Page 74 of 902 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124174574 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 13529

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The company took it's sweet time with that one.
    The type and level of allegations had to 1000% verified because if WWE is even wrong about one, they will get blown up in court for discriminating an employee.

I am dealing with a similar situation at work with an enby.

You have to tread carefully.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member

The theory I saw was that they just ran the contract out

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

I had no idea Drake Wuertz had gone that nuts. A number of people in WWE/NXT share his crazy beliefs but it seems like Wuertz stuff was effecting his job and creating a toxic environment for the fellow employees.

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    Drake's most recent actions show he's far from a good person. Even beyond what's been mentioned, there's walking out of a Takover show after HHH's inclusive speech mentioned all religions. The guy is anti-vaxx, covid denying, racist, and a bigot.
    so i've heard. my post was based on shoot interviews that took place before he got hired at nxt, not just with him but when other wrestlers would speak of him. he just seemed like a guy who straightened out his life and was very dedicated to his family.

anti-vax, covid denying is one thing, the racist bigot part is the part that surprises/saddens me.

Ultimate Member

It's like Trump Presidency and the subsequent covid-19 pandemic has unleashed the "demon" in a lot of people.

Even people that we thought were "sweet hearts" like Rick Schroeder are conspiracy theory peddling, bullying, belligerent nuts.

I'm not really surprised that Drake Wuertz is one of these weirdos the part that troubles me is him making the work environment unsafe.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    I had no idea Drake Wuertz had gone that nuts. A number of people in WWE/NXT share his crazy beliefs but it seems like Wuertz stuff was effecting his job and creating a toxic environment for the fellow employees.
    Yes, its one thing to have such a toxic mindset at home...another if you have it affecting your work and you help create a environment that is not good.
    And especially if its a company like the WWE that is putting a lot of effort into wanting people to see them as a super progressive on all accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkViKing View Post
    Yes, its one thing to have such a toxic mindset at home...another if you have it affecting your work and you help create a environment that is not good.
    And especially if its a company like the WWE that is putting a lot of effort into wanting people to see them as a super progressive on all accounts.
    so much so linda stepped down from her post in trumps cabinet(and then became chairwoman of a pro trump super PAC).

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

It's heartbreaking to see Drake letting Qanon destroy him. It let bullshit kill his relationships, reputation and his career. He had one of the few feel good stories in wrestling.

I have to wonder how he and Velvet managed to co-exist in the same locker room. With what Dream has been accused of I would expect Drake to try to murder him

Astonishing Member

funny I was watching Impact in 60 this week and I was reminded just how much talent TNA/Impact had for a while there. Which is funny because now they seem at least to me as not only in another universe from Vince but far behind AEW and ROH talent wise. The skits are funny but the only wrestlers I actually watch are Petey Williams, inventor of the Canadian destroyah, and Kierra Hogan who has potential to be something big and might be better served in ROH because while they aren't doing much with the Women of Honor it just seems like a place where she has a chance to enhance her resume. But back to Impact they were showcasing Drew (Mcintyre/Hawkins) and showing matches/battles with Kenny King, Samoa Joe, Bobby Lashley, Kurt Angle, Davey Richards, around the time when Bobby Roode was there. It reminded me the roster had quite a bit of talent right after the rise of Joe and Jarrett leaving, which makes what they are now so sad. The Tessa Blanchard as World Champ and the whole Dark Allie stuff as well as Broken Matt Hardy were the last gasps at relevance now they are semi Jobbing their company to AEW with the Omega as World Champ crap.

