Page 661 of 902 FirstFirst ... 161561611651657658659660661662663664665671711761 ... LastLast
Results 9,901 to 9,915 of 13529
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Oh man, Iron Sheik has always been very underrated.

He became more popular for his over the top weird behaviour later in life but he was a very entertaining fellow.

May he RIP. The guy was a lot more "significant" than folks gave him credit for.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Sheik was the perfect villain , at the perfect time then in 1984. He was the foreign rogue who destroyed an all-American boy in Bob Backlund. It took the power of a man named Hulk Hogan and Hulkamania to save America.

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Bob Backlund was not even that upset at the idea of losing his title to someone like Sheik. Because Backland always said if he was going to lose the title he wanted to be to a real wrestler that would have the skill to beat him in a real match not a gimmick wrestler.

So while he was a bit bummed at losing the title he had no issues to losing it to Sheik. If Sheik's story was correct.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    AEW isn't WWE, the latter is an established brand with 60 years of history and makes enough money from the Saudi deal and TV rights alone that they don't have to rely on ticket sales that much. AEW doesn't have those advantages not that they'll be going out of business anytime soon but the tickets for Collison haven't been moving much outside of the Chicago show. Sales being low despite Punk returning isn't the best start for Collison.
    Of course not but the point still stands AEW isn't going under anytime soon witch is why I said pat doesn't know what he is talking about he'll impact had horrible ticket sales back in the day yet they are still around.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Bob Backlund was not even that upset at the idea of losing his title to someone like Sheik. Because Backland always said if he was going to lose the title he wanted to be to a real wrestler that would have the skill to beat him in a real match not a gimmick wrestler.

So while he was a bit bummed at losing the title he had no issues to losing it to Sheik. If Sheik's story was correct.
    I wonder how Backlund felt watching Vince McMahon use Sheik as a bridge to Hulkamania.

In fact it's weird to see this moment. Backlund brings back Hulk Hogan to the WWF in January 1984. 2 weeks later Hulkamania began...

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Of course not but the point still stands AEW isn't going under anytime soon witch is why I said pat doesn't know what he is talking about he'll impact had horrible ticket sales back in the day yet they are still around.
    Yeah Pat's being overzealous in predicting AEW's demise he probably thinks he has to say stupid **** like that to appear loyal to WWE when he doesn't have to. And yes Impact exists but nowhere near their peak years when they could attract big name free agents and get contracts on major cable stations. Now they exist as a feeder system to WWE and AEW, Tony Khan definitely doesn't want his company becoming what Impact has turned into.

Impact picks up young talent cast off by the WWE as we have seen. They did sign Nick Aldis recently so that was an important big pick up.

I think with Anthem footing the bills , Impact is more wiser on what talents they bring in. A big complaint with Dixie was how TNA would sign any ex WWE talent with no clue on how to use them.

i can't believe all the **** being spewed around here the last few pages
    1st of all it's MISTER Backlund!!

2nd EVERYBODY knows Mr Backlund NEVER submitted, he was betrayed by that son of a bitch arnold skaaland in the original screw job.
    skaaland eventually got what he deserved though.

Mr Backlund never should've lost the title, hulkamania was the beginning of the end for real professional wrestling.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Impact picks up young talent cast off by the WWE as we have seen. They did sign Nick Aldis recently so that was an important big pick up.

I think with Anthem footing the bills , Impact is more wiser on what talents they bring in. A big complaint with Dixie was how TNA would sign any ex WWE talent with no clue on how to use them.
    burt macklin holding the title is proof of that. and they snatched him up right from under aew's nose.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post

Dixie Carter biggest issue is that she valued the WWE castoffs more than her homegrown talent. The number of times AJ styles, Samoa Joe, Christopher Daniels, LAX, Matt Morgan, etc who kept being pushed aside for the latest WWE release was staggering

Dixie Carter biggest issue is that she valued the WWE castoffs more than her homegrown talent. The number of times AJ styles, Samoa Joe, Christopher Daniels, LAX, Matt Morgan, etc who kept being pushed aside for the latest WWE release was staggering
    and morgan was a castoff himself.

Amazing Member

OMG that was the worst chicken wing ever lol

Isn't that usually what happens and leads to the downfall of a company?

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i can't believe all the **** being spewed around here the last few pages
    1st of all it's MISTER Backlund!!

2nd EVERYBODY knows Mr Backlund NEVER submitted, he was betrayed by that son of a bitch arnold skaaland in the original screw job.
    skaaland eventually got what he deserved though.

Mr Backlund never should've lost the title, hulkamania was the beginning of the end for real professional wrestling.
    Backland was a great wrestler with Amazing Skill. But he also had the personality of a wet sponge. It was not a shock that he would be pushed aside for more charismatic personalities.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Backland was a great wrestler with Amazing Skill. But he also had the personality of a wet sponge. It was not a shock that he would be pushed aside for more charismatic personalities.
    He fixed his personality issues when he returned to the federation in 94. I loved crazy bob when I was a kid