Page 615 of 902 FirstFirst ... 115515565605611612613614615616617618619625665715 ... LastLast
Results 9,211 to 9,225 of 13529
    Astonishing Member

No offense to anyone on Earth, but I'm not into doing wrestling speculation and fantasty booking because 78 percent of that stuff never happens at all irl.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Dax Harwood on his podcast has said he wants FTR/Punk vs Elite at Wembley Stadium. That he feels it could do 50,000 tickets. It's his dream match he'd like to do.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

According to a story online (no idea how true it is) the WWE is undergoing a hiring freeze right now with Endeavor merger. That they aren't hiring anyone right now and HHH has wanted to sign Nick Aldis but hasn't been able to do it. Also this maybe a reason Brian Cage hasn't been discussed coming in right now due to the hiring freeze.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Goto deserves one. So does Ishii, but I get why they don't with him.
    Ishii is a utility guy. He's not someone to put a world title on.

Dutch Mantell let loose on his feelings over Dante Martin's injury... "He's an idiot..."

- Dutch asks if Martin or anyone really questioned this bump. That it could have broken his back and a very worst case killed him. But it wasn't worth it. Because the WWE concentrates on telling the story 1st and not this.

- He has heard AEW talent have more control over matches than the actual AEW Road agents do. That they tell the road agents what they will do.

- They bring up that Tony Khan has to stop trying to be friends with the talent. That the "inmates" can't run the asylum. Its a case here.

In all ...thats another one for ...that was an idiot spot to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Ishii is a utility guy. He's not someone to put a world title on.
    Neither is EVIL but we see where that went.

Like I said, I get it. And I don't disagree with you. But I'd still pop hard if it happened. At the least I wish he'd have a good solid run with their midcard belt.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Ishii and SANADA deserve the belt over EVIL.

Hell, even Goto and Yano.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 04-10-2023 at 07:56 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

Gedo has his patterns that only in recent times he broke.

Listening to Cornette discuss the stupid Dante Martin spot...he brings up a classic old story.

- It was in Ring of Honor and Kevin Steen was going to face Mark or Jay Briscoe at a IPPV ahead. Jim feels it was Mark Briscoe. Anyhow they were doing a show In the Midwest (I think Milwaukee) and the big IPPV at Hammerstein was ahead.

Anyhow Steen and Mark Briscoe come to him saying they wanna dive off the balcony there put someone through a table.

- Jim is asking why ? Why is this needed right here in front of a smaller crowd who aren't really being promised it.

- Steen counters how Ring of Honor made its reputation doing spots like these etc.

- Jim counters the spots may have been cool but ROH needs to make money and he needs the guys healthy for the big promoted IPPV match coming up.

- Cornette relents finally and they go up there. He made one of them stand on the balcony to check if it could be done.

- As Jim claimed...the guys would try and do these wild spots every night if you didn't stop then and they could hurt themselves.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Super, I'm seeing speculation that the talks TK had with CM Punk was to bring him back for Wembley and Meltzer opening his mouth potentially tornado'd the deal. If that's the case, I can see why Meltzer apologized. He potentially screwed the bag on his pet promotion drawing their biggest gate.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Super, I'm seeing speculation that the talks TK had with CM Punk was to bring him back for Wembley and Meltzer opening his mouth potentially tornado'd the deal. If that's the case, I can see why Meltzer apologized. He potentially screwed the bag on his pet promotion drawing their biggest gate.
    I'm reading that some of the AEW guys even wanted Punk back most likely for the bag.

Meltzer is acting like he's lost his mind to be honest. He's always been "controversial" but some of the stuff he's put out recently has been flat-out crazy.

This is why Tony Khan needs to hold that meeting with talents and go over a few issues.

- He needs to set it straight...he is the boss. I'd a talent wants out or released they need to tell him there. If he chooses to bring Andrade or Punk back...it's his rules. This is Tony Khans company.

- AEW talent will listen to coaches/road agents. If a spot is too f'n dangerous they feel...you will listen to them.

- The going to Dave Meltzer is over. The 1st time he catches a report and evidence comes back it was Said talent....your suspended 60 days. You do it again...it's 120 days. A 3rd strike is being fired.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    This is why Tony Khan needs to hold that meeting with talents and go over a few issues.

- He needs to set it straight...he is the boss. I'd a talent wants out or released they need to tell him there. If he chooses to bring Andrade or Punk back...it's his rules. This is Tony Khans company.

- AEW talent will listen to coaches/road agents. If a spot is too f'n dangerous they feel...you will listen to them.

- The going to Dave Meltzer is over. The 1st time he catches a report and evidence comes back it was Said talent....your suspended 60 days. You do it again...it's 120 days. A 3rd strike is being fired.
    Here's the obvious issue...

One the one hand?

You are saying it is his company.

On the other hand, do you honestly believe that the guy booking the thing is not perfectly fine with those potentially dangerous spots?

AEW has already addressed this with their new contacts.

Skye Blue, Taya, Billie Starkz, and a few others have "performance NDAs" and it was reported back in OCT22 that Bucks/Omega were shakey on renewal due to this.

That should tell you who the leaks are.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Dutch Mantell let loose on his feelings over Dante Martin's injury... "He's an idiot..."

- Dutch asks if Martin or anyone really questioned this bump. That it could have broken his back and a very worst case killed him. But it wasn't worth it. Because the WWE concentrates on telling the story 1st and not this.

- He has heard AEW talent have more control over matches than the actual AEW Road agents do. That they tell the road agents what they will do.

- They bring up that Tony Khan has to stop trying to be friends with the talent. That the "inmates" can't run the asylum. Its a case here.

In all ...thats another one for ...that was an idiot spot to do.
    idiots

Listening to Cornette discuss the stupid Dante Martin spot...he brings up a classic old story.

- It was in Ring of Honor and Kevin Steen was going to face Mark or Jay Briscoe at a IPPV ahead. Jim feels it was Mark Briscoe. Anyhow they were doing a show In the Midwest (I think Milwaukee) and the big IPPV at Hammerstein was ahead.

Anyhow Steen and Mark Briscoe come to him saying they wanna dive off the balcony there put someone through a table.

- Jim is asking why ? Why is this needed right here in front of a smaller crowd who aren't really being promised it.

- Steen counters how Ring of Honor made its reputation doing spots like these etc.

- Jim counters the spots may have been cool but ROH needs to make money and he needs the guys healthy for the big promoted IPPV match coming up.

- Cornette relents finally and they go up there. He made one of them stand on the balcony to check if it could be done.

- As Jim claimed...the guys would try and do these wild spots every night if you didn't stop then and they could hurt themselves.
    so glad owens said fuk corny and did things his own way and main evented mania nights twice

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I'm reading that some of the AEW guys even wanted Punk back most likely for the bag.

Meltzer is acting like he's lost his mind to be honest. He's always been "controversial" but some of the stuff he's put out recently has been flat-out crazy.
    i read that aew guys get paid the same regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Here's the obvious issue...

One the one hand?

You are saying it is his company.

On the other hand, do you honestly believe that the guy booking the thing is not perfectly fine with those potentially dangerous spots?
    he also says nobody respects tk as the boss but otoh guys are scared to speak up for punk for fear of consequences from tk.