Page 671 of 902 FirstFirst ... 171571621661667668669670671672673674675681721771 ... LastLast
Results 10,051 to 10,065 of 13529

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post
    Hangman if anyone has learned what to do with someone like Punk, who very clearly is that asshole who never does anything wrong and everyone else is at fault for anything that goes down. The only thing you can do with people like that is to just nod with them and move along. Don't feed the trolls, as the saying goes.
    agreed.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Its not hitting too hard. Its purposely trying to hit him in face to hurt him in match. I'm sure Punk is used to guys hitting him hard in matches (he worked with Samoa Joe as we saw in his career) and can understand if a kick or something is stiff , not on purpose. But when your thinking a guy is on purpose trying to hit you to hurt you then you gotta worry.
    when you say "hurt" are you saying he's trying to injure him or just cause pain??

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Man...

Sounds like Bandido might have been hurt badly enough that he will be out for a while.

Here's to him getting well soon.
    shit.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Allegedly, any promos about Punk have to go through Washington, Jericho, & Steel with a final stamp from Punk himself.

And if you start to stray, you get cut off and not allowed to work with Punk anymore.
    and this is the guy calling people soft. fuk.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 06-20-2023 at 11:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    He's uper low card to be honest I like Corbin but it was kinda down hill for him after MITB if I was him I'd go elsewhere.
    He is a good big guy but for some reason he didn't get over on the main roster. I know when he came over with the Lone Wolf gimmick, I didn't like him, yet NXT lapped it up...It's amazing how different the fans are from NXT to WWE...

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    He is a good big guy but for some reason he didn't get over on the main roster. I know when he came over with the Lone Wolf gimmick, I didn't like him, yet NXT lapped it up...It's amazing how different the fans are from NXT to WWE...
    He would do really good In inpact or AAA.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    ON NXT during the promo with Carmelo Hayes, Baron Corbin said he has been main eventing for 10 years. - where? He is a mid-carder at best. lol
    Corbin has been in a lot of big angles, worked programs with top stars, he's had three makeshift stables built around him and he was shoved down our throat in 2018. Corbin has been consistently pushed since being on the main roster. Even in his current gatekeeper role he is working double duty on NXT and Smackdown. The company loves that man

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Darkside of the Ring : Matt Borne or DOINK THE CLOWN !

- The promos start it off that Borne was brilliant but he also was on steroids , pills , cocaine and more at times. That gave him his dark edge we saw for Doink.

- Teagan Osbourne (Aka Borne) is the daughter of Matt Borne. She brags up how her dad wrestled at the 1st Wrestlemania.

- Michelle James met Bourne in 1993 and he bragged he was Doink to her on meeting her. They had 2 kids and he was 37 and she was 21...and she loved him.

- Mick Foley claims Borne was who he wanted to be and was influential to his career. That you just don't play a character.....YOU BECOME THE CHARACTER.

- Matt Borne loved his father Tough Tony Borne. That in Portland everyone knows who Tony was and he took after him. In a sad story , at 10 years old his parents divorced and Matt Borne's mother said for Tony to take that little ba---rd then. Which it did hurt him.

- Being the son of a legendary wrestler its not easy. Foley doesn't know if it helped or hindered him. We see how close father and son were together.

- Foley brings up Matt was from an era where you "laid it in" to sell and make it look real. That he sold pain and more. Dr. Tom Prichard met Borne early and brings up how Borne learned the business from his dad and how to handle "conflict" at times. That it was a very old school mentality and he doesn't think it was something in that era.

- Matt starts in Portland Wrestling...and soon tours territories...getting over everywhere.

- Hacksaw Jim Duggan is on and isn't a friend of Matt Borne and calls him a bully. In Bill Watt's Mid-South he was made a team with Borne and Ted Dibiase called The Rat Pack. Duggan brings up they weren't crybaby heels or cowardly....they were kick butt heels and they were fighting crowds at times then.

- B. Brian Blair had met Borne when he arrived in a territory. The 2 met in a bar and Borne he claims was jacked up and claiming he had hit on his girlfriend. Blair was like , I don't have a girl and I'm not hitting on your girlfriend. So he gets blasted from behind by Borne and the fight is on in bar. He says Borne seemingly was coming to bite his nose off in the fight so he countered...by biting his lip and taking a piece of it !

He thought the fight was over and Borne again comes at him , which amazed him because he was surprised at how tough he was. Then way later Borne attacks him a 3rd time , as he's all bandaged up in this bar. This time Blair claims Borne was going for his eye as Ivan Koloff walked in and he kicked Borne's hands from his face and said "No eyes...." Which Blair thanked him for. Blair knows it had to be drugs...because it was insane how Borne was like some super human there.

