Page 569 of 902 FirstFirst ... 69469519559565566567568569570571572573579619669 ... LastLast
Results 8,521 to 8,535 of 13529

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I don't think WWE has to worry about the crowd turning on Cody. Unlike with Bryan Danielson years ago, Cody is a guy the fans want in the spot but also don't want Sami sidelined. I've seen so many fantasy booking where fans try to have their cake and eat it too. Sami works as a tragic figure. Unlike Cody, Sami doesn't need the title. He will work best as an extension of the Jey Uso story from two years ago. He will help him break free of Roman's abuse and help him ascend to tribe chief status like he wanted in 2020.

Let's be real here, the guy to dethrone Roman will be the guy the company will want to make the face of their company. Sami won't fit that image. He will be more of the Bryan Danielson type role.
    talk about fantasy booking.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

CM Phil posted this in his Instagram stories

https://twitter.com/wrestlingnewsco/...54572113932291

So I watched Wrestleman 14 tonight. It's the one that was in Boston for those who don't remember.

Anyway, I wasn't crazy about a lot of the matches but there were some gems.

The battle royale was terrible. But man that light heavyweight match was lighting fast!

The Triple H/Owen Hart and Marc Mero/Sable vs. Luna and Goldust matches did nothing for me. Same goes for that dumpster match.

The Rock vs. Ken Shamrock match was interesting because of how much they had Shamrock dominating the Rock. But when they had Shamrock flipping out and being uncontrollable, it crossed the line into cartoonish stupidity. Then the match got interesting when Ron Simmons wouldn't help The Rock get out of the ankle lock. (I'm assuming this kicked off a feud between the Rock and the Nation?)

I know I'm supposed to have been impressed with The Undertaker vs. Kane matchup, but I wasn't.

But the main event match between Stone Cold Steve Austin and Shawn Michaels was fantastic. I am a little biased because Austin won and his rise was my 2nd go-round with having a big fandom for wrestling. But it was a fun match and with Austin grabbing the title, a wonderful end result for an uneven (for me) event.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    So I watched Wrestleman 14 tonight. It's the one that was in Boston for those who don't remember.

Anyway, I wasn't crazy about a lot of the matches but there were some gems.

The battle royale was terrible. But man that light heavyweight match was lighting fast!

The Triple H/Owen Hart and Marc Mero/Sable vs. Luna and Goldust matches did nothing for me. Same goes for that dumpster match.

The Rock vs. Ken Shamrock match was interesting because of how much they had Shamrock dominating the Rock. But when they had Shamrock flipping out and being uncontrollable, it crossed the line into cartoonish stupidity. Then the match got interesting when Ron Simmons wouldn't help The Rock get out of the ankle lock. (I'm assuming this kicked off a feud between the Rock and the Nation?)

I know I'm supposed to have been impressed with The Undertaker vs. Kane matchup, but I wasn't.
    the only time i'm impressed by a kane match is when his opponent is able to get something decent out of him.

But the main event match between Stone Cold Steve Austin and Shawn Michaels was fantastic. I am a little biased because Austin won and his rise was my 2nd go-round with having a big fandom for wrestling. But it was a fun match and with Austin grabbing the title, a wonderful end result for an uneven (for me) event.
    really?? it was a great moment for sure but imo painfully obvious hbk was phoning it in.

it's a shame taka vs aguila/essa rios got so little time on that show.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Shawn doing that on a destroyed back is impressive when you think about it. That was his last match for a couple years.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Shawn doing that on a destroyed back is impressive when you think about it. That was his last match for a couple years.
    oh yeah, a destroyed back and even worse a lost smile. i heard after the match hbk had to get emergency back surgery, still xperimental in the 90s

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    oh yeah, a destroyed back and even worse a lost smile. i heard after the match hbk had to get emergency back surgery, still xperimental in the 90s
    [img]https://img.*************.net/instances/68707243.jpg[/img]
    You can tell he was physically out of it by the end when he took that punch from Tyson. Like he was going on best instinct he could then.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

You can tell he was physically out of it by the end when he took that punch from Tyson. Like he was going on best instinct he could then.
    whatever you say. to me it just looked like hbk being hbk when he has to put somebody over that he doesn't want to. either way i wouldn't call the match fantastic.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 02-12-2023 at 07:11 AM.

HBK had to be threaten by the Undertaker to be professional. I will give him no credit for half assing.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    whatever you say. to me it just looked like hbk being hbk when he has to put somebody over that he doesn't want to. either way i wouldn't call the match fantastic.
    It wasn't...Shawn couldn't really do his big style bumping he was known for. Even when he got stunned by Austin he really couldn't sell it the way he really could have if fully healthy.

But watch the final minute where he has to push himself up to do the Tyson spot. Him weakly pushing Iron Mike as we saw.

He may not have wanted to put Stone Cold over but he wasn't in good shape by this one.

HBK had to be threaten by the Undertaker to be professional. I will give him no credit for half assing.
    Except it wasn't half assing here. Michaels back was messed up. He was basically gutting out this match and if we watch he couldn't do what he was known for.

Sure Shawn got karma over his actions. That bump he took on Undertaker's casket its claimed was karma hitting him in the ass for his actions for years.

But in this match with Austin he was in bad shape and as we know he didn't wrestle for a couple of years.

Extraordinary Member

Cody gave Sami the pep talk of the ages.

After the Cody promo, the tag team title match needs to headline night 1 of WrestleMania

After the Cody promo, the tag team title match needs to headline night 1 of WrestleMania
    100% agree. Night 1 would end hot on a high note when Sami / KO win the titles. Right now WWE plans are for Flair / Rhea to be the ME for night one, and Rhea is favored right now (plans could change) to win that match.

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    100% agree. Night 1 would end hot on a high note when Sami / KO win the titles. Right now WWE plans are for Flair / Rhea to be the ME for night one, and Rhea is favored right now (plans could change) to win that match.
    Can't see them bumping Charlotte from the ME spot for a second year in a row. I say leave Zayn/KO vs The Usos for Night 2. Opening match for the tag titles, closing match for the Undisputed Universal title and The Bloodline crumbles in one night.
    Last edited by Johnny; 02-14-2023 at 01:51 PM.