Page 747 of 902 FirstFirst ... 247647697737743744745746747748749750751757797847 ... LastLast
Results 11,191 to 11,205 of 13529

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    This is how I see it, guess-wise, though if I made the PWI 500 I would have MJF and Walter/Gunther ahead of Reigns.

MJF and Walter are my top faves in the business right now. Be a dream match to see them wrestle each other some day. Such different wrestlers, but they capture what I love about it right now. Walter is a lot of a very old school throwback (who can really go in that ring) and MJF is more the sports entertainer (who can also really go in that ring).
    I just have a hard time seeing Reigns not being #1 in kayfabe. Look at his reign still going. Bloodline is THE storyline. Wouldn't be surprised if Gunther hopped MJF, either, but Roman's lack of matches and ring work are the only things holding him back from Gunther or MJF hopping him. I wouldn't be surprised if MJF or Gunther are #1, either, as that would be personal preference but it's not 100% what I want as a top 5. My personal top 5 would look a lot different.

I would go further than you and say BOTH MJF and Gunther are old school in ring work, making them standout against a sea of spot monkeys and puro strikers.

It still blows my mind that Gha-cha-ping of Z-1 broke the HTM's IC record.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 09-08-2023 at 08:21 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Gable Stevenson has been removed from the NXT roster

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    PWI 500 is out next week.

Here's my guesses for top 5:

MEN
    5. Orange Cassidy
    4. Kazuchika Okada
    3. Gunther
    2. MJF
    1. Roman Reigns

WOMEN
    5. Mercedes Moné
    4. Giulia
    3. Jade Cardgill
    2. Bianca Belair
    1. Toni Storm

I think The Indietaker Matt Cardona, FTR Bald, Mox, El Hijo Del Vikingo, and FTR Gun Nut round out the top 10 for men. While Syuri, Becky Lynch, Britt Baker, Dakota Kai, and Iyo Sky make the top 10 for women.

Dark horse picks:
    Bayley, Charlotte Flair, Jordynne Grace, and Miyu Yamashita.
    Jay White, Seth Rollins, Will Osprey, and Claudio Castagnoli.

What are yours? Remember it's kayfabe from 7/1/22 - 6/30/23 or thereabouts. They generally consider wins/losses, championships won, quality of competition, storylines/fued quality, level within the wrestler's promotion(s), and overall wrestling ability.
    No love for WWE women?
    I would put Iyo and Rhea as top 5 and take out Bianca. I have no idea what Sasha has done except show up at a PPV a few weeks ago. The other 2, not sure wither but I know Toni and Jade are both pretty good workers, but I am not knowledgable of their storylines, except Toni seems to be the whipping girl in the womens division...

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    It's been a LONG time since WWE created a 5Star heel. Someone that just oozes pain. I thought they had it with Rusev(They actually did but fu#$#d that up). I initially HATED Gunther but have grown to admire him and happy he is doing so well. His Brawls with Shamus, the RR him hanging with wrestlers and brawling with brawlers has solidified him as a top notch star and he is not bad on the mic.
    Now to get him the World Title...
    Don't think Gunther can truly be called a heel. He is beating people clean. If he isn't already he will soon be a face

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    Don't think Gunther can truly be called a heel. He is beating people clean. If he isn't already he will soon be a face
    Imperium has helped him out on many an occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    No love for WWE women?
    I would put Iyo and Rhea as top 5 and take out Bianca. I have no idea what Sasha has done except show up at a PPV a few weeks ago. The other 2, not sure wither but I know Toni and Jade are both pretty good workers, but I am not knowledgable of their storylines, except Toni seems to be the whipping girl in the womens division...
    WWE women have been booked shitty from July last year to June this year but good call on Rhea, I forgot about her. Slot her in my number 2 and drop Bayley out my dark horse/top 10. TBF, I still have 5-6 WWE women taking shots in the top 10.

Moné was champ last year, that PPV appearance doesn't count for this block of PWI 500.

Toni was champ and top storyline worker in AEW, so maybe Hayter gets in the top 10, too in that regard.

Jade was undefeated champ and the women's star of Rampage during that timeframe.
    Heels can win clean, too.

Monster heels often do.

Technical heels used to as well.

I think the WWE audience is too conditioned to heels can only win by chicken **** tactics (AKA the Flair heel), so Gunther is hard to reconcile as a full villain. Plus he's got the cool heel thing going for him, too. I think people want to cheer him, as well.

Both Harts used to cheat to win and then unload clean technical masterpieces in the blow offs. Played up their smugness. "We cheated but didn't need to beat you anyway." Great times.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 09-08-2023 at 10:08 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Here is something about potential and how Maven was told about it a few times before he was fired by WWE at age 29.

Maven felt he was in a good spot as a New heel aligned with Simon Dean. He seemed to ignore Johnny Ace who kept telling him at times he needed to get in the ring and work. That guy's were doing it and gonna pass him. Finally Ace made the usual call to a talent then.

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Heels can win clean, too.

Monster heels often do.

Technical heels used to as well.

I think the WWE audience is too conditioned to heels can only win by chicken **** tactics (AKA the Flair heel), so Gunther is hard to reconcile as a full villain. Plus he's got the cool heel thing going for him, too. I think people want to cheer him, as well.

Both Harts used to cheat to win and then unload clean technical masterpieces in the blow offs. Played up their smugness. "We cheated but didn't need to beat you anyway." Great times.
    Yes but monster heels that start winning clean usually become faces ala Bret and Austin and I believe Gunther will eventually be a face

Huh? There's lots of heels who beat people clean and they ate still heels Gunther is not a face

Yes but monster heels that start winning clean usually become faces ala Bret and Austin and I believe Gunther will eventually be a face
    Gunther will remain a heel as long as he remains a massive hypocrite.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    i dont get where this comes from. jack is hella talented and has potential.

this just looks like eric still be a bitter old man.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i dont get where this comes from. jack is hella talented and has potential.

this just looks like eric still be a bitter old man.
    Jack is talented but I have reservations of him being a guy to build a company around. He's not all there for that kind of expectation.

Velvet Skye announced she is leaving the NWA. She had been an announcer there since 2017 when she retired from wrestling. Skye will be part of Impacts 1000th episode and be in Angelina Love's corner.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Jack is talented but I have reservations of him being a guy to build a company around. He's not all there for that kind of expectation.
    As I posted he's a long way from it. He has to mentally get his head in game behind the scenes and on TV. He's 26 so he has time but he hopefully learns from the ass kicking he took and the suspension.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

i never said he was. i just said he had potential. what that potential is? we will have to wait and see, like any young talent.