Page 617 of 902 FirstFirst ... 117517567607613614615616617618619620621627667717 ... LastLast
Results 9,241 to 9,255 of 13529
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

It's been said AEWs video game still isn't ready yet. This has been. Shared online...FB_IMG_1681373507120.jpg
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Glad to see Jeff Hardy could get a designated driver to show up to the arena.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i still don't think that's quite how it works, as beastie said "Signing bonuses, contract incentives, and merch take is 100% toward the given wrestler. So that is the only variable other than length."
    that's why also why it makes no sense when people bring up punk being the top merch mover was a huge loss for the company.
    He also said "TV rites, VG rites, BO take, and PPV take are evenly spread." So the higher the BO and PPV take, the more there is to spread.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I do laugh that the veterans like Dutch, Cornette and Punk have combated injuries the past few years due to age and wear. But according to LBO they are carry jackoffs because the young guys need to kill themselves in some dumb spots to "go viral" and get booked. Because they don't understand.
    no dutch and corny are carny jackoffs because they comment on guys like dante & aew to get clicks. punk is just a dumb ass because he hurt himself stage diving to feed his fragile ego

No they understand psychology and telling stories. You can point at Punk jumping into a crowd or Shane's leap frog as much as you want here. But Punk is a guy who drew huge money for years and he wasn't trying to deliver insane spots every night. Because as Verne Gagne once said as he was training guys..."You get hurt , you don't make money."
    you didn't see punk in the indies did you?? before he was drawing huge money he had to get signed and he did his fair share of risky spots in front of small crowds for little pay in order to get there.

if you don't get booked in the 1st place you don't make money.

But Dante Martin went vital for destroying his foot....he just likely could be out a year or 2. If not end his career. But hey...he went viral .
    you're confusing talking points here but again dante's thing was a freak injury, he and penta protected his head and neck just as you should in a piledriver spot, what happened to his leg or ankle is just one of those weird things like the candido injury. he's more likely to get that type of injury doing a number of high flying moves than doing that spot.

how long was punk out from his stage diving injury while he was holding the world title??

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post

He also said "TV rites, VG rites, BO take, and PPV take are evenly spread." So the higher the BO and PPV take, the more there is to spread.

Its a lot like when Hogan was on top. While he did crush a union deal that Ventura was trying to do , people have said if Hogan was on the card or show , they wanted to be on it. Because it meant more money from ticket sales etc for those down the card at times. We already saw that Punk's numbers for PPVs and tickets were high. So of course guys made some extra under him.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post

you think the wrestlers are getting a cut of the tv rites?? i could be wrong but look at the order the statements.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    no dutch and corny are carny jackoffs because they comment on guys like dante & aew to get clicks. punk is just a dumb ass because he hurt himself stage diving to feed his fragile ego
    A freak accident where he'd be caught by crowd playfully. Yep ...that ego !

you didn't see punk in the indies did you?? before he was drawing huge money he had to get signed and he did his fair share of risky spots in front of small crowds for little pay in order to get there

I saw some of Punk's indie work but it wasn't him legit trying to perform countless big spots repeatedly to get noticed. What got him noticed was his ROH work more or less. Doing insane high spots ...repeatedly , hoping it goes viral to get noticed isn't going to work at times. Because your body isn't gonna be able to keep going.

if you don't get booked in the 1st place you don't make money.
    So basically just do insane high spots to get booked ...repeatedly ? Because there are guys out there using psychology to put matches and tell a story. People are pointing to the IC title match at Wrestlemania where all 3 men told a solid story. You can do this...you can be a legit solid worker and get over and not need to try and hurt yourself to get noticed.

you're confusing talking points here but again dante's thing was a freak injury, he and penta protected his head and neck just as you should in a piledriver spot, what happened to his leg or ankle is just one of those weird things like the candido injury. he's more likely to get that type of injury doing a number of high flying moves than doing that spot.
    Guy legit tried a Canadian Destroyer on a shaky stacked table. You have a number of veterans saying this was dumb to do. I get you love high spots but common sense would tell you....look at that spot , the entire planned move and think....is this a freak injury ? Is it really a freak injury like your ripping Punk for the crowd deal or Shane McMahon's leap frog ?

how long was punk out from his stage diving injury while he was holding the world title??
    He actually did more damage to his foot working on it that match he did. Punk thought he had twerked his ankle and didn't realize he had hurt his foot that bad. He was out 2-3 months from May to August as we saw.

Dante Martin could have a career ending injury....we won't know for now. But again your idea of "freak" injuries and those done on terrible spots is a lot different than what veterans outside AEW are saying.

A freak accident where he'd be caught by crowd playfully. Yep ...that ego !
    holy shit, i didn't think you'd actually admit to that. credit where it's due super.

