Page 714 of 902 FirstFirst ... 214614664704710711712713714715716717718724764814 ... LastLast
Results 10,696 to 10,710 of 13529

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I like squash matches. It's fun to see someone get beat effortlessly.

Roman is part time. He doesn't even wrestle on TV so he can't get squashes. Tozawa didn't get squashed because LA's presence at ring distracted the Miz the whole match. He was seeing through Tozawa and it screwed him.

I don't watch NXT so I can't say anything about it.
    Squashes work when it's local enhancement talent or talent really low on the roster designated to be jobbers like Brooklyn Brawler or Gillberg. Natalya, Indi and Candice don't fit either of those groups. Gunther is full-time and doesn't have short matches makes no sense for Rhea who's a much bigger star to be doing them. An occasional squash is fine but they make up 90% of her main roster matches and it's so freaking boring and helps nobody involved.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post

another podcaster brought up how joey matthews face got destroyed in a ladder match, so anybody that wants to use a ladder is an idiot.

Yes ladders can be dangerous in spots in wrestling. Remember the idiot spot with Dante Martin months earlier ? Yep... they can be dangerous with how they are used in matches.

I did like Dutch Mantell's joking about this.

This is was basically what he said nearly. "I could see a booker going Dutch , were gonna have you thrown face 1st through that glass tonight. I'd be like , real glass ? Why not the fake glass instead ? After I refuse to do it I could see dirt sheets going ....tonight at the tapings Dutch Mantell refused to put his face through real glass in a match."
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

We may joke about Al Snow but he literally in this shows why he's teaching young men and women in Ohio Valley Wrestling now. In fact Snow in a sense breaks down the story telling aspect.

- Snow brings up how the entire part of this from a story telling part in the match makes no sense in this match. That Penta is up on the ladder and he could just turn back where Dante is and pluck down the titles. BOOM match over because the objective is to win the titles. Snow brings up how he could see Dante being a pest and going up at him repeatedly to stop him and then Penta is like , I gotta take this sob out !

- He also could see a situation that during the match if Dante had done something so bad to Penta , he is angry and decides its time for revenge ...then yes. But the spot alone is just thrown in for a momentary moment. Which helps no one here because the people will forget it in time.

In all professor Al Snow teaching basics.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    Squashes work when it's local enhancement talent or talent really low on the roster designated to be jobbers like Brooklyn Brawler or Gillberg. Natalya, Indi and Candice don't fit either of those groups. Gunther is full-time and doesn't have short matches makes no sense for Rhea who's a much bigger star to be doing them. An occasional squash is fine but they make up 90% of her main roster matches and it's so freaking boring and helps nobody involved.
    I did say I had an issue with Candice being on the receiving end.

Rhea wrestles more often than Gunther does. Gunther is booked as an attraction as his singles matches are more spread out compared to other full time guys. The company must be grooming him to be their new final boss to succeed Lesnar.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Yes ladders can be dangerous in spots in wrestling. Remember the idiot spot with Dante Martin months earlier ? Yep... they can be dangerous with how they are used in matches.

I did like Dutch Mantell's joking about this.

This is was basically what he said nearly. "I could see a booker going Dutch , were gonna have you thrown face 1st through that glass tonight. I'd be like , real glass ? Why not the fake glass instead ? After I refuse to do it I could see dirt sheets going ....tonight at the tapings Dutch Mantell refused to put his face through real glass in a match."
    drops kicks are dangerous too, look at these idiots

they could've just done a clothesline spot for the same effect but wanted to be flashy instead.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    We may joke about Al Snow but he literally in this shows why he's teaching young men and women in Ohio Valley Wrestling now. In fact Snow in a sense breaks down the story telling aspect.

- Snow brings up how the entire part of this from a story telling part in the match makes no sense in this match. That Penta is up on the ladder and he could just turn back where Dante is and pluck down the titles. BOOM match over because the objective is to win the titles. Snow brings up how he could see Dante being a pest and going up at him repeatedly to stop him and then Penta is like , I gotta take this sob out !

- He also could see a situation that during the match if Dante had done something so bad to Penta , he is angry and decides its time for revenge ...then yes. But the spot alone is just thrown in for a momentary moment. Which helps no one here because the people will forget it in time.

In all professor Al Snow teaching basics.
    wow, an old guy talking about what's wrong with wrestling today. i hope al has a podcast, that's what the world needs.

shit. guess they could just plug in komander or bandido.
    Bandido is injured.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Eddie Kingston is a treasure. He took a promo about Fight Forever into wanting to fight Claudio.

https://twitter.com/DrainBamager/sta...75837913444436

wow, an old guy talking about what's wrong with wrestling today. i hope al has a podcast, that's what the world needs.
    And you notice how you didn't really refute anything Snow laid down there right ? Because he's literally teaching a class on psychology and story telling in matches here. Snow I forgot brings up how Jeff Hardy did an insane ladder bump on Edge at a Wrestlemania. And he could have done the same deal too and he brought it up to someone then.

But I can see why you wouldn't wanna watch this. Al Snow of all people is talking about telling a story in ring and well...its Al Snow doing this. The guy who carried a plastic head around and got over more for that.

RIP Terry Funk. Here's to another retirement match up in heaven

I so wanted the WWE to do a special on Funk while he was here. RIP....

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    The 3 hour Raw only had 2 women's matches which both combined for 2 minutes in total, why doesn't anybody ITT seem to have a problem with that? We've gone back to the fucking Divas era and nobody says anything about it, are you all just cool with that? Some of you tried to defend Triple H in the past but it's been a year since he took over. The women have never gotten a ton of spotlight under his watch because he doesn't care about women's wrestling.

The proof is in the pudding. Their matches and segments constantly get cut or drastically shortened, they get less matches in general, never main event anything and most of the women he rehired are MIA. Where the hell are Emma and Tegan Nox? What was the point in bringing them back? They're not even used on Raw as jobbers they're permanent fixtures in catering and Main Event which nobody watches.
    Ya remember all those people saying how HHH was going to change things and how different Raw was going to be plan and simple he ran wwe like NXT just ok at best.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Ya remember all those people saying how HHH was going to change things and how different Raw was going to be plan and simple he ran wwe like NXT just ok at best.
    Ratings have been down on both Raw and Smackdown. What is the main cause? HHH booking?

Hey Super, did you know that Stevie Richards has a youtube channel? He started one a month ago. He does match analysis videos.

https://www.youtube.com/@StevieRichardsWrestling/videos

I saw the goldberg one. I never realized how sloppy Goldberg's execution of the move was.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Hey Super, did you know that Stevie Richards has a youtube channel? He started one a month ago. He does match analysis videos.

https://www.youtube.com/@StevieRichardsWrestling/videos

I saw the goldberg one. I never realized how sloppy Goldberg's execution of the move was.
    I know he's done some shoot interviews. Glad he's up and around. Months ago he had surgery and was using a walker in a photo.