Page 572 of 902 FirstFirst ... 72472522562568569570571572573574575576582622672 ... LastLast
Results 8,566 to 8,580 of 13529

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I agree that AEW does actually have to consider bringing Punk back, they can't just dismiss it so easily. AEW is "in a spot," I agree. However, I also feel that Tony has shown a lot of incompetence as head booker and I'm not sure he could properly exploit a Punk return. Good chance Tony would make the angles fizzle out quickly and all might be for naught.

Tony has been unable to make anything, as of late, even nearly as interesting as WWE's Bloodline/Sami story, which is not so great a story IMHO, relatively speaking. That's how you know Tony Khan is failing at his job.

Cody was sorta right...the brawl kinda shattered various perceptions about AEW's appeal/strengths. I think it especially revealed just how weak Tony Khan is as a leader.
    that's an overstatement if i ever heard one. the bloodline thing is one of the most interesting storylines to come along in years, and lets be honest it really kind of fell into their laps. that's like saying the eagles failed at their jobs just because they didn't win the superbowl.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I think you have to shock fans. If you want Punk to go heel....he needs a bad ass stable. You give him FTR and MJF. You have Punk be a manager type with Max.

Tony needs to be a character onscreen. This entire angle of Elite vs Society (Punks group) is about who and what AEW is. The Elite can claim they are the spirit of AEW etc. Punk can claim his arrival with FTR and Maxwell winning the championship show They are the true power of AEW.

Khan is being handed a pure money angle right now.
    and with that said you should NOT be allowed to critique ANY booker ever again. but then again they could have mjf drop the belt in a loser leaves aew match and disappear a few months and then return with punk and ftr and start an.................INVASION!!!!!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Well it's more of bringing him into a situation where he can believe what Punk and FTR have said. Plus Max was with FTR at one time and even though Punk n Max had a hot feud...they seemed to have hero/mentor deal.

Your just paying those off and giving a ....who and what is gonna lead AEW into the future ? Plus it gives Max a hot big program n feuds ahead.

Max doesn't need Punk. But he does need a hot angle to run. (I compare it to Evolution in acway...HHH didn't need Flair there...but having him was part of a main storyline)
    He doesn't need to be in this situation. Just how Kevin Nash didn't need to be in the summer of punk. It will a mistake to include people who have no stake in the conflict

Super ... do you even watch AEW? Your ideas seem out-of-touch with what they are currently and have previously done in the past. Running angles they already did/are currently doing again and shoehorning random people just comes off weird.

If you don't watch because you don't like AEW, probably not a good idea to suggest stuff that is currently happening.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Super ... do you even watch AEW? Your ideas seem out-of-touch with what they are currently and have previously done in the past. Running angles they already did/are currently doing again and shoehorning random people just comes off weird.

If you don't watch because you don't like AEW, probably not a good idea to suggest stuff that is currently happening.
    I doubt he does. A lot of his booking ideas for AEW is Counter intuitive to what the fans of the product want from the company.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Super ... do you even watch AEW? Your ideas seem out-of-touch with what they are currently and have previously done in the past.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I doubt he does. A lot of his booking ideas for AEW is Counter intuitive to what the fans of the product want from the company.
    Super's ideas make more sense to me as time goes on. I've been watching Dynamite every week since somewhere in 2020 and my interest is frankly kinda fading (used to watch Rampage & now I don't even bother). The wrestling is good/good enough, has always been solid, but storywise...AEW's is failing and fading on that end. I'm starting to think Tony has learned a lot of wrong things from NWA, WCW, ROH, NJPW, etc. The mere "competitive spirit" that he thinks people care so much to see....I don't think that's as true as he thinks and the last AEW show in my area's lack of attendance evidenced that some.

A stale feeling is really creeping in for me on AEW. Insufficient stories, interrupted stories, poor character shifts...
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-16-2023 at 03:07 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I watch every couple of weeks. Maybe a couple matches. Match wise...great in Ring work. I gave them props on Samoa Joe push. I do kinda wish they'd let Darby run a good while as TNT Champion. Then drop it to someone else.

