Page 665 of 902 FirstFirst ... 165565615655661662663664665666667668669675715765 ... LastLast
Results 9,961 to 9,975 of 13529

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    You got to me to watch my first Haystacks match, I found Calhoun vs Buddy Rogers on Youtube from 1961. In fact it's the first time I've watched any 50s/60s matches. Also watched Gorgeous George vs Hans Schnabel. It's amazing how Buddy and George are such precursors to Ric Flair in so many ways.
    My grandma LOVED Gorgeous George! I think she would've left my grandpa for him.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So Lacey Evans came back , dressed as a female version of Sgt. Slaughter to play up her past. But its not the idea of the gimmick of her past...its the various gimmicks she has had that makes it funny. They should have Lacey become a version of Mick Foley. That she has multiple personalities and shifts to each one at times.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    So Lacey Evans came back , dressed as a female version of Sgt. Slaughter to play up her past. But its not the idea of the gimmick of her past...its the various gimmicks she has had that makes it funny. They should have Lacey become a version of Mick Foley. That she has multiple personalities and shifts to each one at times.
    That wouldn't work for her. All of Foley's gimmicks got over. Lacey is still trying to find something that works. That woman has seen more repackages than an Amazon return facility

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    My grandma LOVED Gorgeous George! I think she would've left my grandpa for him.
    George almost seems underrated. Apparently he was only viewed as an average wrestler/grappler, and I'm no expert on grapplers of that time, but watching George, he moves with a speed and sells really well, dramatically. Like an HBK of his time. More modern in-ring as well with the entertainment aspects.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 06-14-2023 at 01:39 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    That wouldn't work for her. All of Foley's gimmicks got over. Lacey is still trying to find something that works. That woman has seen more repackages than an Amazon return facility
    Did she ever have Ric Flairs baby? lol. At this point she has to be getting close to being future endeavored.

Why? How many more exwrestlers and their families does she need to piss off?

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Why? How many more exwrestlers and their families does she need to piss off?
    Go for broke. There is Million Dollar Man , Brutus the Barber Beefcake and a few others. Go all out.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Go for broke. There is Million Dollar Man , Brutus the Barber Beefcake and a few others. Go all out.
    I loved it when the Giant went out there with a new GImmick each week. Funny as hell.

Run ins of the year...

CM Punk return promo...."I have a lot to get off my chest. ."

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I think he's at least entertaining nothing great but OK in the ring with some work he can at least be a good heel.
    to be fair that kind of sounds like mediocrity. if he needs some work to at least be a good heel i wouldn't put the main title on him yet.

CM Punk return promo...."I have a lot to get off my chest. ."

ewwwwwww.

i really don't understand why he even wants to come back. just ego i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post

ewwwwwww.

i really don't understand why he even wants to come back. just ego i guess.

Love of the business. Because he has millions of dollars , he's got TV roles and he could with his mic skills do a podcast and all. If he didn't want to do this beyond loving it...then he could walk. But its said he wants to work with Samoa Joe and Jay White. So he's gonna work on elevating guys like he did with MJF who he likes. (A fact MJF has said his feud with Punk was the best program done) .

Stevie Richards in his shoot detailed just how smart he was in WWE.

- Richards is asked about toys and video game money. As Richards put it ...in the early days of video games ..guys made some good money off them. Those were good. (Sabu has said he was paid good in 2000s for a video game)

- He had like 7-8 action figures from Jakks. So while there he met a guy named Pete. Some of the guys would treat Pete like he was crap and he was a nobody. But Stevie treated him nice and hung out with him. So Pete tells Stevie..."how many outfits do you have ? Get a few...send me pics of the front and back fully in each one."

Stevie claims he would get figures then during his time of Stevie Night Heat when he wasn't getting pushed serious. And those helped a lot. And he still talks to Pete even now.

Love of the business. Because he has millions of dollars , he's got TV roles and he could with his mic skills do a podcast and all. If he didn't want to do this beyond loving it...then he could walk. But its said he wants to work with Samoa Joe and Jay White. So he's gonna work on elevating guys like he did with MJF who he likes. (A fact MJF has said his feud with Punk was the best program done) .
    for somebody who loves the business so much he sure seems miserable whenever he's involved in it.

i still think it's just an ego thing. regardless i blame tk.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Love of the business. Because he has millions of dollars , he's got TV roles and he could with his mic skills do a podcast and all. If he didn't want to do this beyond loving it...then he could walk.
    Yeah, he and his brother started a Chicago independent promotion in the mid/late 90s, so I can see how he feels his life is so tied to wrestling.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”