Page 667 of 902 FirstFirst ... 167567617657663664665666667668669670671677717767 ... LastLast
Results 9,991 to 10,005 of 13529
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Matt Jackson posted this Instagram story as soon as the ESPN interview was published

https://twitter.com/WrestlingNewsCo/...I2l8AGgag&s=19
    Possibly the biggest most interesting question (which is likely never to be answered definitively) is whether Punk is factually correct that he & Page talked about their promo and Page did not stick to what they talked about.

Page could be the greatest nicest guy in the world, but if Punk is somehow correct on that little point, that could be meaningful (regarding a possible custom or norm in the biz). I'm not at all saying I believe Punk's claim that Page did stray in some way that is culpable. I mean meaningful in the sense that Punk seems to really believe Page did stray (and thus deceive) and that Punk did and does expect an apology on that point (thus that point is very meaningful still, as far as possibly resolving anything).
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 06-16-2023 at 01:21 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Speaking of guys going off script and having some consequences .... Dutch Mantell detailed how he was there the night Brad Maddox was fired by Vince McMahon.

- Mantell claims he was in the guerilla position standing , waiting up for his segment. As he details people are lined up there to be ready for their segment next and if they aren't...hell will be paid because its important.

So he's standing there and he watches as Maddox utters the line as a heel to tell a crowd they are "all p----" as Vince and everyone is stunned a few seconds. Vince looks at a road agent and tells him to get Maddox and bring him to him. Because he's not gonna avoid this.

- Dutch claims that was the 1st time he saw a guy get fired before he came to the back. Maddox was told seconds later he was done and to leave the arena by McMahon.

- It was brought up how Maddox , had he been a bigger star may get more of a chance for going off script that way. But where he wasn't , he was made an example of.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Speaking of Punk....he's getting his wish. He's gonna be teaming with FTR opening week against Samoa Joe , Jay White and Juice. Punk in that piece is more about building "his guys" he feels. Ricky Starks is gonna be on Collision too.

So Punk's getting Miro , Ricky Starks (Punk feels he's close to MJF level) Scorpio Sky , Jay White , Juice , and Samoa Joe. He's really getting a nice set of guys on his brand that him and Jericho can build on. (I'm more excited for Collision than Dynamite given what were gonna see)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

So Roman carries all 3 title belts around with him? What's the point of the new one I don't get it?

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    So Roman carries all 3 title belts around with him? What's the point of the new one I don't get it?
    According to a report ...they are basically waiting til Roman loses the belt to straighten a few things out. One of them is dropping the Universal Championship name. Just calling the belt the WWE Championship. They are also waiting to really set the linage of the belt and all once Roman loses it too.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    According to a report ...they are basically waiting til Roman loses the belt to straighten a few things out. One of them is dropping the Universal Championship name. Just calling the belt the WWE Championship. They are also waiting to really set the linage of the belt and all once Roman loses it too.
    But that's probably not happening until WM!

Changes to Ramage/Collision creative:

Jacobs, Washington, Danielson, Jericho, Hardwood, Steel.

So Friday/Saturday are the same team with these tweeks now.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Kevin Kelly, Nigel McGinnis and JR are the commentary team for Collision

https://twitter.com/DrainBamager/sta...782676993?s=20

Sorry I thought he was discussing Punk there and the title situation with AEW last year.

Macklin I don't think had an issue becoming World Champion. I do think Impact had their original booking plans get thrown out once Alexander got injured.
    they need to get someone onboard who's better at plan b. they could've had kushida win the vacant title and have him drop it to shelley partner vs partner. or several other options not involving a title reign for macklin.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Possibly the biggest most interesting question (which is likely never to be answered definitively) is whether Punk is factually correct that he & Page talked about their promo and Page did not stick to what they talked about.

Page could be the greatest nicest guy in the world, but if Punk is somehow correct on that little point, that could be meaningful (regarding a possible custom or norm in the biz). I'm not at all saying I believe Punk's claim that Page did stray in some way that is culpable. I mean meaningful in the sense that Punk seems to really believe Page did stray (and thus deceive) and that Punk did and does expect an apology on that point (thus that point is very meaningful still, as far as possibly resolving anything).
    even if page did go off script he(of all people) should have gotten over it by now. listen to what page said and it's nothing to be that upset about this long after it happened.