But yeah storyline wise...company needs work at times. The real last big heel run I feel was good tv...for most part was Omega.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I agree a good bit with Bischoff's thoughts on AEW, that it is flatlining:
    “How do you just not see it? How do you not look at your own product if you’re Tony Khan and go, okay, every once in a while, we crack a million, but we’re living in that 900K Zone and we have for a long time, let’s not kid ourselves, you can spin that thing anyway you want to spin it, it is what it is. They’re flatlining and have been for a long time. What do you need to do to get to that next level? That next phase, that growth phase, what do you do? What you’re doing isn’t working. Dream matches and getting dirt sheet Booker of the Year awards has done absolutely nothing for your growth. First of all, me pointing out facts is not being critical, so when I talk about flatlining, that is a term referencing their growth chart. I think there is pressure.

Now, maybe Tony doesn’t care if he’s at some point in the future at risk of losing his partnership, but I can assure you, not just from personal experience, but just paying attention to things a little bit, man, with turnover in the television industry, top management, companies being merged, bought, sold, all the things that’s been going on for quite a while, if you’re not growing, you’re dying. That’s just my opinion and maybe Tony doesn’t care and if he doesn’t, then great, by the way, he was the one that was making all the comparisons to WWE and taking shots at WWE. Talent still does it on a regular basis. So if you’re really not interested in competing, quit talking about yourself as a competitor to WWE and focus on your own stuff if you’re not competing. If you are competing, then go the other direction, fight like hell, get in the mid, etc.”
    https://wrestlingheadlines.com/eric-...s-against-wwe/

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Vince wants to sell WWE for 9 billion

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/sta...QBCeS6Rnw&s=19

Vince wants to sell WWE for 9 billion

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/sta...QBCeS6Rnw&s=19
    Bloomberg guy Lucas Shaw: “the asking price was 37% greater than the company’s $6.5 billion market value.”
    . . .
    Cagesideseats writer: "Bloomberg’s report seems to strengthen the position of those who argued McMahon used the possibility of a sale to force his way back onto the board, but that he had little interest in actually selling. If that is correct, the question then becomes if Vince will be content to serve as the Board’s leader, or if he’ll retake control of other aspects of the company moving forward."

So, makes one wonder.
    https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/20...ndeavor-saudis
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-17-2023 at 02:30 PM.

Did anyone actually believe Vince was going to sell his life blood away ? Vince's life was dedicated to WWE. Once he came back he likely thought....sell my WWE ? No...no...not today. Maybe when I pass away and even I'll make it a damn hassle to sell.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Looks like Tony Khan didn't take it well seeing Ariel as a guest correspondent on Smackdown

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/...3ZaphvBVg&s=19

Looks like Tony Khan didn't take it well seeing Ariel as a guest correspondent on Smackdown

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/...3ZaphvBVg&s=19
    This is the guy Tony spent an interview not answering questions on. If Ariel was smart his reply should have been... "I really can't answer that question right now..." Then another response of...."Yeah , well I really can't answer that one right now."

Wrestlemania 16...wow talk about shit.

Is it bad that I was actually more entertained by the opening match between D-Lo Brown/The Godfather and Big Boss Man / Bull Buchanan, than I was most of the rest of the card?

The Hardcore Championship...waste of time. So was the Head Cheese/Test & Albert match. The Ladder match? Stupid. Chyna teamed with Too Cool to fight Eddie Guerrero, Dean Malenko and Perry Saturn? What, they couldn't find decent wrestlers to team up Chyna with?

The less said about the Terri Runnels / The Cat "match" the better.

The three way match between Chris Jericho, Chris Benoit and Kurt Angle had its moments but the format was ridiculous. Plus knowing what Benoit would become kind of puts a damper on seeing him in matches despite me having actually liked his style back in the day.

The Kane/Rikishi vs. D-Generation X was more wasting of my time.

The Fatal Four Way match would've been a lot better if it had been a two way match between The Rock and Triple H and without the silliness of the McMahon family being involved.

The only thing I was enjoying throughout the event is when some audience member would hold up a "Savatage is Jericho" sign, Savatage being my favorite band.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I agree a good bit with Bischoff's thoughts on AEW, that it is flatlining:

https://wrestlingheadlines.com/eric-...s-against-wwe/
    "flatlining" is a misleading term though he kind of tried to have it both ways. i would take bitchoffs advice if i wanted to go out of business.

Great moment for Sami last night on SD. Shame that it will end with him getting the hell beat out of him tonight by the bloodline and Reigns running his mouth saying the same shit he has for the last 2 + years.