I saw some of Punk's indie work but it wasn't him legit trying to perform countless big spots repeatedly to get noticed. What got him noticed was his ROH work more or less. Doing insane high spots ...repeatedly , hoping it goes viral to get noticed isn't going to work at times. Because your body isn't gonna be able to keep going.
    you're getting tunnel vision on the "viral" part and not paying attention to anything else. punk did a lot of big spots in his matches, honestly if he was capable of doing the insane stuff he probably would have.

So basically just do insane high spots to get booked ...repeatedly ? Because there are guys out there using psychology to put matches and tell a story.
    many are the same guys. it's like sound bites. the psychology can't get shown too much in the highlight reel of an event. for instance

if you're on that show you want to get on that hype video

People are pointing to the IC title match at Wrestlemania where all 3 men told a solid story. You can do this...you can be a legit solid worker and get over and not need to try and hurt yourself to get noticed.
    best match of the weekend to me, but keep it real that match was 3 guy beating the shit out of each other. bret hart doesn't like that either and it can cause injuries too.

Guy legit tried a Canadian Destroyer on a shaky stacked table. You have a number of veterans saying this was dumb to do. I get you love high spots but common sense would tell you....look at that spot , the entire planned move and think....is this a freak injury ? Is it really a freak injury like your ripping Punk for the crowd deal or Shane McMahon's leap frog ?
    yes. a guy broke his leg on a piledrive spot. if it was his head or neck than i'd blame the spot but they protected themselves from that. you don't xpect a leg/ankle or even a foot injury from a pile driver spot

He actually did more damage to his foot working on it that match he did. Punk thought he had twerked his ankle and didn't realize he had hurt his foot that bad. He was out 2-3 months from May to August as we saw.

Dante Martin could have a career ending injury....we won't know for now. But again your idea of "freak" injuries and those done on terrible spots is a lot different than what veterans outside AEW are saying.
    what an idiot. that was a throw away match. what's even more stupid is he ran back out later off camera to pretend to shoot chase mjf out of the ring. again fragile ego getting the best of him.

And well....even Disco said Dante should have realized this was a dumb spot.

Konnan brings up how hard headed some young guys are. That him and Rey Mysterio would ignore guys to go do what they wanted. But as he says later Rey has had 14 surgeries. He's had a few. Then Disco brings up a great point at the end.... Dante Martin is 24. This is his "prime years" and now he's at home a long time. That you need to maximize your prime years right now.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

It's been said AEWs video game still isn't ready yet. This has been. Shared online...FB_IMG_1681373507120.jpg
    The previous delays had to do with the game trying to secure a T rating. They had to tone down the game enough to get it. Not sure what's the hold up now.

And well....even Disco said Dante should have realized this was a dumb spot.

Konnan brings up how hard headed some young guys are. That him and Rey Mysterio would ignore guys to go do what they wanted. But as he says later Rey has had 14 surgeries. He's had a few. Then Disco brings up a great point at the end.... Dante Martin is 24. This is his "prime years" and now he's at home a long time. That you need to maximize your prime years right now.
    Wtf is disco talking about? Most wrestlers hit their prime in their mid 30s.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Personally, do all the High Risk spots you want, but please wrestle some...Watching some of the Trios matches in AEW is like watching a spotfest, everyone taking turns for high risk spots. Sure some are HOLY SH## ones but most are just hohum. I understand that some talent can't get by on talent alone so they need to do something that singles them out and just like in the NBA, it's the hugh dunk that gets the highlight instead of the ho-hum free throw that actually won the game...Just not a fan of High risk for the sake of high risk...
    No one is against high spots ...I'm not. I think like you in an aspect , if you do a high spot...make it a special part of the match. Everyone remembers Shane McMahon's high spots 20+ years ago from his table elbow bump , to Angle throwing him through a wall with a slam to falling off the Tron. Because he told a story and got to those moments over a few years span each time. No one remembers much of Dante Martin spots because...he does them every match , he throws them out before this so quick.

Bret Hart himself said he's tired of these sequences where everyone goes to catch the guy doing a dive outside the ring comically. He said this the very day Martin destroyed his foot in a stupid ill timed spot.

Wrestlers get injured every day for bumps and more. Many have surgeries and it happens. Rob Van Dam back in ECW once broke his ankle on a simple baseball slide. Injuries are a fact of life and can't be avoided. But there is simple HHH tearing his quad while running or Shane tearing his on a leap frog than a guy trying to do a Canadian destroyer off a shaky stacked table to make it look COOL. Anyone can see the difference of an injury hitting like that and one where its so high risk it can happen.
    I appreciate a good high-risk spot as much as anyone when it's done especially well. But they shouldn't happen too often, for two reasons.

Reason One: Doing spots too often cheapens spots. The reason fans legitimately chant "Holy s**t!" or "This is awesome!", or do their emulation of Joey Styles' 'Oh my God!' line is because they just saw something spectacular and potentially dangerous that they don't see every day, even at wrestling shows. If they happen too often, they become as routine as your standard headlock or body slam, and people will lose interest.

