Page 75 of 902 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125175575 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 13529

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I'm now bored to death with both Reigns and Apollo, both champs constantly need someone else to secure themselves the win and it's long since gotten old for the former being champion....
    Why Edge didn't go over reigns at WM I'll never know.

I'm now bored to death with both Reigns and Apollo, both champs constantly need someone else to secure themselves the win and it's long since gotten old for the former being champion....
    Smackdown is very stale right now... Reigns I am the head of the table, blah blah blah, Seth Rollins still doing his messiah stick, Apollo whole thing is just goofy. lol

Extraordinary Member

So you're just ignoring the fact that Reigns won with no interference less than a week ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It's heartbreaking to see Drake letting Qanon destroy him. It let bullshit kill his relationships, reputation and his career. He had one of the few feel good stories in wrestling.

I have to wonder how he and Velvet managed to co-exist in the same locker room. With what Dream has been accused of I would expect Drake to try to murder him
    word. it's the racist stuff that really shocks me because you don't usually learn that stuff late in life(i'm just taking the posters word, haven't looked into it), the Q stuff is sad but not so much shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    funny I was watching Impact in 60 this week and I was reminded just how much talent TNA/Impact had for a while there. Which is funny because now they seem at least to me as not only in another universe from Vince but far behind AEW and ROH talent wise. The skits are funny but the only wrestlers I actually watch are Petey Williams, inventor of the Canadian destroyah, and Kierra Hogan who has potential to be something big and might be better served in ROH because while they aren't doing much with the Women of Honor it just seems like a place where she has a chance to enhance her resume. But back to Impact they were showcasing Drew (Mcintyre/Hawkins) and showing matches/battles with Kenny King, Samoa Joe, Bobby Lashley, Kurt Angle, Davey Richards, around the time when Bobby Roode was there. It reminded me the roster had quite a bit of talent right after the rise of Joe and Jarrett leaving, which makes what they are now so sad. The Tessa Blanchard as World Champ and the whole Dark Allie stuff as well as Broken Matt Hardy were the last gasps at relevance now they are semi Jobbing their company to AEW with the Omega as World Champ crap.
    the talent to watch is(alphabetically)
    black taurus(crazy agile for his size)
    chris bey(don't let bootleg kofi look fool you)
    eddie edwards(still good in the ring not much character though)
    eric young(good but injured)
    jake something(new breed of agile HW's)
    james storm(still good)
    joe doering(former AJPW triple crown champion)
    josh alexander(great worker)
    karl anderson(grat singles wrestler)
    mcmg(still great as long as they can stay healthy)
    rich swan(really good just not main event imo)
    sami callihan(not as what he once was but still)
    TJP(great in the ring)
    trey miguel(great underdog babyface)
    willie mack(great in the ring)
    most of the KO's are at least worth watching

the talents are there, a lot are just miscast.
    they got the x-division title on alexander and tag title on doering but he and doering should've been built up for the main event already. willie mack could be the new samoa joe in a crazy x-division but instead they use him as fodder for swann. taurus is being wasted in a shitty stable with crazy steve, jordyn grace is doing a losing streak story, etc etc

they don't have much leverage with aew, they have little to nothing to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I disagree with this I think IP is doing great right now and has good talent and having Omega as champion partnering with AEW us nothing but a good thing.
    i think impact has taken a big dip in quality from around the time tessa left and the lucha underground guys left. not saying it's related as i wasn't a big fan of tessa but still that's the timestamp.

there is no xcuse for their x-division not be totally rocking right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    So you're just ignoring the fact that Reigns won with no interference less than a week ago?
    and all the other times too i guess. roman wins clean more than a lot of the faces.

heard davey richards is making a come back, going to wrestle for MLW.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 05-22-2021 at 12:42 AM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    word. it's the racist stuff that really shocks me because you don't usually learn that stuff late in life(i'm just taking the posters word, haven't looked into it), the Q stuff is sad but not so much shocking.

I don't know where the racist claims come from. Fightful reports don't mention any racism. The zoom videos of the town meetings he intends have no racist rhetoric in them. Just the typical conspiracy theory bulshit

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    No but saying that the lions share of his wins over the past several months have been with "help" ...

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Yeah, heels cheat to win. That's literally the backbone of the business. What an inane thing to complain about.

Ultimate Member

Not if it's like the predominant way that they win for months...

Extraordinary Member

Heels can cheat and play dirty in different ways.

Monster Heels, for instance, tend to have their physicality emphasized as being formidable even if they weren’t the badguy, so they’re cheating is more like cruel before-and-after match beatdowns, illegal but unassisted blows and attacks, and ignoring the Ref and attacking with big, obviously illegal objects like stairs or tables.

**** heels are supposed to seem like they’re win records are entirely founded only on their cheating, and that they wouldn’t be able to win without them.

And of course, occasionally there’s “worthy opponent” heels who are still the “bad guys” but in a light enough sense that they can supply an entirely clean (or close to it) match and still be hated.
    Last edited by godisawesome; 05-22-2021 at 03:36 PM.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Not if it's like the predominant way that they win for months...
    That doesn't change what he said.

Ultimate Member

Again I never said that was how he won EVERY match, only most, so I wasn't wrong...

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

And again, it's how the business has functioned for *decades* and therefore is a really inane thing to complain about.

Ultimate Member

Again I wasn't expecting the business to change any at all, just saying that I was beyond bored with Roman winning over and over again and how...

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I don't know where the racist claims come from. Fightful reports don't mention any racism. The zoom videos of the town meetings he intends have no racist rhetoric in them. Just the typical conspiracy theory bulshit
    There are reports he stormed out of a talent meeting that HHH held where it was said wwe needs to respect all races and religions

Astonishing Member
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player