Page 653 of 902 FirstFirst ... 153553603643649650651652653654655656657663703753 ... LastLast
Results 9,781 to 9,795 of 13529
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post

Rush should thank the gods he isn't in that era.
    But he is. Mexico is like that still.

Well he was there in the 70s and 80s. Its not like this hasn't happened before as Inoki once bear the sh-t out of the Great Antonio for his actions in a match. Inoki didn't wait til they got backstage though....he did it right there.
    who cares?? this didn't happen in the 70's, 80's, or even the 90's

The older guys didn't take this. As I mentioned way back Dutch Mantell told as a young guy he didn't realize he was gonna hurt someone with an arm drag and the veteran hauled off and smacked him.

Rush should thank the gods he isn't in that era.
    doesn't matter what era it is, roosh would kick jungle boys ass. not knocking the kid but jungle boy isn't known as a tough guy, he's just a talented wrestler.

as big a fan i am of roosh, going by the info i'm seeing what he did was wrong(see how easy that is super??). idk why you give corny's take instead of your own, it's like you have to check and see what he thinks before you give your own thoughts.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 05-28-2023 at 05:39 AM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    But he is. Mexico is like that still.
    Which i didn't know they still had that mind set there.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    who cares?? this didn't happen in the 70's, 80's, or even the 90's
    I don't know...maybe you cared enough to reply back as usual way. Because again given a historical aspect to things isn't some big offense as you seem irked by it.

as big a fan i am of roosh, going by the info i'm seeing what he did was wrong(see how easy that is super??). idk why you give corny's take instead of your own, it's like you have to check and see what he thinks before you give your own thoughts.
    I also gave Dutch's take too. I always like to detail what older generation of wrestlers/etc detail of an era then. Obviously Jim Cornette stole your lunch money or something since he literally agreed with all our takes on shitty behavior. (see Lbo...see how easy it is to see Jim Cornette agrees on Rush's shitty behavior we all agree on ?)

(And I joked about him acting like Hogan no selling earlier)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Which i didn't know they still had that mind set there.
    Alex the assistant made a tweet a few weeks ago how people in Mexico tried to break into Rush's house because they thought the $100,000 briefcase he got from MJF was real. Kayfabe is still protected there.

Alex the assistant made a tweet a few weeks ago how people in Mexico tried to break into Rush's house because they thought the $100,000 briefcase he got from MJF was real. Kayfabe is still protected there.
    Sounds like Japan lol.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

This reminds me a bit of the classic old Austin Idol story from the early 1980s. Where people then believed it was so real he cashed a check for a battle royal he won.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

So in reading the AEW results the best booked, strong champion in the company is....Orange Cassidy. Guy just retained in a big PPV match and is constantly defending his championship.

Orange Cassidy is to me the guy who should beat Max in 2024.

AEW really did a Hogan at WM9 to get the belt off Jade. I appreciate it kept my queen strong but that was an absolute awful way to end her reign.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    The removal just started on two of Jericho's most historic moments.

A few years ago, things were different.

Not sure why this is such a hard concept for you? WWE does stupid and petty things all the time.

Remember when WWE delayed a game to remove Bryan from it when he left for AEW?

Your points don't make sense.

Vince and Hunter are petty men. Not a tough concept. AEW just got a big streaming/TV deal. Clearly, they don't want to advertise talent.

The whataboutism isn't even addressing any point I made.

Still don't know how to state, Vince and Hunter are petty men, any clearer.

Are you trying to argue THEY aren't petty or were justified in being petty? If so, that's a first for me. I've never seen anybody defend VKM and HHH in that way before.
    What big streaming deal? All Access that nobody watches is now on MAX? That's a big streaming deal? There hasn't been any announcement on a new TV deal at all. In fact when asked about Collison and if it meant AEW has been given a new deal Tony Khan said "The scope of the deal — as it is, the length is the same," Khan said. "This is in addition to what we'd already put together. ... They reached out to us and gave us this great opportunity." https://www.wrestlinginc.com/1296875...fects-tv-deal/ so they're still under their old deal.

I never said Vince and Triple H aren't petty I pointed out that it's stupid to constantly talk shit about your old employer and think they'll never retaliate back. You never answered my question, why is it ok for Jericho to be petty and take countless shots at WWE but when they take shots back they're in the wrong? Raw 30 was this year, not a few years ago so why was he featured in the video package for it? Why was Moxley featured in the video package during Seth Rollins' interviews with Corey Graves on Raw? Does he not also work in AEW?
    Last edited by The True Detective; 05-29-2023 at 03:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    And so ends the BloodLine....Jimmy Uso to impact??? Only time will tell...
    That would be best for him he's never going to be anything more than a tag guy in wwe.

AJ vs Seth—-great start. Legit wondered if Seth was hurt. 4 star match

Becky Lynch vs Trish—-Great women’s match. Little slow but still good. Surprised Trish still had it. 4 star

Gunther vs Mustafa Ali—-Ali held his own but Gunther is a great worker and will be a great champion soon. 3.5

Asoka vs The EST. Good match. Loved the outcome. 3.5

Natalya vs Rhea—-Squash. 0star but Dominic is a highlight.

Cody vs Brock. Better than I thought it would be. Not sure what they are doing with Cody now. 3.5 stars.

Sami/KO vs Solo/Roman—- both teams brought it. Great match and the crowd was way into it. 4.5 stars.

As much as they have shown Sami and Roman it is still the best thing going and man , Roman has become the ultimate Heel and one of the best of all time. Never would have said that 5 years ago.

Great PPV. Advanced all the storylines and I think a heel Bianca is coming.

It's time for Jeff Hardy to hang it up.

AEW really did a Hogan at WM9 to get the belt off Jade. I appreciate it kept my queen strong but that was an absolute awful way to end her reign.
    Jade is my youngest daughter's favorite.

Statlander is my oldest daughter's favorite.

It's been a fun 24 hours in my household!

Also, it's better than a cattle prod. Undefeated streaks are hard to end IMHO.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    What big streaming deal? All Access that nobody watches is now on MAX? That's a big streaming deal? There hasn't been any announcement on a new TV deal at all. In fact when asked about Collison and if it meant AEW has been given a new deal Tony Khan said "The scope of the deal — as it is, the length is the same," Khan said. "This is in addition to what we'd already put together. ... They reached out to us and gave us this great opportunity." https://www.wrestlinginc.com/1296875...fects-tv-deal/ so they're still under their old deal.

I never said Vince and Triple H aren't petty I pointed out that it's stupid to constantly talk shit about your old employer and think they'll never retaliate back. You never answered my question, why is it ok for Jericho to be petty and take countless shots at WWE but when they take shots back they're in the wrong? Raw 30 was this year, not a few years ago so why was he featured in the video package for it? Why was Moxley featured in the video package during Seth Rollins' interviews with Corey Graves on Raw? Does he not also work in AEW?
    At this point, we're taking past each other.

Not sure how to make two sentences clearer?

Anywho, hope you didn't take anything I said personally.

Spectacular Member

Really enjoyed the AEW Double or Nothing pay per view. Quality stuff in all matches. Some nice surprises as well.

I was really pleasantly surprised by the opening elimination match. When it came down to Orange Cassidy and Swerve Strickland...wow, they had some great, tight and flowing wrestling. Really impressive. The live crowd recognized the skills to. Need to see more between these two performers.

The 4 Way match for the title was amazing. Such great profiling and exhibiting of each of the four contestants' talents.

And big congrats to Sammy & Tay for the happy announcement.