Page 686 of 902 FirstFirst ... 186586636676682683684685686687688689690696736786 ... LastLast
Results 10,276 to 10,290 of 13529
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Sure he would because it's a creative issue not medical wwe put a stop to whatever he was trying to do so he us on leave until they figure out what they are going to do I mean come on you really think they can keep a medical problem a secret this long? With out so much as a Rumer?
    The rumor mill guys don't know what the medical issue is. Keith Lee was out for 5 months after he caught covid and no one knew just how serious it was until he opened up about it.

Bray has had a history of depression and other mental health issues.

Kind of sad to see some fans refuse to acknowledge that as a legitimate health issue.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 07-19-2023 at 08:44 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ex con Dom won his first singles title. All is right in the world

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Regarding AEW's two Saturday shows...I felt Lance Archer vs Orange was underrated, felt FTR vs Jay/Juice overrated. Despite the unpopular protect-Lance finish, I really enjoyed Lance vs Orange. FTR vs Jay/Juice struggled early on at points, was too long and just not good enough (I think Jay/Juice are mostly to blame for it).
    that part. i figure that's mostly my issue though as i don't care enough about ftr or juice to stay interested for that damn long. also the 2 of 3 falls stip didn't seem warranted to me.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Watched the story about Abdullah the Butcher on Darkside of the Ring this morning....

- Abdullah's family members swear he only went to 2nd grade and he can't read that well or write. Mick Foley doesn't know whether to believe it or not as Abby would order off menus it seems at places they went to etc. Plus he made all kinds of money and ran a restaurant as well for years.

- The Mad Man from the Sudan was a great monster. As Mick claims , he was a guy fans feared and just wanted wrestlers to survive against. Due to his insane blood lust and how he didn't seem to feel pain as he bled himself. The bloody battles in WWC against Carlos Colon is showed and we rarely see them on America TV screens. But you can see them covered in blood against each other.

- I had no idea just how big a star Abdullah was in Japan. They show him in commercials , TV and video games. The man was a LEGIT star in Japan. It makes me wonder why Abby just didn't stay in Japan for good instead of traveling territories. He seemingly would have been taken care of there long term.

- The WWF then likely didn't know how to control Abdullah and he likely scared Vince McMahon then. Given the family image of the company then and how Abdullah was the complete different type than that. Either way he got inducted into WWE Hall of Fame in 2011. Terry Funk and Jerry Lawler said some nice things about him.

- Abby has a caretaker now who lives with him as he uses a walker now. She met him back in early 90s as he was helping in a soup kitchen to feed the homeless. The 2 became friends and she didn't know what he did. Her son told her later who he was.

- Hannibal aka Devon N is on there , telling how he caught hep c from Abdullah. The 2 men were close friends and Abdullah even worked for him as he was a promoter. The 2 would have bloody matches against each other.

- Hannibal had a tryout with WWE in 2009 and learned via a blood test done by them he had hep c. So he had to find out how and he had clips where Abby used his razor blades to cut him. Abdullah carries his small blades on his fingers taped to cut himself and others. He of course would bring out the FORK to cut someone bigger if need be. But the razors on his fingers was his primary deal.

The razors were dirty and caused hep c. A blood test confirm that Abdullah has the same rare form of hep c Hannibal had. It took a few years of experimental medicine that cleared his. There is no idea if Abby ever has done that or knows he can.

- Tony Atlas brings up how NO ONE that worked in those days would let Abdullah blad them because it was said that he never changed the razors he used ! So everyone would blad themselves against Abdullah. He also didn;t agree with the lawsuit filed against him as people should know the dangers of working like that etc. (which I partly agree...if your gonna bleed and do that....you have to know the dangers. Ask Nigel McGuiness bout bleeding and how it impacted his career)

- Hugo Sanovich (a WWC manager) who managed Abdullah in Puerto Rico claims no one ever got sick or anything from blood baths he knows of.

- In the end its really left as a question mark....did Abdullah really not know how to read ? His caretaker claims he can't as does his family. The caretaker also showed pics of his home in bad shape and claims he doesn't have money to fix it. Abby claims he knew how to make money , he just wished he knew how to manage it.

-

- My biggest fault is ...the show skips over the WCW run beyond a small clip or 2. The 1990s is completely skipped. I would have liked to see what he did after the 1980s in World Class , Japan and WWC.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    that part. i figure that's mostly my issue though as i don't care enough about ftr or juice to stay interested for that damn long. also the 2 of 3 falls stip didn't seem warranted to me.
    Once you know it's best 2 out of 3, you know the match will run long. And this one was quite entertaining.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Once you know it's best 2 out of 3, you know the match will run long. And this one was quite entertaining.
    Over the years I've seen a number of 10-25 minute 2 of 3 falls tag matches, so that's not exactly some clear expectation.

https://www.cagematch.net/?id=1&nr=1765
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Seth Rollins said that the actor and writer strike will draw new fans to WWE

https://www.tmz.com/2023/07/19/seth-...adid=social-tw

This is the hill you want to die on Seth?

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I think he could possibly be right, but it would be the same for AEW as well.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

With no scripted TV .... reality TV type fare like pro wrestling is the only things there.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

The rumor mill guys don't know what the medical issue is. Keith Lee was out for 5 months after he caught covid and no one knew just how serious it was until he opened up about it.
    They didn't know how bad it was but they new what the medical issue was with bry I haven't heard anything.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Bray has had a history of depression and other mental health issues.

Kind of sad to see some fans refuse to acknowledge that as a legitimate health issue.
    I think wrestling fans of all people understand mental health depression as a issue.

https://www.tmz.com/2023/07/19/seth-...adid=social-tw

This is the hill you want to die on Seth?
    Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I think he could possibly be right, but it would be the same for AEW as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    With no scripted TV .... reality TV type fare like pro wrestling is the only things there.
    Believe it or not, we're in a wrestling boom period. Merch, ticket sales, gates, TV rites, YouTube hits, PPV sales, ad revenue ... Every metric but one is at the highest it has ever been since the height of the WCW/WWF boom, except one.

TV ratings are way down.

With a second company doing things we haven't seen since the days of when WCW was #2 ... This double strike is perfect for WWE, AEW, NWA, NJPW, etc. To shore up the lone weak area.

It might actually not be a bad thought.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

It isn't what any of us who support the writers and actors would want to happen, but it probably is what will happen.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    It isn't what any of us who support the writers and actors would want to happen, but it probably is what will happen.
    What's fascinating is YouTube Trends shows AEW capturing the "lost" WWE fans ages 40+, WWE holding a steady fan base, and places like NWA and Impact grabbing the "never watch wrestling" crowd.