Page 748 of 902 FirstFirst ... 248648698738744745746747748749750751752758798848 ... LastLast
Results 11,206 to 11,220 of 13529
    Astonishing Member

To be frank, I have a hard time taking seriously the opinion of the guy who gave Steve Austin to the WWE.

Jack was an ass but trying say he cost AEW CM Punk is ludicrous. Punk did that all on his own. The suspension is enough.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    To be frank, I have a hard time taking seriously the opinion of the guy who gave Steve Austin to the WWE.

Jack was an ass but trying say he cost AEW CM Punk is ludicrous. Punk did that all on his own. The suspension is enough.
    He had a hand in that. I mean without the yelling into the TV to dig at Punk...this doesn't happen. Especially after it was 2-3 weeks ago. So he did play a part in that. Plus it's not only Bischoff who said fire em both...Dutch Mantell echoed the same deal days earlier.

If he's sticking you hope he grows up from it. Orton did as we saw.

Edit : Bischoff let Mick Foley, HHH and Chris Jericho go. In cases he didn't see what they'd become down the line.

The same holds true for Bill Watts...he once fired Undertaker saying he'd never draw a dime.

Vince himself missed the mark on Christian and a young AJ Styles too. It happens
    Last edited by SUPERECWFAN1; 09-08-2023 at 02:55 PM.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post

hopefully, like sammy, he will learn from this and keep his nose clean. but that's up to him.

again, it just sounds like eric is pissy because TK didn't wanna hire him full time. well that what happens when you nearly destroy an entire company, along with two other people who shouldn't have been trusted like that.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post

Vince himself missed the mark on Christian and a young AJ Styles too. It happens
    They are under 6'5 and 275. Of course he missed the mark...

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    They are under 6'5 and 275. Of course he missed the mark...
    He once mocked how ugly Christian's face was. Which killed his push in 2005. Christian saw the writing on Wall and went to TNA and had a solid run.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

He had a hand in that. I mean without the yelling into the TV to dig at Punk...this doesn't happen. Especially after it was 2-3 weeks ago. So he did play a part in that. Plus it's not only Bischoff who said fire em both...Dutch Mantell echoed the same deal days earlier.

If he's sticking you hope he grows up from it. Orton did as we saw.

Edit : Bischoff let Mick Foley, HHH and Chris Jericho go. In cases he didn't see what they'd become down the line.

The same holds true for Bill Watts...he once fired Undertaker saying he'd never draw a dime.

Punk was going to blow a gasket on someone eventually.

He always does everywhere he goes.

Does not excuse his behavior.

"Teacher, he's sticking his tongue at me!" And responding with a cheap shot and blindsided choke is not a reasonable response.

Punk needs to fix his Jesus complex with some therapy.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

"Teacher, he's sticking his tongue at me!" And responding with a cheap shot and blindsided choke is not a reasonable response.

Or...

"Teacher he just mocked my family now..." after Teacher refuses to discipline student beyond going No No...don't do that again.

Being a kid in school way back if someone pushed you into a fight ...you fought.

Yes it's true Punk went too far with Tony Khan. That isn't at all acceptable. Buy if someone pushes you into a fight situation...well they aren't innocent here. Jack needs to grow up and hopefully he does.

at my old job, there was this guy i worked with named conrad. he came off like he knew everything about that job but i realized that he talked out of his ass 90% of the time. one time, we were setting up for a concert and we needed some rails for the seating. i went to where we normally stored them but they were missing. so i went to my bosses, brad and brett, and asked them where they were. they asked me if i looked in the storage where we normally kept them. no dice. they were just gone. so i went back to the bowl and told conrad that the rails were missing. he asked me if i looked in storage. i said yes. he said i didn't look hard enough. i told him i spent the last 30 minutes looking with both brad and brett and we couldn't find them. he then looked at me like i was stupid and said "you just didnt look hard enough". then i lost my temper because he insulted my intelligence. i yelled at him for that but i just left the bowl and calmed down. i came back and i told him "just because you've worked him longer than me, doesn't give you the right to insult my intelligence".

point is, we had a beef and yeah, i lost my temper. but i didn't touch him or threaten to kick his ass or take my anger out on my bosses. i handled it like an adult and didnt resort to violence.

punk didn't start this mess but he didn't handle it like an adult. he handled it like a child and paid for it with his job.

