's some bullshit and makes all the tribute stuff feel disingenuous.

idk, when he was talking about her he said "let's just call her liv". do they have some kind of past??
    They don't. From what I googled MJF story is partially true. It's based on the time he crashed his car into a tree with his football buddies.

They don't. From what I googled MJF story is partially true. It's based on the time he crashed his car into a tree with his football buddies.
    Jay Briscoe just died in a car accident and his young daughter was nearly paralyzed in it, not smart to base your characters backstory on a car accident where someone nearly died. Obviously I don't think MJF did it on purpose he clearly wasn't thinking of Jay's death in this case but he should've ran his promo by someone beforehand and I guarantee at least 1 person would've advised him against it since Jay's death is so fresh.

i wonder if "liv" was actually a dude.

From a report the WWE had the Cody Rhodes/Heyman promo air because they didn't want the crowd to get to a point the fans wanted Sami Zayn in the Wrestlemania match. That they want the fans to realize who gets to Main Event...Wrestlemania.

But it's more stupid to try and slow down a hot character you made by accident. Just because you don't see him personally in that position. Normally I'd say listen to what your fans want.

This wasva good promo. I think what separates Cody and Sami promo wise is....Cody seems to believe he's about to deliver the most epic promo in pro wrestling. That he will deliver these epic words to the masses.

Sami doesn't promo wise. He just goes into his promo without that approach.

From a report the WWE had the Cody Rhodes/Heyman promo air because they didn't want the crowd to get to a point the fans wanted Sami Zayn in the Wrestlemania match. That they want the fans to realize who gets to Main Event...Wrestlemania.

But it's more stupid to try and slow down a hot character you made by accident. Just because you don't see him personally in that position. Normally I'd say listen to what your fans want.

This wasva good promo. I think what separates Cody and Sami promo wise is....Cody seems to believe he's about to deliver the most epic promo in pro wrestling. That he will deliver these epic words to the masses.

agreed, that's why i prefer a sami promo. i hate when somebody THINKS they're giving the greatest promo ever, just let it happen naturally. it's like when somebody thinks they said something really smart. cody crying got old for me some time back. they should book cody vs tommy dreamer in a cry on cue match.

I don't think WWE has to worry about the crowd turning on Cody. Unlike with Bryan Danielson years ago, Cody is a guy the fans want in the spot but also don't want Sami sidelined. I've seen so many fantasy booking where fans try to have their cake and eat it too. Sami works as a tragic figure. Unlike Cody, Sami doesn't need the title. He will work best as an extension of the Jey Uso story from two years ago. He will help him break free of Roman's abuse and help him ascend to tribe chief status like he wanted in 2020.

Let's be real here, the guy to dethrone Roman will be the guy the company will want to make the face of their company. Sami won't fit that image. He will be more of the Bryan Danielson type role.