Page 570 of 902 FirstFirst ... 70470520560566567568569570571572573574580620670 ... LastLast
Results 8,536 to 8,550 of 13529
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    really?? it was a great moment for sure but imo painfully obvious hbk was phoning it in.
    I agree. The match was meh (not fantastic). I don't think Shawn was "phoning it in" per se, I think he trying, he just was too limited. Being a big HBK fan, I can't even really watch the WM 14 match anymore. It's painful to watch considering Shawn's obvious pain and also the prior Shawn vs Austin at KOTR 97 which was a taste of what they could have done together.

There was an Austin VHS that had a stylized highlight version of Austin vs HBK WM 14, and I find that version the only watchable version of that WM 14 match. It's here: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8giv4q

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I know I'm supposed to have been impressed with The Undertaker vs. Kane matchup, but I wasn't.
    The only positive I can offer is that this is perhaps their best match together. They had significantly worse bouts against each other. Gimmicks had to be employed over the years to try to make their matches better and I don't think it really worked.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-14-2023 at 02:37 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Can't see them bumping Charlotte from the ME spot for a second year in a row. I say leave Zayn/KO vs The Usos for Night 2. Opening match for the tag titles, closing match for the Undisputed Universal title and The Bloodline crumbles in one night.
    I can as Charlotte program isn't the angle with emotional investment. This bloodline stuff has been going for two years. They bumped the rumble in favor of it and it paid off massively. The Usos have more than earned a mania main-event

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I can as Charlotte program isn't the angle with emotional investment. This bloodline stuff has been going for two years. They bumped the rumble in favor of it and it paid off massively. The Usos have more than earned a mania main-event
    This isn't about whether it's "earned" or not, it's about how you don't do your women's roster dirty for two consecutive years. Last year it made sense, noone is headlining over Austin in Texas in his first match back in 19 years. This year it's not necessary to put the tag match last. Hence like I said, have it open Night 2 and then have The Bloodline lose everything in one night. If you can't go last, you'd rather go first anyway. Besides there are two royal Rumble matches, one for the men and one for the women. It only makes sense to have the women headline one of the two nights.
    Last edited by Johnny; 02-14-2023 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    This isn't about whether it's "earned" or not, it's about how you don't do your women's roster dirty for a second year in a row. Last year it made sense, noone is headlining over Austin in Texas in his first match back in 19 years. This year it's not necessary to put the tag match last. Hence like I said, have it open Night 2 and then have The Bloodline lose everything in one night. If you can't go last, you'd rather go first anyway. Besides there are two royal Rumble matches, one for the men, one for the women. It only makes sense to have the women headline one of the two nights.
    It's the wrestling business. Things shift all the time to strike when the iron is hot. The bloodline story is the hottest angle in the business right now and frankly the only program they have going to justify the headlining spots at WrestleMania.

It's the wrestling business. Things shift all the time to strike when the iron is hot. The bloodline story is the hottest angle in the business right now and frankly the only program they have going to justify the headlining spots at WrestleMania.
    Gotta agree with that. Don't watch WWE on TV, but I've been watching the hell outta some of these Zayn/Bloodline vids on Youtube. Compelling story indeed.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Dutch mantel broke the news that Jerry Jarrett passed away

https://twitter.com/dirtydmantell/st...2deufCDjQ-lekA

I saw Wrestlemania 15 a couple days ago.

I tried to get involved with the matches but other than the main event, I thought the entire card was a bucket of warm spit and I was kind of embarrassed to sit through it.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Dutch mantel broke the news that Jerry Jarrett passed away

https://twitter.com/dirtydmantell/st...2deufCDjQ-lekA
    I'm glad Jeff and his dad made peace with each other. They went a few years not having best relationship. But last I saw from Jeff Jarrett he had been speaking with his dad again.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I saw Wrestlemania 15 a couple days ago.