They also have to be earned. There has to be a lot of buildup to the spot. The in-ring storytelling has to lead to a point where doing the spot feels logical and it feels right. Where things escalate to the point where the performer involved just has to use this incredible high-risk maneuver.

Like Roger Rabbit slipping his hand out of the handcuffs only when it's funny, a wrestler doing a high-risk spot should only do that spot at exactly the right time. When the in-ring storytelling and pacing has brought them to that moment. The spot should be the big payoff to several minutes of buildup. Of course the buildup shouldn't be TOO slow: too slow, and the audience will be saying "Get on with it!" rather than saying "This is awesome!". Too fast, and it comes out of nowhere.

Reason Two: Injuries. These moves are called high-risk for a reason. Injuries can result from these moves, especially if they're not done perfectly. One miscalculation could put the wrestler doing it out of action for months, maybe years, and in some sad cases forever. If things go wrong, it's bad for them both physically and financially (the medical expenses, the loss of income while they're out of action rehabilitating, and so on). It's also bad for the organizations they work for (be it WWE, AEW, Impact, ROH, or any of the independents), as they need to fill in the hole left by their absence with others.

So in conclusion: Big spots shouldn't be just for their own sake, but because they're an important part of the in-ring storytelling. And they should be earned, and well-timed. And they shouldn't happen too often, both for the sake of preserving what makes them special, and for the physical and financial well-being of the people involved.

Punk has pitched numberous ideas to TK about returning. He's even open to working with Omega and the bucks though the elite is apprehensive.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    I appreciate a good high-risk spot as much as anyone when it's done especially well. But they shouldn't happen too often, for two reasons.

Reason One: Doing spots too often cheapens spots. The reason fans legitimately chant "Holy s**t!" or "This is awesome!", or do their emulation of Joey Styles' 'Oh my God!' line is because they just saw something spectacular and potentially dangerous that they don't see every day, even at wrestling shows. If they happen too often, they become as routine as your standard headlock or body slam, and people will lose interest.

They also have to be earned. There has to be a lot of buildup to the spot. The in-ring storytelling has to lead to a point where doing the spot feels logical and it feels right. Where things escalate to the point where the performer involved just has to use this incredible high-risk maneuver.

Like Roger Rabbit slipping his hand out of the handcuffs only when it's funny, a wrestler doing a high-risk spot should only do that spot at exactly the right time. When the in-ring storytelling and pacing has brought them to that moment. The spot should be the big payoff to several minutes of buildup. Of course the buildup shouldn't be TOO slow: too slow, and the audience will be saying "Get on with it!" rather than saying "This is awesome!". Too fast, and it comes out of nowhere.

Reason Two: Injuries. These moves are called high-risk for a reason. Injuries can result from these moves, especially if they're not done perfectly. One miscalculation could put the wrestler doing it out of action for months, maybe years, and in some sad cases forever. If things go wrong, it's bad for them both physically and financially (the medical expenses, the loss of income while they're out of action rehabilitating, and so on). It's also bad for the organizations they work for (be it WWE, AEW, Impact, ROH, or any of the independents), as they need to fill in the hole left by their absence with others.

So in conclusion: Big spots shouldn't be just for their own sake, but because they're an important part of the in-ring storytelling. And they should be earned, and well-timed. And they shouldn't happen too often, both for the sake of preserving what makes them special, and for the physical and financial well-being of the people involved.
    Agreed.

All of us here like the spots, I don't think anyone is really arguing against that. It's the timing and nature of them that need to be carefully analyzed.

There are calculated risks and then there is recklessness and the two could very easily overlap if the performers aren't careful.

Injuries happen all the time in wrestling as they do in real-life but just like every other situation, one has to err on the side of caution. Particularly the actual wrestlers considering the nature of their work.

The Dante Martin injury has blown out of proportion. The guy did a major spot under the circumstances most wrestling veterans would recommend. He did it on a PPV show in a memorial match. I doubt any of those old guys would be coming out to shit on this guy if he didn't get hurt doing it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post

Punk has pitched numberous ideas to TK about returning. He's even open to working with Omega and the bucks though the elite is apprehensive.
    Wow, he's open to working with the guys he trashed publically then physically assaulted over some vague rumors he thinks they started? How noble of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The previous delays had to do with the game trying to secure a T rating. They had to tone down the game enough to get it. Not sure what's the hold up now.

Wtf is disco talking about? Most wrestlers hit their prime in their mid 30s.
    The current delay is a lawsuit over the Fight Forever name. It's a previously trademarked PPV for GCW IIRC.

And the TV rites money are spread evenly but allocated at a certain percentage. For example, all wrestlers split a 15% share of the money from the TV deals. The exact percentage is unknown at this time but it's enough to make the salary but not enough the Kahn's don't stay filthy rich.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium