Page 656 of 902 FirstFirst ... 156556606646652653654655656657658659660666706756 ... LastLast
Results 9,826 to 9,840 of 13529
    Extraordinary Member

Tony Khan has officially announced CM Punk's return for Colision

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    It would give Khan the GOD lineup of announcers. Jim Ross , Excalibur , Ian Riccaboni , Tony Schiavone , Taz , Joey Styles , Don Callis. I'd say with the money Khan and his father have , try and clone Gordon Solie and go for broke lol.
    I don't want Excalibur anywhere near Collison. He does commentary for every other show.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I really wish AEW would have done a video package of CM Punk return. I can see they wanna juice some extra ticket sales with it. But a video package of a black screen then hitting the music would have sent the crowd into insanity. (They already popped big...but a big trailer to play for 2 weeks would have been fire)

I think Tony Khan has over done the "special announcements" deal a lot with Collision. Here he should have had a video package to promote Punk. Maybe he just wanted to say his name.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I don't want Excalibur anywhere near Collison. He does commentary for every other show.
    I agree I want Styles and Callis. I want those 2 guys calling it. Joey Styles calling CM Punk and Samoa Joe is just NEEDING to be done. Plus Callis can be pure heel. He can be old school heel. (Taz tries it...but Callis has that old school support heels deal)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    I really want a Brian Danielson vs Zack Saber Jr match

joey would be ok, but i don't care for calis on commentary at all. i thought he sukt back then and think he sucks now.

no roosh on tv. i wonder if he got suspended.

I agree I want Styles and Callis. I want those 2 guys calling it. Joey Styles calling CM Punk and Samoa Joe is just NEEDING to be done. Plus Callis can be pure heel. He can be old school heel. (Taz tries it...but Callis has that old school support heels deal)
    Unless a passing time machine just dropped us all in the year 2004?

No. It is not needing to be done.

Vampiro calling matches in Lucha Underground was more entertaining than Styles calling Punk/Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    These would be exciting.

Sportster offered some ideas (not rumors) that were pretty good as well. MJF vs PAC. Anthony Ogogo vs Wardlow. And of course: Kenny Omega & The Young Bucks vs CM Punk & FTR
    https://www.thesportster.com/aew-mat...um/#mjf-vs-pac
    While it is not exactly "Front Page..." news, a few folks have wondered out loud exactly what happened to PAC recently.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post

Vampiro calling matches in Lucha Underground was more entertaining than Styles calling Punk/Joe.

Your opinion has been noted ....but we will just let Joey call it lol. Sorry..... (being honest ...Khan will likely let Jim Ross , Excalibur , Schiavone , Taz in some form do it).

Speaking of Lucha Underground...

Any serious fans might want to take the chance to catch the third episode of this season of Mayans M.C. if they should get the chance.

I really wish AEW would have done a video package of CM Punk return. I can see they wanna juice some extra ticket sales with it. But a video package of a black screen then hitting the music would have sent the crowd into insanity. (They already popped big...but a big trailer to play for 2 weeks would have been fire)

I think Tony Khan has over done the "special announcements" deal a lot with Collision. Here he should have had a video package to promote Punk. Maybe he just wanted to say his name.
    TK was a little too subdued in that announcement. That said, they can still put together a CM Punk video package between now and June 17th.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    TK was a little too subdued in that announcement. That said, they can still put together a CM Punk video package between now and June 17th.
    True...but the element of surprise was there. I think they would have left Punk's deal a surprise return at the show had the ticket sales been better. But they waited too long and all to get people hooked. So with 2-3 weeks to go they wanna get more sold now. (the will he or won't he didn't help online)

Nigel has been cleared for a match in the UK.

Will his last match be there!?

ADBD has been teasing a program with him lately.

Webely would be perfect.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

Webely would be perfect.

That is who he wants to face from what he claimed.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post

i'm pretty much with that. a little nostalgia is cool and all but when i'm watching aew i want it to feel like i'm watching aew in 2023 not ecw in the 90's, memphis in the 70's, wwe in the 80's, tna in.........ever.

pretty bummed about the punk stuff, really did not miss him at all. anybody know when his contract is up??

bandido's chespirito/el chapulin colorado ring gear was the highlight of dynamite.

Last edited by BigLbo; 06-01-2023 at 06:21 AM.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

Wembley would be perfect.
    My big problem with a nostalgic revisit of Danielson vs Nigel is that we already got like 7 ROH classics with these two versus each other (and they're unlikely to top any of those). It seems too safe/conservative a last match (which is perhaps exactly what Nigel seeks, that familiarity). I'd love to see Nigel work a last match with someone who could offer something new and different against him.....like PAC, Kenny, a NJPW star, Adam Cole, Punk, etc....somebody Nigel might have faced in 2005-2011 but back then maybe wasn't ready to meet his level or just missed out on wrestling him (Kenny, PAC, etc fit this). Or I'd just settle for Nigel facing just anyone he doesn't have like 7 great singles matches against.

Seeing Nigel wrestle again will be a huge mark out moment for me though. He's a top favorite of mine. Even his lesser matches were often very entertaining.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 06-01-2023 at 06:12 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”