Page 669 of 902 FirstFirst ... 169569619659665666667668669670671672673679719769 ... LastLast
Results 10,021 to 10,035 of 13529
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Hopefully MJF shows up tonight. I think Collision needs the company's top guy present so the show won't end up being like Rampage

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Ooohh we get Jeff Jarrett vs Mark Briscoe soon.

"We stole more hearts than Trump stealing documents!" - Acclaim.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

FTR and CM Punk are rocking CMFTR merch now.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

The tag to Joe was an epic clash moment as fans went ape shiiit. Like they were waiting for it. The clash after years apart.

AEW Collision was a pretty decent show. Pros and Cons...

PROS

- This show gives more of the roster TV time. Its helped that Ricky Starks , Powerhouse Hobbs and Andrade all got lots of TV time to shine. This is a good thing for them.

- Its weird Elton John now has a pro wrestling theme but ....yeah its weird. I never imagined AEW would use "Saturday Night Is Alright for Fighting" here.

- Andrade looked really good out there. The cartwheel on the apron was a nice spot.

- The Owen Hart tournament being announced was good. The more you promote and make a tournament special , the more it means. Hopefully Bret Hart watches this show and can see the guys involved seemed to book a product without insane risky spots and insane bloodshed.

- AEW had a decent show here. The talent involved really went out there to prove a point that , they just need TV time to work. Andrade , FTR , Buddy Matthews , Samoa Joe , Jay White and Juice showed what they could do.

- The Main event was perfect. Perfectly booked , perfect moments and more. The tease of Joe/Punk was so good. You can tell the 2 men worked those moments out to get fans to go insane. The tag moment as fans went ballistic over just a tag was nice. But as we saw the match was to watch Punk's minutes really. He's coming back from injury and FTR and the guys worked most of match til he got in and rolled a bit.

The tease that Joe may make Punk pass out was solid too. This gives a good set up for program as Samoa Joe next week can claim FTR saved him and he'd make him lose. It was a main event without INSANE SPOTS and INSANE BLOODSHED. If I was the AEW roster they hopefully watch what those 6 guys did and learn from it.

THE CONS.

- Wardlow losing the TNT title has became a running joke at this point. He's the worst booked champion Khan has and constantly loses his title and has to regain it. For a big man , he's booked to look very....weak in this. If his title losses weren't every couple months maybe he'd mean more. But at this rate ....Wardlow : AEW TNT Champion 20+ times by 2025 seems to be on pace.

- The announce team. No one is less interesting than hearing Kevin Kelly call a big match or show. At this point I literally begged for Excalibur. Instead we got Kelly and Nigel. Who was trying to play a heel announcer at times but....well , when your in there with boring Kevin Kelly your not gonna get much help.

Jim Ross was clearly sick and not well as he barely could talk. He did his best to try and make the main event worthwhile. I'd tell Tony Khan to fix this and call Joey Styles but he won't. I just have to sit and prepare for Collision with boring Kevin Kelly.

OVERALL : Not a bad show at all. Main event was pretty perfect as a moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It wasn't just the promo with Punk. Punk believed that Page was taking liberties in their match. Page was chopping him on his mouth. Punk focused on protesting himself the entire match. Punk should have given him receipts if all that was intentional.
    can you believe the balls on hangman to take liberties with a "ufc fighter" that went the 5rds with mike "the real truth" jackson. page should thank the gods he didn't get his ass whipped backstage pulling that with an old school mentality guy like punk.

It's not often that Punk is not the instigator in his conflicts. I would like to know Hangman side of this because it is not looking good on his end.
    you think?? to me he's come out looking like the most mature in the whole situation despite being the youngest.

Personally I never brought into Hangman being a main-event guy. Main-event gatekeeper at best but not a world champion. The role that OC currently occupies would be better for him.
    i felt the same but he won me over by having some pretty damn good main events. page still isn't one of my guys but i'll not complain if he's in the main event anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    One guy's take...

That match was a good ways better than it had any business being.
    idk, i thought it had every right to be pretty damn great.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    can you believe the balls on hangman to take liberties with a "ufc fighter" that went the 5rds with mike "the real truth" jackson. page should thank the gods he didn't get his ass whipped backstage pulling that with an old school mentality guy like punk.

you think?? to me he's come out looking like the most mature in the whole situation despite being the youngest.

i felt the same but he won me over by having some pretty damn good main events. page still isn't one of my guys but i'll not complain if he's in the main event anymore.

idk, i thought it had every right to be pretty damn great.
    I don't think staying quiet while your reputation is been tarnished is a good idea for Page. He will need to address it eventually. When he does hopefully it isn't in a passive aggressive matter that the bucks like to do.

