Page 670 of 902 FirstFirst ... 170570620660666667668669670671672673674680720770 ... LastLast
Results 10,036 to 10,050 of 13529
    Astonishing Member

If Punk thinks Hangman hits too hard he's not gonna have a good time with a lot of AEW's NJPW guys.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    If Punk thinks Hangman hits too hard he's not gonna have a good time with a lot of AEW's NJPW guys.
    Its not hitting too hard. Its purposely trying to hit him in face to hurt him in match. I'm sure Punk is used to guys hitting him hard in matches (he worked with Samoa Joe as we saw in his career) and can understand if a kick or something is stiff , not on purpose. But when your thinking a guy is on purpose trying to hit you to hurt you then you gotta worry.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

So its came out that in 2022 , AEW reached out to Sean Waltman to come in. Billy Gunn bragged up Waltman and how good a pro he can be for the locker room. Waltman turned em down ...twice. (The deal is believed to be a Sabu one shot as we saw)

- Dutch Mantell brought up that Waltman likely doesn't want to go there because it could affect his relationship with HHH and the WWE. The co-host brings up that Waltman at times is a guest coach at NXT. So he likely has a role there ahead possibly and doesn't want it to affect that relationship.

- Also as Dutch points out Sean Waltman likely has heard stories of some of the talents not wanting to listen to veterans. So he likely is thinking , why go there and get that ?
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Man...

Sounds like Bandido might have been hurt badly enough that he will be out for a while.

Here's to him getting well soon.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Collision had a good first show.

Possible true version of Punk/Page:
    -Page and/or wider Elite come to believe friend Colt Cabana was sidelined by Punk, this rumor goes uncorrected, and I believe Tony Khan said (at the scum?) that he wished he had corrected that rumor because it wasn't true, Colt was not affected by Punk (or so Tony claims publicly)
    -Page goes off script on Punk, motivated by a genuine-but-mistaken belief Punk had sidelined Colt. This goes unaddressed. The first Punk/Page match is "poisoned" from Punk's perspective, he wondered if Page took physical shots at him, focused on protecting himself.
    -The later Punk scrum (after Punk vs Mox), the fight, the suspensions (about the scrum/fight, Punk admits he apologized, went about addressing his concerns the wrong way)
    -Elite return, Punk return, many issues unresolved
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 06-19-2023 at 11:01 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Anyone in the mood for hypocritical humor, Dutch Mantell doesn't want politics in wrestling

https://twitter.com/DirtyDMantell/st...01435770241024

Extraordinary Member

AEW all access is on the MAX now. Maybe I'll catch a few eps.

Allegedly, any promos about Punk have to go through Washington, Jericho, & Steel with a final stamp from Punk himself.

And if you start to stray, you get cut off and not allowed to work with Punk anymore.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Well, there goes any desire I had to watch the men's MITB match. The lineup looked good, too.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Moose has signed a very long contract with Impact according to him. He had gotten talked about as a free agent possibly. He has been with Impact Wrestling since 2015 or 2016 I believe.

So in an interview Booker T detailed how he signed with TNA back in the 2000s and within weeks lost his motivation. That he didn't care and could be difficult then.

- Dutch backed it up and said Booker likely felt he was bigger than the brand. That he could do whatever he wanted his way. Which wasn't something at times TNA wanted. But Dutch feels Booker and others who signed were looking through 2 lenses on what they'd do and one was the TNA/how's this make us look one. The other lense was...the WWE/How does Vince feel about this ? Cause a lot of guys would wanna go back.

- He brought up a hilarious deal where the team had booked Booker T in a spot. Well Booker goes to Vince Russo to complain over it. Russo sends him to Dutch. Now Dutch didn't book this segment so he sends Booker to Jeff Jarrett.

Jarrett would have a blue Bluetooth in his ear. And to avoid some guys he'd point ar Bluetooth and go...I'm on a call. Well he does that to Booker T and Jeff sends him back to Russo lol.

As Dutch joked Booker would go to Dixie Carter. She would go to Dutch and he was like....tell him do what he wants as long as it's the general idea of what they want.

- Dutch said this even happened when Booker was doing his weird foreign accent for months on TV. He asked Russo and Jarrett...what's the deal with this accent? They were like , hell we don't know. So they let him do it.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Moose has signed a very long contract with Impact according to him. He had gotten talked about as a free agent possibly. He has been with Impact Wrestling since 2015 or 2016 I believe.
    Good for him inpact has used him good.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Good for him inpact has used him good.
    Indeed. A rare success story for them. Good on him.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

ON NXT during the promo with Carmelo Hayes, Baron Corbin said he has been main eventing for 10 years. - where? He is a mid-carder at best. lol

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    ON NXT during the promo with Carmelo Hayes, Baron Corbin said he has been main eventing for 10 years. - where? He is a mid-carder at best. lol
    He's uper low card to be honest I like Corbin but it was kinda down hill for him after MITB if I was him I'd go elsewhere.