Or...

"Teacher he just mocked my family now..." after Teacher refuses to discipline student beyond going No No...don't do that again.

Being a kid in school way back if someone pushed you into a fight ...you fought.

Yes it's true Punk went too far with Tony Khan. That isn't at all acceptable. Buy if someone pushes you into a fight situation...well they aren't innocent here. Jack needs to grow up and hopefully he does.
    Welcome to 2023 where that mindset gets you fired.

Play childish games, get childish prizes.

Case in point... ^^^
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

An assistant editor at Forbes has valued AEW at $2 billion

https://vxtwitter.com/WrestleOps/sta...AEbWzxo4w&s=19

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i never said he was. i just said he had potential. what that potential is? we will have to wait and see, like any young talent.
    I doubt he would have been named a "pillar" if he didn't have company building potential on him. Personally I don't see it. Not when guys like Ricky Starks and Swerve are on the same roster and have more to offer

Punk's lawyer sent AEW a legal letter, canceling the meeting before All In. It stated violation of the disciplinary process because the Bucks talked negatively about the other party in public. Punk would not be willing to meet till that was addressed.

The alleged incident was over a BTE skit referencing a storyline that Dumb Buck blew an endorsement deal about 4-5 years ago.

Also, allegedly when you're released from cause in AEW, your non-compete is 1 year (similar to the Havok situation) and seems to be even broader than WWE's non-compete.

Both these tidbits are coming from the pot stirring duo of Alvarez and DA MELTZ.

Case in point... ^^^
    Or...gets you suspended indefinitely in Jack's case with folks calling for you to be fired too. It takes 2 to tango here. Jack may come back or he may not. But at 26 he has time to grow up. Punk is 45 and gonna be set this way forever. Perry has time to learn and grow.

Its just...will he ?

Case in point... ^^^
    that's a very childish POV to have. (super's, not yours.) if using what happened to me as an example, then i should've punched conrad out for basically calling me stupid. screw losing my job. i gotta make him respect me with violence.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I doubt he would have been named a "pillar" if he didn't have company building potential on him. Personally I don't see it. Not when guys like Ricky Starks and Swerve are on the same roster and have more to offer
    different strokes. i'm not gonna make you like him. my point is eric just sounds bitter so he's biased on anything when it comes to AEW. i mean, he did try to push his son in TNA. and we saw how well that worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    at my old job, there was this guy i worked with named conrad. he came off like he knew everything about that job but i realized that he talked out of his ass 90% of the time. one time, we were setting up for a concert and we needed some rails for the seating. i went to where we normally stored them but they were missing. so i went to my bosses, brad and brett, and asked them where they were. they asked me if i looked in the storage where we normally kept them. no dice. they were just gone. so i went back to the bowl and told conrad that the rails were missing. he asked me if i looked in storage. i said yes. he said i didn't look hard enough. i told him i spent the last 30 minutes looking with both brad and brett and we couldn't find them. he then looked at me like i was stupid and said "you just didnt look hard enough". then i lost my temper because he insulted my intelligence. i yelled at him for that but i just left the bowl and calmed down. i came back and i told him "just because you've worked him longer than me, doesn't give you the right to insult my intelligence".

point is, we had a beef and yeah, i lost my temper. but i didn't touch him or threaten to kick his ass or take my anger out on my bosses. i handled it like an adult and didnt resort to violence.

punk didn't start this mess but he didn't handle it like an adult. he handled it like a child and paid for it with his job.
    Nice story. Of course my question is....why not ask Conrad to help you look ? He seems to believe these rails were there weirdly. Even after 2 bosses didn't find them.

Maybe Conrad had spent years dealing with these situations and younger guys and bosses not knowing the storage area like he did. Did Conrad look later ? Did anyone find the rails ?