- Borne's behavior outside the ring is irking his fellow wrestlers in mid-south and an incident happens with a fan. Duggan is leaving the ring as a bad heel when a fan BLASTS him in the fact. Duggan fires back and knocks the guy down. Well Borne comes over and puts the boots to him. Making him lose an eye in process. (Borne in a shoot before he did says he regretted this , but whats not aired is Borne claimed that Watts bragged this up backstage on guys taking up for each other etc. Its only later once the dude sued that Watts fired him and Jim Duggan got mad at him)

- Borne went to WWF in mid 1980s and months into his contract he's fired for drug issues.

- In the late 1980s/early 90s he lands in WCW. Where he becomes Big Josh. To play up his Northwest roots. Its during this period he spots Maria by ringside and tells security to bring her back to him. Within 3 months the 2 are living together and she becomes his 1st wife.

- She found him so nice and she wanted the typical marriage deal..husband and kids. She tells how she was expecting their 1st kid and she was due to go into hospital. Well Matt went out and he didn't show til the next day at hospital as she was in labor. He was high and had been drinking. She was there when Vince McMahon offered him a deal...for a character he had in mind.

- The idea seemed to have a genesis from Hawk joking about a clown possibly with Borne backstage with him smoking , hair a mess and full of sweat. But McMahon and Borne put it together.

- Foley , Prichard and Hacksaw all think that this will work. Foley brings up Matt could sink his teeth into this character. A classic promo of his evil clown was "I don't care if they laugh. If I laugh its all that matters !" Doink became his favorite character as his own kid and wives claim he was literally Doink.

- The Wrestlemania IX deal is where Borne started to question Vince McMahon on why he did something. It was the classic 2 Doink's showing up and beating Crush then. Borne questions why it was done and it began the start of the downfall.

- He began using drugs and taking off for days from his 1st wife. After failing a drug test he was fired. Borne details how he was smoking weed in a Boston motel and that is when he was fired after that as well. Maria claims Matt would tell she left him after he lost his WWF job but that isn't true. But she claims he was on drugs , became physically abusive to her and daughter that caused it. After a fight where he threw lit cigarettes at her she left him finally.

- His 2nd wife and daughter claim Matt had an engraved tub with DOINK on it and he went home. Where he would spend 8 straight days up doing coke and not sleeping. He started hallucinating and was in so hurt that he had lost his job over his addictions.

- Being a created character in clown makeup they tried to keep it running. Steve Keirn and Joe Apollo would go on to play Doink after it. This hurt him worse mentally.

- His 2nd wife met Borne while he worked as a telemarker. Yes.....Matt Borne was working phones. He wasn't happy and he was still drinking and doing drugs trying to live each week as she claims.

- Then she details how they were in a bar. While there an ex-bf she dated came over and spit on her. Which she saw Matt coming out of the corner of her eye and she warned her ex....YOU BEST RUN. Matt grabbed him and lifted him in air by his ears and threw him. Then she saw him outside as the poor guy was trying to escape in his car. Matt was holding the back of the car off the ground !

- Borne was maced and tased by police. And he still held the car ! They debated on shooting him in the leg as she claims but she was like....I don't think its gonna stop him. In the jail cell he yelled at them to face him like a man and he ...YANKED THE SINK out of the wall !

- So Borne decides to become Doink on the indies and ECW. Vince finds out and sends a cease and desist due to using the character in WWF. Borne is angry over how Vince McMahon never paid him for the video games and merch so he files a suit case to get that money. McMahon agrees to pay him those if he stops using the character....which he does.

- Borne loved his last 2 kids. He felt he had lost his 1st chance due to his issues and now with his 2nd wife he is shown in pics with his children. His daughter brings up how great he is when clean. But his addictions always would flare up. His 2nd wife stood by him countless times because she knew everyone would leave him over his issues. He would lose his mind as she claims and even put her in hospital.

- Finally Michelle leaves him after his issues as she reaches her breaking point.

- Matt hits rock bottom as we see the infamous shoot situation where he and Jim Duggan got into it. The match is YouTube. Foley is like , you really have to make a very hard attempt to not like Jim Duggan. That after 30 years that is a hell of a grudge to still have !

- Matt moves to Texas and seems to settle down. He meets up with an old valet named Connie Cook and the 2 live together. She learns her mom is sick and Borne takes care of her , fixing her meals and giving her medicine.

- Matt Borne's death is wild as his life. Michelle and her daughter believe Connie is responsible for it. She claims Borne told her he was gonna be leaving Texas and Cook soon.

- Connie claims he was acting strange that morning (maybe he was having a heart attack) and she feels he took her moms medication. Well later a neighbor comes to her and claims Matt is outside stumbling on the ground where she gets him up as they lived in a gated community. So inside he lies in his chair as he starts to snore. She believes he's going to sleep...

- But in written allegations she woke at 6:30 as he was gurgling and wiped his noise. Connie claims it was after talking to her friend who told her to call 911 to get him help. Not 9am (hours later). Connie learns he had morphine and another drug in his system from his OD. He also died of an enlarged heart. His heart was 6 times the size of a regular heart due to substance abuse , stress etc.

- She claims Matt Borne knew of his heart issues a long while. That he took an EKG from his days in WWF but he never followed up on it then.

- The police there find no evidence Connie Cook was responsible in his death after an investigation.

- Foley isn't shocked at his passing at 55 as he lived fast and hard. He gives a great speech on Borne and what he gave to the business in his time.

- His family show pictures of him with his children in his final months etc. He loved his kids a lot. A fact Foley claims when he'd be drinking he'd discuss his children and being an absentee father. Prichard himself said we all have demons. Michelle brings up how its easy to blast him for his issues but she loved him and misses him. His kids miss him more too.

RIP Matt Borne.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Great video essay on Roman Reigns.

Eric Bischoff comically had to admit....he liked the CM Punk promo from Collision. That it hit well with moving things forward with people not forgetting. But he said he almost wants to bite his tongue but he praised the promo. (I think even Bischoff has to admit ...Punk's a master promo guy)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

So according to a report or claim made on Dutch's podcast. There is a claim AEW referee Aubrey Edwards is striking down YouTube videos of AEW botches. If true that is an embarrassing situation if true.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Corbin has been in a lot of big angles, worked programs with top stars, he's had three makeshift stables built around him and he was shoved down our throat in 2018. Corbin has been consistently pushed since being on the main roster. Even in his current gatekeeper role he is working double duty on NXT and Smackdown. The company loves that man

would you actually call that last thing with jbl a push??

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Bold assertion/claim time: MJF bulked up primarily to improve his market value/interest to Vince McMahon

MJF's new bulk is maybe the biggest change to MJF's career since joining AEW. And I keep kinda wondering: why? Moving to the "heavyweight scene" (if it can even be called that) in a company that doesn't much delineate between heavyweights or not in any meaningful way (anyone of any size can be AEW champ it seems)? Tony Khan is a big physique-driven promoter? Isn't the most likely reason MJF bulked up to increase his attractiveness to Vince/WWE? Tony Khan & AEW might benefit from MJF having bulked up, sure, but I think MJF was mostly motivated to bulk up to attract Vince, not increase his market attractiveness to Tony Khan.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 06-22-2023 at 06:33 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Bold assertion/claim time: MJF bulked up primarily to improve his market value/interest to Vince McMahon

MJF's new bulk is maybe the biggest change to MJF's career since joining AEW. And I keep kinda wondering: why? Moving to the heavyweight scene in a company that doesn't much delineate between heavyweights or not in any meaningful way (anyone of any size can be AEW champ it seems)? Tony Khan is a big physique-driven promoter? Isn't the most likely reason MJF bulked up to increase his attractiveness to Vince/WWE? Tony Khan & AEW might benefit from MJF having bulked up, sure, but I think MJF was mostly motivated to bulk up to attract Vince, not increase his market attractiveness to Tony Khan.

Its been said Max likely has a deal beyond 2024 in place in AEW. That this is to sell his angle. Now....stories are Hangman could be headed to WWE. But I suspect the MJF angle is just that.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Its been said Max likely has a deal beyond 2024 in place in AEW. That this is to sell his angle. Now....stories are Hangman could be headed to WWE. But I suspect the MJF angle is just that.
    I googled up MJF's contract situation it seems no one really knows when it's up or what is real vs not. Regardless of when MJF's contract is up, I might still contend that: MJF bulking up is primarily to ensure or maximize Vince's interest should MJF need or want (in the short or long term) to jump to WWE.

Cole, Walter/Gunther, etc, etc....I suspect that MJF started sensing that his physique could impede his career ambitions and was unwilling to let anything affect contract offers or limit him regarding top billing (since his height limits him already to some degree, to some promoters).

It's like 1 of 3 things/motivations, primarily-wise that is:
    1) MJF has (secretly?) been a Triple H-type who genuinely personally loves being big and muscly, or
    2) Tony Khan (secretly?) is a big physique-driven promoter and MJF is appeasing that, or
    3) ensure Vince's high/max interest (because we know know Vince can be big on physique).
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 06-22-2023 at 07:23 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    would you actually call that last thing with jbl a push??
    Yes. He did go on a wins streak for months with JBL until they realize the act wasn't clicking. Just because it failed doesn't mean it wasn't a push

Hopefully LA Knight gets the MIB. He's that good.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Yes. He did go on a wins streak for months with JBL until they realize the act wasn't clicking. Just because it failed doesn't mean it wasn't a push
    i'll take your word for it. i didn't pay very close attention, i just remember thinking every time i saw them together on tv wondering how that shit was supposed to get him over.

Hopefully LA Knight gets the MIB. He's that good.

he was good 10yrs ago(and already in wwe development system) and even better 5yrs ago. it baffles me why they didn't get behind him back then, he had everything they wanted back then and still has it now xcept now he's 40yrs old.