Speaking of Punk....he's getting his wish. He's gonna be teaming with FTR opening week against Samoa Joe , Jay White and Juice. Punk in that piece is more about building "his guys" he feels. Ricky Starks is gonna be on Collision too.

So Punk's getting Miro , Ricky Starks (Punk feels he's close to MJF level) Scorpio Sky , Jay White , Juice , and Samoa Joe. He's really getting a nice set of guys on his brand that him and Jericho can build on. (I'm more excited for Collision than Dynamite given what were gonna see)
    well i'm shocked.

the opening 6man of rampage was great even if we xpect best friends/chaos to job at this point. i wasn't able to catch the main event but takeshita vs bandido sounds all kinds of awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    t

even if page did go off script he(of all people) should have gotten over it by now. listen to what page said and it's nothing to be that upset about this long after it happened.
    It wasn't just the promo with Punk. Punk believed that Page was taking liberties in their match. Page was chopping him on his mouth. Punk focused on protesting himself the entire match. Punk should have given him receipts if all that was intentional.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It wasn't just the promo with Punk. Punk believed that Page was taking liberties in their match. Page was chopping him on his mouth. Punk focused on protesting himself the entire match. Punk should have given him receipts if all that was intentional.
    I'd say Page was more angry that he was considered the "future" of AEW and the big grooming star at one point. A fact Jim Ross would brag him up and call him a "Barry Windham" type and young Barry was a f'n machine then. If your getting compared to Barry Windham of the 1980s who could go and Ric Flair called a pure bred stallion ....then that is high praise.

And it likely went to Page's head at age 28 that he's being bragged up as a big future guy. And as we saw there was 2+ years of build to make him AEW World Champion.

Then suddenly a huge superstar who generates a cash register comes into the company. Now Page is watching as his World title run becomes over shadowed. A lot of people are realizing that there is a big audience for Punk , than them right now.

It made Punk madder that he told Tony Khan and others behind the scenes about Page and he was ignored. Then he never got a word of apology to say , look I didn't mean that etc when he came back. He still hasn't gotten it from Hangman since.

I'd say Page was more angry that he was considered the "future" of AEW and the big grooming star at one point. A fact Jim Ross would brag him up and call him a "Barry Windham" type and young Barry was a f'n machine then. If your getting compared to Barry Windham of the 1980s who could go and Ric Flair called a pure bred stallion ....then that is high praise.

And it likely went to Page's head at age 28 that he's being bragged up as a big future guy. And as we saw there was 2+ years of build to make him AEW World Champion.

Then suddenly a huge superstar who generates a cash register comes into the company. Now Page is watching as his World title run becomes over shadowed. A lot of people are realizing that there is a big audience for Punk , than them right now.

It made Punk madder that he told Tony Khan and others behind the scenes about Page and he was ignored. Then he never got a word of apology to say , look I didn't mean that etc when he came back. He still hasn't gotten it from Hangman since.
    It's not often that Punk is not the instigator in his conflicts. I would like to know Hangman side of this because it is not looking good on his end.

Personally I never brought into Hangman being a main-event guy. Main-event gatekeeper at best but not a world champion. The role that OC currently occupies would be better for him.

Roman and Solo vs the Usos has been made official for money in the bank

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/16701...rks-BGc3A&s=19

Well in bigger news than Punk , Page and Roman Reigns....

Rhaka Khans lawsuit was dismissed today. One where she was suing.....

Panda Energy
    Miz
    Maryse
    The Bellas
    Jim Cornette
    Heath Slater
    The late Chris Benoit
    Michael Jordan (yes that Michael Jordan)
    The Rock
    Home Depot
    Steve Kerin
    Deep South Wrestling
    Bank of America
    The NWA
    Billy Corgan
    Several Universities
    Mick Foley

There are others too...

Well in bigger news than Punk , Page and Roman Reigns....

Rhaka Khans lawsuit was dismissed today. One where she was suing.....

Panda Energy
    Miz
    Maryse
    The Bellas
    Jim Cornette
    Heath Slater
    The late Chris Benoit
    Michael Jordan (yes that Michael Jordan)
    The Rock
    Home Depot
    Steve Kerin
    Deep South Wrestling
    Bank of America
    The NWA
    Billy Corgan
    Several Universities
    Mick Foley

There are others too...
    Now Disney needs to apologize to the Rock because I heard they stopped development of live action Moana because of that suit.