I don't think staying quiet while your reputation is been tarnished is a good idea for Page. He will need to address it eventually. When he does hopefully it isn't in a passive aggressive matter that the bucks like to do.
    imo there's nothing more passive aggressive than addressing real life shit in a wrestling promo(or presser), which he did once and punk does regularly.

I liked Hangman's program against Bryan Danielson at the start as World Champion then. That was a good series there. Its just ...momentum was lost once he was pushed to face Lance Archer. Like ...what did Archer do to get this sudden spot ?

I'd say that the best booked champions in AEW are Samoa Joe and Orange Cassidy. Both men are booked so strong , its either an accident and Tony Khan hasn't realized how both men going on long runs as champions and looking big or he's that decent a booker. I look at Wardlow and puzzled at this one really. TNT Championship should be the 2nd big prize in the company.

But its thrown on guys so quick from Wardlow having to constantly get it back that at this point , the belt is just....not as good as Cassidy's . Which if AEW does do the hard brand split...he should be the Collision brands World Champion with that championship.

But yeah....good booking for Samoa Joe and Orange Cassidy. I would love to see Joe do a face turn and go after MJF. That even MJF is afraid of this guy and tries to get out of facing him as fans chant .."Joe's Gonna Kill You..."

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    AEW Collision was a pretty decent show. Pros and Cons...

PROS

- This show gives more of the roster TV time. Its helped that Ricky Starks , Powerhouse Hobbs and Andrade all got lots of TV time to shine. This is a good thing for them.

- Its weird Elton John now has a pro wrestling theme but ....yeah its weird. I never imagined AEW would use "Saturday Night Is Alright for Fighting" here.

- Andrade looked really good out there. The cartwheel on the apron was a nice spot.

- The Owen Hart tournament being announced was good. The more you promote and make a tournament special , the more it means. Hopefully Bret Hart watches this show and can see the guys involved seemed to book a product without insane risky spots and insane bloodshed.

- AEW had a decent show here. The talent involved really went out there to prove a point that , they just need TV time to work. Andrade , FTR , Buddy Matthews , Samoa Joe , Jay White and Juice showed what they could do.

- The Main event was perfect. Perfectly booked , perfect moments and more. The tease of Joe/Punk was so good. You can tell the 2 men worked those moments out to get fans to go insane. The tag moment as fans went ballistic over just a tag was nice. But as we saw the match was to watch Punk's minutes really. He's coming back from injury and FTR and the guys worked most of match til he got in and rolled a bit.

The tease that Joe may make Punk pass out was solid too. This gives a good set up for program as Samoa Joe next week can claim FTR saved him and he'd make him lose. It was a main event without INSANE SPOTS and INSANE BLOODSHED. If I was the AEW roster they hopefully watch what those 6 guys did and learn from it.

THE CONS.

- Wardlow losing the TNT title has became a running joke at this point. He's the worst booked champion Khan has and constantly loses his title and has to regain it. For a big man , he's booked to look very....weak in this. If his title losses weren't every couple months maybe he'd mean more. But at this rate ....Wardlow : AEW TNT Champion 20+ times by 2025 seems to be on pace.

- The announce team. No one is less interesting than hearing Kevin Kelly call a big match or show. At this point I literally begged for Excalibur. Instead we got Kelly and Nigel. Who was trying to play a heel announcer at times but....well , when your in there with boring Kevin Kelly your not gonna get much help.

Jim Ross was clearly sick and not well as he barely could talk. He did his best to try and make the main event worthwhile. I'd tell Tony Khan to fix this and call Joey Styles but he won't. I just have to sit and prepare for Collision with boring Kevin Kelly.

OVERALL : Not a bad show at all. Main event was pretty perfect as a moment.
    JR is going to step down from Collision to heal. He had a nasty fall the morning of the show.

https://twitter.com/jrsbbq/status/16...bIcRqbUxJuE6mA

In other news, WWE is interested in signing hook. No word on when his contract is set to expire but he would be a great get for NXT

Super, Wardlow lost the TNT title three during OC single reign as international champion

https://twitter.com/thechriswilcox/s...bIcRqbUxJuE6mA

That's funny to think about

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    imo there's nothing more passive aggressive than addressing real life shit in a wrestling promo(or presser), which he did once and punk does regularly.
    Hangman if anyone has learned what to do with someone like Punk, who very clearly is that asshole who never does anything wrong and everyone else is at fault for anything that goes down. The only thing you can do with people like that is to just nod with them and move along. Don't feed the trolls, as the saying goes.

Super, Wardlow lost the TNT title three during OC single reign as international champion

https://twitter.com/thechriswilcox/s...bIcRqbUxJuE6mA

That's funny to think about

At this point a heel could throw a banana peel out and Wardlow would trip on it....and lose the TNT Championship.