Page 587 of 902 FirstFirst ... 87487537577583584585586587588589590591597637687 ... LastLast
Results 8,791 to 8,805 of 13529

Quote Originally Posted by GindyPosts View Post
    On the subject of betting on WWE events, AEW already has that deal with DraftKings but then again, if DraftKings could offer bets on 100m dashes in Mozambique, they certainly would.

You can't just go "Oh, let's bet on the winner" cuz people who follow the internet or understand booking trends can easily figure out that. You would have to force the better to look at the intangibles and bet on those; how long will the match be? Will the match have a clean finish? Will there be interference (easy money in a Roman Reigns match, lol)? Over/under on pinfall attempts? And so on.

But... people don't want to do all that, because that's too much thinking and then you're just being an asshole. The modern betting system is based on if a team wins and whether or not they'll cover a cumulative score (the aforementioned over/under) so you'll have to think of some kind of happy medium.
    Tipping was already alleged with the DraftKings deal.

Image how bad this would get?

Vince just wants to launder money.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Jeff Jarrett can do it all. Here he is helping develop wrestle quest

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Jeff Jarrett can do it all. Here he is helping develop wrestle quest

That's awesome...I hope he wins the International Championship next week. King of the Mountain baby.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    That's awesome...I hope he wins the International Championship next week. King of the Mountain baby.
    It's already been spoiled.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ultimate Member

The Wardlow/Joe/Hobbs thing looks kind of messed up.

Wardlow won the title back from Joe just to lose it in a few days to Hobbs? It wasn't a clean win but why have him lose the title that fast at all?

Extraordinary Member

Rey Misterio is this year's first Hall of Fame Inductee

A recent tweet from Don Callis is possibly hinting Kenny Omega is going back into singles soon. "Our focus is Back..."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wrestli...on-in-aew/amp/
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

In news...Ric Flair is now angry at Dutch Mantell. Flair was lashing out at people over his Last Match and he claimed he made over $300,000 from it.

Mantell went in on him saying he wasn't in good shape and looked awful in Ring. That he at one point passed out in Ring due to this shape.

This didn't please Flair who blasted him on FB.

Ahhh your so sweet ...no I won't ask Tony Khan for a job. He's cursed I tell you....CURSED to book as Immortal listed. I just wish he'd do Dusty finishes and we all can laugh more.
    poor tk is the laughingstock of the wrestling world while you & your facebook buds, bitchoff, corny, russo etc remain as relevant as ever.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    New Japan regularly has feuds that have spanned years if not decades. Same with CMLL.

CMLL just had one last year that spanned 3 generations.

This next bit is not directed at you.

WWE marks ask for continuity, more wrestling, big matches not on PPV cards, and some respect that they'll remember things from months ago. AEW gives a semblance of continuity, more wrestling, big matches not on PPV cards, and brings up storylines from months ago. Then they say it's shit booking.

I think they just miss the soap opera. But then AEW would be WWE lite!

The point is giving a true alternative to WWE and an Americanized puro fed. If you don't like it, then go back to the sanitized, corporate WWE.

It's fine and fair to critique. Some of us just want more wrestling and/or something different than WWE.

In regards to the continuity issues some have with AEW, they do infer and count of the viewer being well versed in ALL their programming (the firm storyline played out on Elevation as did some of the Hobbs storyline). I think they should take a page out of NWA Powerrr and take some time to video package feuds before, during, and after things like Hobbs happens. Same with the Dark Order storyline.
    it's just asinine to pretend like tk is the worst OR best booker we've seen in modern wrestling. at his worst he hasn't touched shit we saw in wcw, tna or even wwe at times. honestly his biggest blunder was punk, not his booking(people ar still jerking their dicks about punk vs mjf feud) but just the decision to put the title on him. all in all tk is good enough to get us to the matches we want to see, and that's why i watch most of all.

agreed about the video packages and also sometimes things need more time to settle in before moving to the next thing on the ppv or tv.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    The Wardlow/Joe/Hobbs thing looks kind of messed up.

