Page 590 of 902 FirstFirst ... 90490540580586587588589590591592593594600640690 ... LastLast
Results 8,836 to 8,850 of 13529
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Stacy wasn't really a wrestler , she was more the beautiful valet who was a beauty in ring. Her role as Miss Hancock was one of WCW's best things in its dying days. Plus her story on how she got into the business was pretty wild. She attended shows with her boyfriend and there is a pic of her in the crowd of a Nitro then.

Well either her boyfriend then contacted WCW or she was noticed by higher ups and she was signed , debuting within weeks with no real training for TV. She just took to it and fans loved her.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    No one really dislikes her but come on man one of the most over?
    Yes. She and Torrie Wilson were the biggest names among the women in their time. They couldn't run the ropes worth a shit but no one wanted that out of them

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    So if anyone doesn't remember The Dicks tag team (I barely remembered them) they were basically a parody of the Chippendales in a sense in a very tame way. With 2 guys in near suit combo like the Chippendales to appeal to women. Tank and Chip were the team.

Well on a podcast Tank Boland detailed how bad the WWE locker room was then. Just how it led to the team finally getting fired over a backstage fight.

- Tank recalls how someone (maybe the office or a road agent) asked that the Dicks team learn dancing. It may have been Chip who brought it up. Anyhow he blew off going to this dance night and Chip went there because he didn't want to dance with a man. Where he learned some dance steps from a male dance instructor.

- The story should end there but got out in locker room. Where he (Tank) was called into Wrestlers Court where Undertaker , JBL and others were then. Tank was asked why he didn't push to learn dancing to improve his gimmick and finally Tank was like...ok this sounds bad ..but he was like , it sounded "gay" to him.

The guys all blinked and then was like "Chip is this true ?" And being guys who love razzing people started in on him saying Chip was gay. Even Orlando Jordan then razzed Chip as Tank got some laughs from it. But Chip however didn't realize it was just guys giving other guys sh-t then at times....and started to protest and seemingly break down over this.

Which made the guys dig into him WORSE because they saw how it effected him and they gave him worse sh-t. Which they started to push Chip to hit Tank then to prove himself a MAN. Tank is like...Chip ...don't do this. So Tank is like , if you just laugh it off and all...it will pass.

The guys seem to leave the locker room awhile and we get a moment where Chip is on his knees begging to let Tank , allow him to hit him as its...insane to picture. Somehow the door went locked and a few minutes after Undertaker tries the door and everyone laughs believing Chip locked them outta the locker room and they were like that sob thinking it was a good rib back on em all. Instead Jordan spills the beans as he saw Chip do his begging routine.

Then it would get worse....

-

- Tank recalls that guys began razzing Chip worse over this as at a house show in California , backstage on the call sheet for the night he saw The Dicks tag team called "A D-ck and a P--y vs Mexicools" . In ring during match as Rick Steamboat worked their match as the road agent , every time Chip got in ring over the PA system ...a baby crying would hit. Steamboat broke down laughing over the entire thing. Tank was stunned the boys were able to do it really.

This led into a crazy fight deal where in Mexico the boys all were at a bar drinking. Tank had a beer in hand and wasn't really getting along with Chip. But he was surprised at what happened next . While drinking a beer ....Chip sucker punched him , knocking him off the bar stool. So he got up and was like..."Damn it Chip , you know I gotta hit you now..." and smacked Chip across the face quick. Telling him to stop.

The boys took Tank's side because they saw it as a sucker punch and JBL or Undertaker handed him a new beer. They razzed Chip over it and he saw Chip act to throw his hand back as he turned and Chip was acting like it was nothing. Then he warned Chip again not to do this ...and Chip hit him again. It was on then as Tank just flew in on him.

Breaking his nose , busting his lip and the boys had to pull Tank off Chip as his face was bloody and Undertaker i believe ordered someone to get Chip back to his room quick. Tank then realized his knuckle was cut open to bone as the doctor was there with them. He looked and told him he tore a tendon in his finger as Chip's teeth had cut his knuckle. The guys watched the WWE doctor literally there work on his finger and knuckle.

After it the boys all handed Tank money as they felt he deserved it. Because they had taken bets on when the 2 would fight and all didn't like Chip. (This would lead to the Dicks being fired)
    Wrestling is in dire need of functional adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Yes. She and Torrie Wilson were the biggest names among the women in their time. They couldn't run the ropes worth a shit but no one wanted that out of them
    Women in wrestling was a lot different then. As I posted above the women were more valets then to look beautiful. Trish Stratus took at least 2 years working with Finley to really become the women's wrestler we saw she became. Then she was more beautiful blonde bombshell and then became the accomplished female wrestler .

Plus then the WWE looked for that in women. Johnny Ace as Jim Cornette joked would sign women from fashion magazines he saw of them in bra and panties and send them to OVW. He once signed 2 women he saw like that and instructed Cornette and OVW guys to teach them. Both women got sick running ropes (dizzy etc) and NEVER wrestled a day after it , quitting then.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Women in wrestling was a lot different then. As I posted above the women were more valets then to look beautiful. Trish Stratus took at least 2 years working with Finley to really become the women's wrestler we saw she became. Then she was more beautiful blonde bombshell and then became the accomplished female wrestler .

