Page 618 of 902 FirstFirst ... 118518568608614615616617618619620621622628668718 ... LastLast
Results 9,256 to 9,270 of 13529

Double post!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

TK will have to take a shotgun to Uncle Dave. Dave is saying that Punk is trying to pressure the elite out of the company

https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1646422886519808002

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Has anyone noticed....any time we get stories of Punk getting close to return or ready to work with whatever talent is there....Uncle Dave races out with a wild story ? Its like he really doesn't want Punk in that company.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Has anyone noticed....any time we get stories of Punk getting close to return or ready to work with whatever talent is there....Uncle Dave races out with a wild story ? Its like he really doesn't want Punk in that company.
    It is obvious he wants to sabotage punk. He must have an undying loyalty to the elite and lesser extent Jericho to want to do this. He is destroying what's left of his reputation

Ultimate Member

I said it a couple of days ago that Dave Meltzer has lost his mind.

For whatever reason he doesn't want Punk back in AEW.

Maybe some of his buddies there are feeding him stuff. However, I don't think anyone working in AEW will be dumb enough to say that Punk is trying to push out the Elite.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The Dante Martin injury has blown out of proportion. The guy did a major spot under the circumstances most wrestling veterans would recommend. He did it on a PPV show in a memorial match. I doubt any of those old guys would be coming out to **** on this guy if he didn't get hurt doing it.
    I think a lot of veterans aren't against high spots or anything. Its the safety deal which Martin seemed to ignore for himself. A fact some guys will do this and won't reign themselves in if it looks bad. I detailed how years ago Mick Foley had to protect Abyss from himself because he planned a big high spot that could have hurt himself during a match with him.

If someone was up there with him (older veteran) maybe they tell him....we can't do this spot. Its way too dangerous and one of us could land wrong etc. But both decided on going through with it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

According to Bleeding Cool....CM Punk will return to AEW in June....to possibly launch the rumored Saturday 6pm show on TBS.

https://bleedingcool.com/tv/aew-repo...show-a-factor/

If this holds up Tony finally has his pieces in place to do a mega group storyline. You can have The Elite with Adam Cole and Hangman Page. Then add in Bullet Club Gold with Juice Robinson and Jay White.

On the other side you can have Blackpool Combat Club , FTR , and Punk. You can have a good mega group storyline set for awhile.

If this holds up Tony finally has his pieces in place to do a mega group storyline. You can have The Elite with Adam Cole and Hangman Page. Then add in Bullet Club Gold with Juice Robinson and Jay White.

On the other side you can have Blackpool Combat Club , FTR , and Punk. You can have a good mega group storyline set for awhile.
    Drew will be free to join BCC soon And the stable they wanted for FTR was them, Punk, Hobbs, and Miro. The OG plan was to push FTR, not Punk to the front and he was cool with that.

Anywho ...

Sapp, Bleacher, Fightful, Maffew, Voices, etc. The real wrestling news have stated:

- TK and Punk have worked out an agreement

- Punk has agreed to meet with Jericho to bury the hatchet

- Punk has asked to meet with the Elite. Cole is the only one that has agreed to meet with him. Omega is on the fence. Page and Bucks aren't responding.

- Warner is splitting the show by Q3. The expectation is to split ROH/AEW with people that don't get along split apart.

- Punk doesn't want to go to ROH but apparently him and Jericho are to be the keepers of that show, hence the meeting.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

So watching a Dolph Ziggler interview...and he discusses the Spirit Squad. Which he enjoyed because he learned the business so quick with the group. It was put together for Kenny Dykstra to get over. Kenny would not get pinned either.

But he taught Ziggler some things. Also what helped was that for loops on weekends the group was working Shawn Michaels , HHH and Ric Flair in combinations. That imagine for months working those 3 repeatedly to learn from.

As everyone knows...Dolph became the star after it. Not bad for a guy who said he had only started 6 months earlier...

King & Queen of the Ring has now become Night of Champions

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/16466...VxzJuEVXQ&s=19

Boo this ****

The previous delays had to do with the game trying to secure a T rating. They had to tone down the game enough to get it. Not sure what's the hold up now.

Wtf is disco talking about? Most wrestlers hit their prime in their mid 30s.
    you notice jericho & sting don't look any different in that old folks poster??

you know you're right when disco agrees with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    I appreciate a good high-risk spot as much as anyone when it's done especially well. But they shouldn't happen too often, for two reasons.

Reason One: Doing spots too often cheapens spots. The reason fans legitimately chant "Holy s**t!" or "This is awesome!", or do their emulation of Joey Styles' 'Oh my God!' line is because they just saw something spectacular and potentially dangerous that they don't see every day, even at wrestling shows. If they happen too often, they become as routine as your standard headlock or body slam, and people will lose interest.

They also have to be earned. There has to be a lot of buildup to the spot. The in-ring storytelling has to lead to a point where doing the spot feels logical and it feels right. Where things escalate to the point where the performer involved just has to use this incredible high-risk maneuver.

Like Roger Rabbit slipping his hand out of the handcuffs only when it's funny, a wrestler doing a high-risk spot should only do that spot at exactly the right time. When the in-ring storytelling and pacing has brought them to that moment. The spot should be the big payoff to several minutes of buildup. Of course the buildup shouldn't be TOO slow: too slow, and the audience will be saying "Get on with it!" rather than saying "This is awesome!". Too fast, and it comes out of nowhere.

Reason Two: Injuries. These moves are called high-risk for a reason. Injuries can result from these moves, especially if they're not done perfectly. One miscalculation could put the wrestler doing it out of action for months, maybe years, and in some sad cases forever. If things go wrong, it's bad for them both physically and financially (the medical expenses, the loss of income while they're out of action rehabilitating, and so on). It's also bad for the organizations they work for (be it WWE, AEW, Impact, ROH, or any of the independents), as they need to fill in the hole left by their absence with others.

So in conclusion: Big spots shouldn't be just for their own sake, but because they're an important part of the in-ring storytelling. And they should be earned, and well-timed. And they shouldn't happen too often, both for the sake of preserving what makes them special, and for the physical and financial well-being of the people involved.
    that's very useful philosophy if all of pro wrestling was under one umbrella, but with all these promotions and the wrestlers themselves in competition for eyes and dollars it doesn't mean as much.

The Dante Martin injury has blown out of proportion. The guy did a major spot under the circumstances most wrestling veterans would recommend. He did it on a PPV show in a memorial match. I doubt any of those old guys would be coming out to **** on this guy if he didn't get hurt doing it.
    word. and again the nature of the injury was freakish.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Wow, he's open to working with the guys he trashed publically then physically assaulted over some vague rumors he thinks they started? How noble of him.
    oh yeah, and doesn't seem like a political move at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I said it a couple of days ago that Dave Meltzer has lost his mind.

For whatever reason he doesn't want Punk back in AEW.

Maybe some of his buddies there are feeding him stuff. However, I don't think anyone working in AEW will be dumb enough to say that Punk is trying to push out the Elite.
    why is that dumb?? punk using his boys to put out there he's "willing" to come back and work with the elite paints him as the good guy trying to be the bigger person all for the good of the company and makes the elite look selfish if they don't want to do business with him, and the timing works well with the contracts coming up. punk would never play any kind of politics though.

if tk brings punk back in i can't feel sorry for him when **** goes bad. when somebody shows you who they are, believe them
    Last edited by BigLbo; 04-14-2023 at 02:05 AM.

Focusing on some talented workers who are in AEW .... FTR its said announced they had signed new 4 year contracts with the company. Dax has said the 2 will work this contract out and retire . Cash would be 39 and Dax would be 42 by the time these contracts end.

A report from fightful says that AEW wants to bring Punk back in the Chicago show. Dynamite will be in Chicago June 21st. I understand wanting the hometown pop but that's too far. Bring him back in double or nothing and start building his angle from there.

Fightful is reporting that WWE had 3 or more months of creative, merch, theme, and Tron ready for Jay White.

That's how confident they were he'd sign.

They were shocked when he turned up on AEW television and contacted his team ... Whom said he did not want to work under Vince.