Wardlow won the title back from Joe just to lose it in a few days to Hobbs? It wasn't a clean win but why have him lose the title that fast at all?
    if what beastie said is true than it's because the network didn't want hobbs as champ back he was feuding with joe & warlow(an underrated feud imo). i'm guessing they wanted hobbs to win the title off a babyface hence the switch.

In news...Ric Flair is now angry at Dutch Mantell. Flair was lashing out at people over his Last Match and he claimed he made over $300,000 from it.

Mantell went in on him saying he wasn't in good shape and looked awful in Ring. That he at one point passed out in Ring due to this shape.

This didn't please Flair who blasted him on FB.
    70yr olds fighting on facebook, and i bet they both have podcasts LOL.

Dutch blasted him on his podcast. Flair blasted him on his Facebook.

Dutch blasted him on his podcast. Flair blasted him on his Facebook.
    what passes as "news" these days. fuk.

in other news Orville Redenbacher dissed Wilford Brimley on TikTok, Wilford clapped back on Snapchat. both are xpected to address the beef on their podcasts monday.

watched this last weekend, it was a fun show. they did another show the next night too. i'm telling you FITE is worth the $8 for GCW content alone.

i know a lot of people don't care for the deathmatches but i personally enjoy the variety a well done deathmatch or 2 add to a card.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 03-11-2023 at 02:49 AM.

Weekend Updates for once!

- Valkyrie is ending her Impact run and has been contacted by both AEW & WWE. According to DA MELTZ we will find out soon which way.

- AEW told Vicki to stay home until a new contract is agreed upon.

- Either the TNT Belt being stolen is a work or AEW is planning to use it as an angle for QTV. Either way, an angle is planned for TV.

- Game Changer Wrestling is opposing the AEW: Fight Forever trademark ... Game is delayed yet again. GCW ran an event in 2021 that bore the Fight Forever name, which was before AEW secured their game trademark.

- DA MELTZ is reporting the Elite are currently negotiating new contracts however ... TK will not budge on removing them from "power" so-to-speak. It's at the point he will take Omega solo over the Bucks if need be.

- There's a growing push to have a worked power slap segment on MizTV.

- Japan mags are saying Finlay is expected to lead the BC by the end of the year or split the faction in two.

- Moné's next two matches are set for April 8 and 23.

Weekend Updates for once!

- Valkyrie is ending her Impact run and has been contacted by both AEW & WWE. According to DA MELTZ we will find out soon which way.
    where's johnny holmes these days??

- AEW told Vicki to stay home until a new contract is agreed upon.

- Either the TNT Belt being stolen is a work or AEW is planning to use it as an angle for QTV. Either way, an angle is planned for TV.

- Game Changer Wrestling is opposing the AEW: Fight Forever trademark ... Game is delayed yet again. GCW ran an event in 2021 that bore the Fight Forever name, which was before AEW secured their game trademark.
    god damn it

- DA MELTZ is reporting the Elite are currently negotiating new contracts however ... TK will not budge on removing them from "power" so-to-speak. It's at the point he will take Omega solo over the Bucks if need be.

- There's a growing push to have a worked power slap segment on MizTV.

- Japan mags are saying Finlay is expected to lead the BC by the end of the year or split the faction in two.

- Moné's next two matches are set for April 8 and 23.
    fuk, can't they just kill that shit already??

Japan loves their power stables.

Western smarks think he's just gonna beat the shit out of all BC till the breakup.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 03-11-2023 at 04:05 AM.

Japan loves their power stables.

Western smarks think he's just gonna beat the shit out of all BC till the breakup.
    you follow dragongate at all?? i'm curious what the current stable landscape is. man i haven't watched DG or any japanese indies in so long. i go to ajpw & noah mostly for my puro fix these days.