Page 679 of 902 FirstFirst ... 179579629669675676677678679680681682683689729779 ... LastLast
Results 10,171 to 10,185 of 13529
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

During the Junkyard Dog : Dark side of the Ring episode , they mentioned the guys Bill Watts tried to recreate the Junkyard Dog a lot in mid-South. One of them was The Snowman.

As Dutch Mantell detailed the Snowman came into USWA. So at the time Lawler and Jerry Jarrett made him World Champion in an angle. But Snowman got mad about his payoffs as he thought the World Champion was supposed to make more. Well as Mantell feels...maybe both should have tried to pacify Snowman a bit to not lose the title. Which happened.

Snowman was like f-ck this ...and walked. He joked about pawning the belt , which has became an urban legend now. That he took the belt to a pawn shop. No one has ever found the original USWA World title since then.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

The next night LA Knight teased retirement as fans were like Nooo.....and then he was like , NAH NAH that ain't happening !

The promo at the end , as he proclaims himself the top guy in the industry he doesn't need a case to make himself a champion. He will get a championship at some point and that's just a fact of life !
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The next night LA Knight teased retirement as fans were like Nooo.....and then he was like , NAH NAH that ain't happening !

The promo at the end , as he proclaims himself the top guy in the industry he doesn't need a case to make himself a champion. He will get a championship at some point and that's just a fact of life !
    Since the company is giving Ricochet the Logan Paul feud I think LA should get the us title. Theory has been a dud and has done nothing for the championship. Its time to put the belt on someone who is actually over

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Since the company is giving Ricochet the Logan Paul feud I think LA should get the us title. Theory has been a dud and has done nothing for the championship. Its time to put the belt on someone who is actually over
    A lot of folks on FB want him to go after Theory and win that US Championship.

Extraordinary Member

the US Title would be a good place for him before the main title picture frees up

And WWE continues to miss the boat on LA Knight.
    For someone that claims to know a lot about wrestling, you don't know a lot about wrestling...Knight doesn't need the rub...Damien could use the rub and it furthers the Bloodline story. Yeah I was po'd that Knight lost but then I thought about it and he doesn't need the MITB to be interesting. He doesn't need the rub to get pushed into Main event status.
    What he needs right now is a program with Theory to get that title and then smack the hell out of everyone that comes close and by Wrestlemania or SS next year, get him his title shots...

Adding
    Priest uses MITB to get title from Seth from Cashing in after another Seth vs Finn at SS. Sets up a Finn vs Priest(Wins) match at RR and then Knight vs Priest (Using You cost me the MITB match as way to create fued) match at WM.
    Last edited by krazijoe; 07-05-2023 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i think aew might've "inspired" them in their choice to do a future mania in uk as well.
    Pretty sure it's the corporate knowledge that there is a HUGE amount of money overseas that they can get. Puerto Rico (Technically US and the fact that PR Paid WWE 1 million to put on the show) Showed this.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    For someone that claims to know a lot about wrestling, you don't know a lot about wrestling...Knight doesn't need the rub...Damien could use the rub and it furthers the Bloodline story. Yeah I was po'd that Knight lost but then I thought about it and he doesn't need the MITB to be interesting. He doesn't need the rub to get pushed into Main event status.
    What he needs right now is a program with Theory to get that title and then smack the hell out of everyone that comes close and by Wrestlemania or SS next year, get him his title shots...

Adding
    Priest uses MITB to get title from Seth from Cashing in after another Seth vs Finn at SS. Sets up a Finn vs Priest(Wins) match at RR and then Knight vs Priest (Using You cost me the MITB match as way to create fued) match at WM.
    What I don't like that the company is teasing a break up the Judgment day. The bloodline is currently in shambles and we don't need the other major stable following in the same path. The judgment day finally found their groove within the last year and I would hate to see them split now

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I really wish the WWE would do something to honor Funk and give him a special on Peacock. Do it before he's gone. He deserves that much.
    I think Funk warrants an A&E Biography: WWE Legends episode.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post

Adding
    I'd rather him be a top guy.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I think Funk warrants an A&E Biography: WWE Legends episode.
    Either that, or an episode of Dark Side of the Ring.
    Watching television is not an activity.

I think where WWE failed with this scrum is....it's too short. It really is too ...WWEish. It does seem as special as AEW ones. Which have a wave of unpredictable to it all or what guys will say.

If WWE continues them I think HHH needs to take a Tony role in this and do questions besides the talent. Let them go a bit longer and less rushed.
    idk i never watch that kind of stuff even for real sports.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post

true dick, if you want to try and get jungle boy "canceled" or whatever over that promo here's the approach i would take. focus less on the word "bitch" and more on him saying he's "banging" her and by doing so he's sexually objectifying her. i think you'll get more traction with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    He's still treating her like an object even ignoring him calling her a bitch, she's also a heel so why doesn't she ever objectify him? We'll never hear Ann Jay brag she's banging the hottest dude in AEW.
    that's more like it, go get'em little trooper!!

She has merchandise and a catchphrase referencing her ass no guys in AEW have anything similar about their bodies. It gives off Divas era vibes, the men are the serious competitors here to wrestle and the women are eye candy you want to bang. They get enough heat for their shitty handling of the women I don't know why they'd give people more ammunition.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Either that, or an episode of Dark Side of the Ring.
    I'm no expert on Funk's life, but not sure there is enough "dark side" to his life. His dementia was diagnosed in his late 70s, so that may not be attributable so much to his wrestling career. I don't think every wrestler's career warrants a Dark Side of the Ring if it's a fairly typical career. So Funk was hardcore?.. so he had his share of injuries (just like every wrestler)?...I myself don't see the "dark side."
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 07-06-2023 at 05:25 AM.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I'm no expert on Funk's life, but not sure there is enough "dark side" to his life. His dementia was diagnosed in his late 70s, so that may not be attributable so much to his wrestling career. I don't think every wrestler's career warrants a Dark Side of the Ring if it's a fairly typical career. So Funk was hardcore?.. so he had his share of injuries (just like every wrestler)?...I myself don't see the "dark side."
    I think Terry Funk can have a dark side episode if it focuses on him being a hardcore wrestling pioneer and the influence he had on that sector of the business. It could be an celebratory episode of sorts. Kinda like the New Jack episode

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I think Terry Funk can have a dark side episode if it focuses on him being a hardcore wrestling pioneer and the influence he had on that sector of the business. It could be an celebratory episode of sorts. Kinda like the New Jack episode
    Yeah, perhaps. Though the New Jack episode mined some dark stuff like, for example, New Jack losing sight in his right eye, persistent insomnia and headaches, how he wanted to basically kill Grimes in revenge for all that. DSOR requires a certain sufficient accumulation of sufficiently dark stuff IMHO. I think Jack's life, starting with his childhood, had that, the dark stuff, more obviously. Jack's episode almost seemed to subtly imply that or wonder if Jack's traumatic childhood drove or fueled his in-ring brutality and recklessness.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 07-06-2023 at 09:46 AM.