Page 609 of 902 FirstFirst ... 109509559599605606607608609610611612613619659709 ... LastLast
Results 9,121 to 9,135 of 13529

Breaker is gonna bomb harder then Cross on the main roster though.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I'm puzzled here really...the company really had the big night and logical kick point to make that change happen. This is the biggest storyline night to do a new era. And its not like Cody didn't deserve it or anything. I'm not a huge Cody Rhodes fan as he attempts to try and sound epic as a promo guy but he logically was the GUY left here to make the title switch after Roman's beaten everyone.
    Username said it- Cody was hurt by is injury.

In a perfect world, he would have beaten Seth at HitC, then gone on to face other big names over the course of a year. Really build him up in the audience's mind as a main event player He maybe wouldn't have even started mentioning Roman until it got closer to the Rumble. Then he would win the Rumble and gone on to face Roman, and the program would have had the build up it needed.

Instead, he got injured (freak accident, not entirely his fault). He's then gone for most of the year. Then when he comes back, he's #30 in the Rumble, and him winning it seems like a given. At this point, it felt like he was being handed everything, and nothing was earned.

So, I guess the best thing that could happen here was that he lost. And maybe now Roman denies him a rematch, and he has to jump through hoops to face him again. And now they can do it properly, and possibly drag this out until Summerslam (because when Cody wins, he should win at one of the big events.

(Actually, what I'd like to see before that happens is Cody and 3 others verses the Bloodline in War Games, and maybe have the match be so brutal that it puts the rest of the bloodline 'on the shelf' so that Cody is guaranteed a 1-on-1 with Roman.)

In other news, according to Hunter, Shane tore his quad. Proving once again he is his father's son.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Just had a thought....what if its Breaker who as the young new star who defeats Roman ? I mean...he's in his early 30's and clearly someone the company is huge on. So...maybe HE'S THE GUY.
    Nah Cody is next in line. Thinking Roman is going to go on break undefeated. Cody will probably win in some 3 way contender match for the vacated title. Unless he beats Roman in a rematch on RAW. That would be some shit.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Not sure how I feel about the ending.

On one hand, I'm sick of Roman as champ. He's now beaten everyone. Where do you go from there?

On the other hand, had Cody won, it would have felt like a coronation. It wouldn't have felt truly earned.

On the upside, I'm guessing Cody continues the chase to Backlash, and maybe wins the title in a cage match (it's too soon to do a Hell in the Cell again).
    Has he beaten Jey now that the Bloodline is not exactly as solid as it once was?

Extraordinary Member

Roman winning was the wrong choice, and really soured Mania. Which is a shame, after Night1 was so good

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by jcogginsa View Post
    roman winning was the wrong choice, and really soured mania. Which is a shame, after night1 was so good
    acknowledge him!!!!

Cody's probably winning Money in the Bank like (what was most likely) the original plan before he got injured.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    That and if the company is sold then a new champ would be expected to me.
    The opposite, actually. They'll want to stick with what they have during the transition period unless what they have isn't working (which it is in this case).
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Well the deal was announced today. Vince McMahon is now Dana White's boss. Who would have imagined that happening ?

https://bleedingcool.com/tv/wwe-ende...VPRI-yCpIJEg1Q
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

It will be interesting some day if Shane and Steph ever reveal what they really think of the disposition of their father and grandfather's company.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 04-03-2023 at 11:00 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    It will be interesting some day if Shane and Steph ever real what they really think of the disposition of their father and grandfather's company.
    From whats reported or rumored Stephanie is not happy with Vince and unless its a rumor , she's not speaking with him. It was a rumor I read that she felt betrayed by this and wanted to run the company or show she could.

Again its a rumor...its not concrete really. Shane likely doesn't care. He literally hasn't seemed to want to run the WWE as he left in 2000s and just is an onscreen character at times.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    What's funny about someone getting injured???
    It was the timing of it. His knee gave out just when Cole shouted he still got it.

So Finn Balor had a numbing agent injected into his wound and stapled shut during the match. Finn is one tough son of bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    So Finn Balor had a numbing agent injected into his wound and stapled shut during the match. Finn is one tough son of bitch
    It seemed like it was taking longer to get him cleaned up than normal, especially considering the face paint would have covered up most of the blood if it was the normal "we don't want to show blood on TV" thing. Glad to hear he's ok. That ladder hit him square in the face.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1
    Just had a thought....what if its Breaker who as the young new star who defeats Roman ? I mean...he's in his early 30's and clearly someone the company is huge on. So...maybe HE'S THE GUY.
    Been saying I wouldn't be surprised if it was somebody like Breakker.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05
    It will be interesting some day if Shane and Steph ever real what they really think of the disposition of their father and grandfather's company.
    Reportedly a few yrs back Shane advised Vince to buy UFC.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Warp View Post
    Been saying I wouldn't be surprised if it was somebody like Breakker.

Reportedly a few yrs back Shane advised Vince to buy UFC.
    It was around the early 2000s when Shane urged Vince to buy UFC and Pride as he saw the MMA boom looming. Vince passed on both believing it would not catch on.