Page 660 of 902 FirstFirst ... 160560610650656657658659660661662663664670710760 ... LastLast
Results 9,886 to 9,900 of 13529

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Ya pat doesn't know what he is talking about....
    Pat may not but even Dave Meltzer has talked about how some of the upcoming Collison tapings have really poor ticket sales which is why they announced Punk's return so early. They didn't need to do that for his debut on Rampage in 2021 they were able to sellout arenas just on the rumor he'd be back. Obviously something changed to make them do a 180 and tell everyone he's returning amlost a month before the event.

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    Pat may not but even Dave Meltzer has talked about how some of the upcoming Collison tapings have really poor ticket sales which is why they announced Punk's return so early. They didn't need to do that for his debut on Rampage in 2021 they were able to sellout arenas just on the rumor he'd be back. Obviously something changed to make them do a 180 and tell everyone he's returning amlost a month before the event.
    Wwe was having poor ticket sales for awhile not to long ago it doesn't mean they were going to go under.

Were they teasing Damian Priest going face last night at the end of Raw. He was upset at Balor getting involved in his match with Rollins.

I thought they were having Priest and Balor mirroring Roman Reigns and the Usos.
    Watching television is not an activity.

stan lane is NOT congresswoman lauren boebert's father

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

In watching some of Jericho's last interview shoot from a couple years ago...he discussed some things. And how bad he was done when he came into the company and for a few years at times.

- When he came in there was politics which surprised him. Due to wrestling war going on with WCW. Russo laid out the character and told him to go full into how guys were boring etc. So he did just that as we saw. Which irked guys backstage as Chris claims they were like...who is this guy to say all this crap about us ? Not realizing it was a character deal.

The next show on Smackdown , Russo told him to do the same deal with Undertaker. Well Undertaker had just cut a 10 minute promo about being in the desert and by all accounts ...it was the worst one he had ever cut. So once he does the whole deal again , people popped a second. Which irked Undertaker. Shawn Michaels was backstage and came up to him how its not wise to say that to one of the powerful guys backstage.

- So FF 2 years later nearly he's given the run as Undisputed Champion. A fact he never learned this til....3 hours before the show. Paul Heyman and Pat Patterson seemed to know he was gonna get the title awhile. At one point Kurt Angle thought he was gonna win and as Chris claims everyone called him "Canary Kurt" because once he heard something....he'd tell everyone. So Kurt telling he was gonna win made sense.

But he won and found out at catering while everyone was eating before the show. Where Vince decided to razz him with Undertaker in a way.

"Hey Undertaker , wanna know how the business is dying. Were putting the title on Jericho !"

- Then we saw that there was heat with HHH. As the 2 did the ABSOLUTE WORST Championship angle heading into a Wrestlemania. The infamous Chris Jericho is Stephanie's man servant who walks her dog angle. Jericho proposed that he was sleeping with Stephanie which would catch HHH by surprise in the angle.

"Sorry , I wouldn't fall for that." - HHH.

"Uhh dude ..you realize I'm not literally sleeping with your wife right ?" - Jericho.

So he went with what they proposed and he wasn't happy with it.

- At that Wrestlemania ...Rock vs Hogan was the top match. A fact Jericho tried telling HHH that they should have their match BEFORE this one. Because the crowd clearly was there to see Rock vs Hogan. HHH's ego however made him claim that the World title match should main event. Not realizing how bad this decision was. And the crowd was dead for it.

- Well one of the things he was excited about was the aspect that a lot of people who Main Event a Wrestlemania always get a big check for it. In the rumored 7 figures possibly. Jericho was excited about that and when he got the check he was...dismayed. The check was good but not great.

So he spoke to HHH and what he learned made him blow his top in anger. If the Wrestlemania PPV main event was a Pie.... HHH got 80% of the pie and Jericho only got 20%. He understood Trips would get more but a whole 80% to his 20% ? So he spoke to Jim Ross.

J.R. was one everyone went to , to discuss payoffs and he'd cut checks at times for $5,000 if they felt shorted. But the company would deduct it off next check. So he told Jim Ross , this wasn't about $5,000 ...this was about being fair and he'd walk basically if he wasn't treated a little fairer here. J.R. was like , well Vince feels people paid to see HHH beat you for the title. But as Jericho countered...'I was the guy who laid the ground work for 2-3 months before he returned to do that !"

Vince sent Jericho another check...giving him 1 and half pieces of the pie finally.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Wwe was having poor ticket sales for awhile not to long ago it doesn't mean they were going to go under.
    AEW isn't WWE, the latter is an established brand with 60 years of history and makes enough money from the Saudi deal and TV rights alone that they don't have to rely on ticket sales that much. AEW doesn't have those advantages not that they'll be going out of business anytime soon but the tickets for Collison haven't been moving much outside of the Chicago show. Sales being low despite Punk returning isn't the best start for Collison.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

WWE isn't dependent on live attendance to stay afloat. Most of their revenue is coming from TV deals and deals with other businesses. That's not true for AEW

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    stan lane is NOT congresswoman lauren boebert's father
    *Breathes sigh of relief*

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    WWE isn't dependent on live attendance to stay afloat. Most of their revenue is coming from TV deals and deals with other businesses. That's not true for AEW
    Yeah, no matter how one spins it, AEW should be more concerned with live attendance numbers than WWE. Poor numbers are more concerning as an indicator.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Like only a month ago, I was watching Iron Shiek's like only official (recorded) 1984 WWF title defense match against Tito Santana, and it was so much fun. An underrated gem. Shiek was one earliest wrestlers in my young life. I had his rubber action figures and everything.

RIP

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

This is sad. I remember in an interview when he said without him there would be no Hulk Hogan since Hogan won the Belt off of him.

He was the best villain in all of wrestling. I remember seeing they had to sneak him out of events in the trunks of cars because of how bad he was hated.

"Iran Number 1 America Pooey."

I love watching his old matches on Peacock. The man was amazing and never scared to say what he felt about the business and other wrestlers.

And here is an interesting fact. The painting of the president of Iran (Whatever they called the president) that was on his flag was painted by Jerry "The King" Lawler.

Fans on Twitter want today named National We Hate Hulk Hogan Day in honor of the Shiek.

Another legend gone and he will be missed.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    This is sad. I remember in an interview when [Iron Shiek] said without him there would be no Hulk Hogan since Hogan won the Belt off of him.
    A dubious self-serving claim for sure, I suspect Hulk's opponent that night could have been almost anyone (Muraco, Studd, Bundy, a store mannequin, etc) and the reaction & effect would have been much the same as Hogan was just very over, but I guess I shouldn't speak ill of the dead today.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 06-07-2023 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    A dubious self-serving claim for sure, I suspect Hulk's opponent that night could have been almost anyone (Muraco, Studd, Bundy, etc) and the reaction & effect would have been much the same as Hogan was just very over, but I guess I shouldn't speak ill of the dead today.
    It is not speaking Ill of the dead. I love The Shiek but the man had an ego the size of New York City.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.