Plus then the WWE looked for that in women. Johnny Ace as Jim Cornette joked would sign women from fashion magazines he saw of them in bra and panties and send them to OVW. He once signed 2 women he saw like that and instructed Cornette and OVW guys to teach them. Both women got sick running ropes (dizzy etc) and NEVER wrestled a day after it , quitting then.
    I know Johnny Ace hired Kelly Kelly and Alicia Fox after seeing them on a lingerie catalog. It was crazy just how young Kelly was when they signed her. She was 18 years old when she debuted on the ECW brand.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Wrestling is in dire need of functional adults.
    The WWE locker room was a terrible place then as London , Dupree , Miz and Tank here pointed out. A fact I believe Cornette would warn guys going up to beware of Bradshaw and his hazing practices and using Wrestlers Court to do this.

London came back in early 2010's and was amazed at how it changed. That no one was doing these things anymore and it was a drastically different world. I have to think once Bradshaw , Holly and those guys were gone , the adults came into that locker room and cleaned house on things. Sure...have wrestlers court if a guy gets a traffic ticket in your rental car you rented and they don't pay. But don't go complete insane hazing as we have heard.

Its interesting hearing from veterans about how much they don't like the current locker room culture. Chris Jericho was spoken about how disappointed he is with most modern guys don't live it up like rock stars. The undertaker's infamous comments on his appearance on Joe Rogan. Having lived through that bullshit why romanticize it?
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 03-15-2023 at 03:36 PM.

Its interesting hearing from veterans about how much they don't like the current locker room culture. Chris Jericho was spoken about how disappointed he is how most modern guys don't live it up like rock stars. The undertaker's infamous comments on his appearance on Joe Rogan. Having lived through that bullshit why romanticize it?
    The older school veterans lived in an era of Ric Flair , Roddy Piper and the whole having a good time etc. The whole Jericho mind set. They feel it was some cool deal and how nowadays guys more or less want to be like Mick Foley who has a great family at home and wanted to work and be happy with what he had. Flair and others were never happy inside and I think its why Ric tries to stay like he has. Because he never was happy with the family life and being comfortable so they had to party etc.

In terms of bully culture Undertaker himself was the head of Wrestlers court. I don't think even he realizes now how guys wanted his favor behind the scenes like London and others put it. As one of them claimed guys like Bubba Ray , Bradshaw and others wanted to be best friends with Undertaker because he had that power dynamic and even if he didn't realize it or care ....young guys were being bullied and hazed by those there. And Undertaker may have grew up in a harsher era of that , it doesn't mean it should continue.

I think its one of the disappointing aspects of Undertaker perhaps. He saw this behavior and he could have used his position to put it down quick. Because he had that power there. And it continued for years then.

CM Punk himself joked how people ran to Undertaker to rat him out over the Tony Atlas deal within days. Which Undertaker found funny and laughed it off and didn't punish him for it. (A fact Punk was like ...it wasn't my fault Atlas did that , even though guys in company wanted it to be my fault)

Re-Bar Mitzah is in the books...

In entirely unsurprising news, Kenny Omega was nowhere to be found.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Re-Bar Mitzah is in the books...

In entirely unsurprising news, Kenny Omega was nowhere to be found.
    In unsurprising news...Tony misses his shot. Again....booking wise.

Booking wise is doing a four way with the pillars. This would be an excellent idea if 2 of the pillars had anything going for them. Darby has stagnated and Sammy has regressed.

Did anyone laugh how Jungle Boy buried every AEW show that wasn't Dynamite?

Incorrect.

Setting aside that I lean towards Strickland being the best person on a microphone in the entire company, this was the best things have been in a while.

Now, Jade's Canadian opponent?

(Well, actual....)

That was a close second.

Booking wise is doing a four way with the pillars. This would be an excellent idea if 2 of the pillars had anything going for them. Darby has stagnated and Sammy has regressed.

Did anyone laugh how Jungle Boy buried every AEW show that wasn't Dynamite?

Yep....its basically MJF vs 3 mid-carders who haven't done much except for Darby who had a recent TNT run. This is just sh-t booking and Tony was handed a literal chance to do something to tease fans on a big match ahead to draw interest (Omega) with a home grown guy. Instead he went into this.

I have to wonder if he plans to put this on a PPV in May (when the next one is I believe) or will he do a Ricky Starks and run the match in April at a big show ? Either way....just....wow.

At this stage Darby Alin is really the most credible guy but he's not done much after losing to Samoa Joe back in January I believe. So yeah.....just awful.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Incorrect.

Setting aside that I lean towards Strickland being the best person on a microphone in the entire company, this was the best things have been in a while.

Now, Jade's Canadian opponent?

(Well, actual....)

That was a close second.
    Nah its sh-t booking man. As Immortal brought up its hard to really be interested in how 3 of the guys have been booked for a long while. Jungle Boy is awful on the mic and needs a manager. Sammy's promo I haven't seen but he's done nothing for months on TV worth note in a long time. Darby at least cuts a good emotional promo and was booked decent for a month or 2 before he did little.

In all its MJF vs 3 mid-carders.