I tried to get involved with the matches but other than the main event, I thought the entire card was a bucket of warm spit and I was kind of embarrassed to sit through it.
    Yeah. I think so many Wrestlemanias are hard to watch, some with like only 1 or 2 matches worth watching. And so I feel sorry for all these fans that want to first expose themselves to more WWE so they watch them, or rewatch them. Vince simply failed so many Wrestlemania cards over the years.

I grew up watching a lot of match compilations on WWF Coliseum Video (besides watching the whole show PPVs on VHS). And ever since those days, I prefer just watching match compilations where a lot of the bad matches are removed.

With WWF in the 80s, for example, so many great matches didn't happen at Wrestlemanias or PPVs, but at MSG house shows, Boston Garden house shows, Philly Spectrum house shows, etc (not to mention SNME and the TV shows)...and thankfully a lot of those were taped and have commentary and now you can watch them a lot easier on Youtube/Etc or WWE Network.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-15-2023 at 06:28 AM.

AEW is in a spot. Ratings haven't been as great and CM Punk is cleared to return in less than 2 months. Jericho doesn't want him back but the decision will now rest with Tony Khan.

Uncle Dave claims both sides haven't met yet to mend fences. But as Punk's Instagram hinted the both sides can do business and stay apart backstage. (Like Rollins and Matt Riddle)

Cody voiced his views on it and actually never picked a side. Saying he likes them all...even Punk. That he feels the fight let the spirit of AEW down.

The end result is...AEW needs a big storyline. They need one to sell TV on. And well...the angle a lot want is Punk/FTR vs Elite in a big program.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    AEW is in a spot. Ratings haven't been as great and CM Punk is cleared to return in less than 2 months. Jericho doesn't want him back but the decision will now rest with Tony Khan.

The end result is...AEW needs a big storyline. They need one to sell TV on. And well...the angle a lot want is Punk/FTR vs Elite in a big program.
    I agree that AEW does actually have to consider bringing Punk back, they can't just dismiss it so easily. AEW is "in a spot," I agree. However, I also feel that Tony has shown a lot of incompetence as head booker and I'm not sure he could properly exploit a Punk return. Good chance Tony would make the angles fizzle out quickly and all might be for naught.

Tony has been unable to make anything, as of late, even nearly as interesting as WWE's Bloodline/Sami story, which is not so great a story IMHO, relatively speaking. That's how you know Tony Khan is failing at his job.

Cody was sorta right...the brawl kinda shattered various perceptions about AEW's appeal/strengths. I think it especially revealed just how weak Tony Khan is as a leader.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-15-2023 at 08:24 AM.

I think you have to shock fans. If you want Punk to go heel....he needs a bad ass stable. You give him FTR and MJF. You have Punk be a manager type with Max.

Tony needs to be a character onscreen. This entire angle of Elite vs Society (Punks group) is about who and what AEW is. The Elite can claim they are the spirit of AEW etc. Punk can claim his arrival with FTR and Maxwell winning the championship show They are the true power of AEW.

Khan is being handed a pure money angle right now.

I think you have to shock fans. If you want Punk to go heel....he needs a bad ass stable. You give him FTR and MJF. You have Punk be a manager type with Max.

Tony needs to be a character onscreen. This entire angle of Elite vs Society (Punks group) is about who and what AEW is.
    Your idea rings a good bit of The Pinnacle, which I think then begs the question of simply resurrecting it. And "who and what AEW is" (at least the "what") is also reflected in the JAS (wrestling vs sports entertainment)...so maybe you have to strike a more nuanced contrast.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-15-2023 at 11:41 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Tony needs to be a character onscreen. This entire angle of Elite vs Society (Punks group) is about who and what AEW is. The Elite can claim they are the spirit of AEW etc. Punk can claim his arrival with FTR and Maxwell winning the championship show They are the true power of AEW.

Khan is being handed a pure money angle right now.
    Nah, MJF doesn't need a manager.

Punk and FTR would be a good enough stable on it's own. and since the feud would obviously be for the Trios titles, a fourth man would just complicate matters