Page 603 of 902 FirstFirst ... 103503553593599600601602603604605606607613653703 ... LastLast
Results 9,031 to 9,045 of 13529
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    That was a terrible spot.

There’s nothing with taking risks but certain risks seem a little much.

This was one of them.

EDIT: I hope it’s “only”;his foot that’s broken because his ankle took some impact there.

ANOTHER EDIT: Dante’s foot was facing the wrong direction when he landed…., it’s a very gruesome injury.
    They are saying it's as bad as Sid Vicious. Which ...basically put him on the shelf for 2 years. It also had doctors tell him he may never run again. (Vicious would as he claims be able to run again after lots of work)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Sorry Lbo there is freak injury that you aren't aware of and stupid spot that both men shouldn't have done.

I hope Martin is OK but I do hope this has some young guys there learn a lesson. Some high risk.spots shouldn't be done. Just because they look cool as f--k doesn't mean it's gonna work.
    you could say that about just about every spot when somebody gets injured.

what makes it a freak injury is penta has done similar spots many times before without incident and your leg isn't what you typically worry about hurting in a spot like that.

the spot isn't any dumber than what you'd see in an average sabu match.

They are saying it's as bad as Sid Vicious. Which ...basically put him on the shelf for 2 years. It also had doctors tell him he may never run again. (Vicious would as he claims be able to run again after lots of work)
    who are "they" the people on your facebook/twitter vince russo support groups??

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I feel bad for top flight as both guys have been plagued with injuries. Depending on how serious the injury is Dante may be forced to change his style.

Ultimate Member

It’s a really bad one.

It will likely put him out of action for a really long time or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post

who are "they" the people on your facebook/twitter vince russo support groups??
    They being YouTube comments , FB group posts about issue and some I'm sure have mentioned it on Twitter. The foot snapping that way made a lot of people think of Sid Vicious injury where his foot snapped the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I feel bad for top flight as both guys have been plagued with injuries. Depending on how serious the injury is Dante may be forced to change his style.
    I hope he can for sure. But will he ?

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    It’s a really bad one.

It will likely put him out of action for a really long time or worse.

Someone in a YouTube video questioned if this is career ending. I don't know. I just know that the spot itself looked stupid to attempt and was one your thinking....why ?

A couple years ago Jim Cornette who many love here (lol) detailed where Sammy was against Pac in a match. And for no real reason Sammy went for a move to take out Pac. There was no real storyline for it. The move just looked cool and was a big high spot to do and the 2 weren't even in a hot feud. It was just done for sake of spot.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Apparently Rick Steiner got booted from wrestle con after being transphobic to Gisele Shaw.

Shit Dante got fucked up.

Guy puked in the front row. Worst injury I've seen live. Dante needs people to tell him no to some of his ideas. The gatekeepers need to be the adults in the room, not one of the boys. Ugh ...

He was primed for a singles push, too. I guess the lesser brother Darius is getting the push now.

Sounds like he's getting a rod and 1-2 years of rehab in order to walk.

That's one for the Sid Viscous pile.

Get well soon Dante.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

If this is as bad as Sid's injury the high flying style is over with. He will be lucky to run much less land on his feet when he needs to.
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 04-01-2023 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

Guy puked in the front row. Worst injury I've seen live. Dante needs people to tell him no to some of his ideas. The gatekeepers need to be the adults in the room, not one of the boys. Ugh ...

He was primed for a singles push, too. I guess the lesser brother Darius is getting the push now.

Get well soon Dante.
    Mick Foley a few years ago detailed how he would be hard to reign in on ideas. But Terry Funk being the wise veteran would speak up if something...was too much to do. So he comically was in the same boat years later against Abyss in TNA. Where Abyss wanted to do this big bump which Mick realized was too much to attempt and he stepped up and advised him like Funk did.

Foley joked how he was now the old guy advising a young guy on something that they shouldn't do.

If there are any swerves in any of the Mania matches, what is the best chance? Reigns retains, Charlotte retains? Cena actually wins the US Title?

Saturday Mania predictions:

Theory
    Viking Raiders - only if this match is setting up KO / Sami's first challengers.
    Rey
    Rollins
    Damage Ctrl - Trish heel turn
    Rhea
    KO / Sami

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    If there are any swerves in any of the Mania matches, what is the best chance? Reigns retains, Charlotte retains? Cena actually wins the US Title?
    The only swerve I see is Dominic actually beating his dad. I imagine if Dom wins the feud ends

They being YouTube comments , FB group posts about issue and some I'm sure have mentioned it on Twitter. The foot snapping that way made a lot of people think of Sid Vicious injury where his foot snapped the same way.

Someone in a YouTube video questioned if this is career ending. I don't know. I just know that the spot itself looked stupid to attempt and was one your thinking....why ?

A couple years ago Jim Cornette who many love here (lol) detailed where Sammy was against Pac in a match. And for no real reason Sammy went for a move to take out Pac. There was no real storyline for it. The move just looked cool and was a big high spot to do and the 2 weren't even in a hot feud. It was just done for sake of spot.
    oh, ok then totally legit.

Get well soon Dante.
    about 12yrs ago i fell off a skateboard and my foot turned so far to the outside it caused a spiral fracture of the tibia & fibula right above my ankle, which made my foot dangle from my leg like a limp noodle(think anderson silva). i had a titanium rod inserted into my tibia and 2 bolts. i was walking with a boot in about 3 months(about 3 weeks was just waiting for the surgery) and w/o the boot in about 6months and this was with very shitty california healthcare. i'd imagine he's going to get much better treatment. i wouldn't be surprised if he's walking by the end of the year.

Ultimate Member

Get well soon Dante.
    It was really bad.

I didn’t notice it until I watched it over and I was horrified.

The spot was stupid and someone should have pointed that out to them.

I hope he gets well soon.

Well we have to remember Billy Gunn (way before CM Punk) detailed how the young guys wouldn't have long careers if they did these wild spots EVERY show. Gunn I believe advised them to save the big sh-t for really big moments.

Then it came out Punk wanted the young guys to tone it down on the high spots. The young talent got mad at his advice there not realizing it was actually good veteran advice for long term careers.

Dante Martin may not come back and his road back won't be easy with this. In his early-mid 20s he's suffered a possible career ending injury compared to a man who is in his mid 40s and worked a lot more matches etc in CM Punk.

A big factor is...will young guys listen to older veterans about this? They haven't before.