QUOTE=EmeraldGladiator;5549989]funny I was watching Impact in 60 this week and I was reminded just how much talent TNA/Impact had for a while there. Which is funny because now they seem at least to me as not only in another universe from Vince but far behind AEW and ROH talent wise. The skits are funny but the only wrestlers I actually watch are Petey Williams, inventor of the Canadian destroyah, and Kierra Hogan who has potential to be something big and might be better served in ROH because while they aren't doing much with the Women of Honor it just seems like a place where she has a chance to enhance her resume. But back to Impact they were showcasing Drew (Mcintyre/Hawkins) and showing matches/battles with Kenny King, Samoa Joe, Bobby Lashley, Kurt Angle, Davey Richards, around the time when Bobby Roode was there. It reminded me the roster had quite a bit of talent right after the rise of Joe and Jarrett leaving, which makes what they are now so sad. The Tessa Blanchard as World Champ and the whole Dark Allie stuff as well as Broken Matt Hardy were the last gasps at relevance now they are semi Jobbing their company to AEW with the Omega as World Champ crap.[/QUOTE]

I disagree with this I think IP is doing great right now and has good talent and having Omega as champion partnering with AEW us nothing but a good thing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Not every wrestler, male of female, in ROH is going to be a workhorse. They also have wrestlers like PCO, Castle and Danhausen. They all play their role.
    i like it
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, in theory, at least, having different non-WWE companies perfectly willing to crossover with each other is a good thing that could lead to the kind of resurgence to truly disrupt WWE’s stranglehold. Being able to have your roster exposed to each others audiences *should* increase their profile... and the desire in each audience to see

The tricky part, of course, is how exactly you resolve those crossovers so that the “love” gets spread around to each company and roster.

In the crazy “never going to happen” fantasy booking of my mind... you have one large crossover show with as many brands as possible, and make the centerpiece be a “Champion’s Melee”, where each company has one or two representatives with championship gold - *any* championship gold, so you could have Omega enter as the mega heel for multiple members. Winner takes the championship they want and gets a cool “Champion of Champions” trophy alongside a kayfabe prize money, all others are forfeited as the price of entering

Then, you book the match so that each star gets a shining moment, showcase a few moments of one-on-one duels, let Omega be the main heel throughout, but have one of the other promotion guys get the final pinfall in a crazy but impressive way.

Each show resets save the one with the champ... who you could use to build a controlled inter-company feud if he takes a different championship belt with him.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Yeah, in theory, at least, having different non-WWE companies perfectly willing to crossover with each other is a good thing that could lead to the kind of resurgence to truly disrupt WWE’s stranglehold. Being able to have your roster exposed to each others audiences *should* increase their profile... and the desire in each audience to see

The tricky part, of course, is how exactly you resolve those crossovers so that the “love” gets spread around to each company and roster.

In the crazy “never going to happen” fantasy booking of my mind... you have one large crossover show with as many brands as possible, and make the centerpiece be a “Champion’s Melee”, where each company has one or two representatives with championship gold - *any* championship gold, so you could have Omega enter as the mega heel for multiple members. Winner takes the championship they want and gets a cool “Champion of Champions” trophy alongside a kayfabe prize money, all others are forfeited as the price of entering

Then, you book the match so that each star gets a shining moment, showcase a few moments of one-on-one duels, let Omega be the main heel throughout, but have one of the other promotion guys get the final pinfall in a crazy but impressive way.

Each show resets save the one with the champ... who you could use to build a controlled inter-company feud if he takes a different championship belt with him.
    I wonder if Such a Champion's melee would work best with Royal Rumble rules

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I wonder if Such a Champion's melee would work best with Royal Rumble rules
    I actually think that as much as the AEW “Poker Rumble” was messy when first implemented, I think the idea of “waves” of entrants would work best with champions, particularly if they had them enter from different corners.

Imagine if, say, it was something like:

First Wave Champs: The entrants who “paid” with Tag Team belts

Second Wave Champs: The entrants who “paid” with lesser singles championships.

Third Wave Champs: The entrants/entrant entering who “paid” with the top single championship.

If you just had a tournament involving only the belts Kenny holds right now, that would be a crossover battle featuring talent from AEW, AAA, and Impact, and Kenny would be the final boss entering last, who could theoretically have one or two of his supporters still around when he enters.

...And I suppose of you wanted some crazy, unexpected entrant, you could have an “open challenge” match earlier in the evening where some talent unaffiliated with any roster right now enters.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Ultimate Member

I'm now bored to death with both Reigns and Apollo, both champs constantly need someone else to secure themselves the win and it's long since gotten old for the former being champion....