Page 750 of 902 FirstFirst ... 250650700740746747748749750751752753754760800850 ... LastLast
Results 11,236 to 11,250 of 13529
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Rob being in WWE doghouse is like old times.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Rumored WrestleDream main events are Mox vs. Okada or Bryan Danielson Vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i never said he was. i just said he had potential. what that potential is? we will have to wait and see, like any young talent.
    you know who had potential??

now this kid didn't coast off his daddy's name but instead EARNED his spot with a TON of talent and understanding the fundamentals of the business. what ever happened to him??

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Punk was going to blow a gasket on someone eventually.

He always does everywhere he goes.

Does not excuse his behavior.

"Teacher, he's sticking his tongue at me!" And responding with a cheap shot and blindsided choke is not a reasonable response.

Punk needs to fix his Jesus complex with some therapy.
    xactly. when my son was in school if he got in a fight because somebody pushed or hit him(his guillotine is better than punks btw) i would not punish him at home. if he hit and or choked(especially) somebody because they made comments he didn't like he'd get punished at home AND at his jiu jitsu school.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Or...

"Teacher he just mocked my family now..." after Teacher refuses to discipline student beyond going No No...don't do that again.

Being a kid in school way back if someone pushed you into a fight ...you fought.

Yes it's true Punk went too far with Tony Khan. That isn't at all acceptable. Buy if someone pushes you into a fight situation...well they aren't innocent here. Jack needs to grow up and hopefully he does.
    he went too far with jungle boy too. i don't think you understand what being "pushed into a fight" means. i would xplain if i didn't know it was a waste of time.

they're both immature(i've always said that about punk), however perry is in his 20's. you're boy is 45.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I doubt he would have been named a "pillar" if he didn't have company building potential on him. Personally I don't see it. Not when guys like Ricky Starks and Swerve are on the same roster and have more to offer
    the "pillar" thing is a WERK. it's something mjf came up with in a promo that fans & tk(fukn mark) ran with.

Rumored WrestleDream main events are Mox vs. Okada or Bryan Danielson Vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
    sounds good

Garrett would have been better served not working for his dad in TNA. Being trained in OVW and going there. Nepotism has always been a big issue. Watts pushed Erik too soon and as Jim Ross said...he should have worked indies at least a year or 2 coming in.

You can say the only case it worked is in World Class. Fritz sons were big over and the audience loved them. Shame how that went.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

There was also Greg Gagne who Verne would push on TV for years. There was a story Verne wanted to make Greg , AWA World Champion but the partners was like hell no.

But the most infamous one that nearly every old timer seems to point at involved George Gulus. This would create the Memphis territory headlined by Jerry Lawler.

Nick Gulus ran Tennessee then. His son George was tried as a referee and then an announced. By a lot of reports...George was terrible. His accent was too thick so not many could understand him. Plus he had no charisma or a look.

His dad however began pushing him insane. Wanting him to be on top of the territory. The crowds wanted Lawler. Jerry Jarrett and Lawler broke away from Nick Gulus and took over half territory. Within a couple years Nick Gulus killed his business by putting his son on top and Lawler and Jarrett won.

Garrett would have been better served not working for his dad in TNA. Being trained in OVW and going there. Nepotism has always been a big issue. Watts pushed Erik too soon and as Jim Ross said...he should have worked indies at least a year or 2 coming in.

You can say the only case it worked is in World Class. Fritz sons were big over and the audience loved them. Shame how that went.
    even if he did, and found success on the indy scene it wouldn't stop some carny jackoff from saying "he's only there because of his dad"

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    even if he did, and found success on the indy scene it wouldn't stop some carny jackoff from saying "he's only there because of his dad"
    Which is true. Jeff Jarrett got that as well. Which Jeff admitted I believe was true. But his dad needed help there. Plus I think Jerry was smart in a way. He never tried to be his son on top of territory. He won the USWA World title only 3 times from 1993 to 1995. His longest reign was only 95 days

so with everyone encouraging tk to start laying down the law, shouldn't ftr face some consequences for their punk signaling during their entrance??

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Punk's lawyer sent AEW a legal letter, canceling the meeting before All In. It stated violation of the disciplinary process because the Bucks talked negatively about the other party in public. Punk would not be willing to meet till that was addressed.

The alleged incident was over a BTE skit referencing a storyline that Dumb Buck blew an endorsement deal about 4-5 years ago.

Also, allegedly when you're released from cause in AEW, your non-compete is 1 year (similar to the Havok situation) and seems to be even broader than WWE's non-compete.

Both these tidbits are coming from the pot stirring duo of Alvarez and DA MELTZ.
    They also mentioned the bucks at a condition for a sit down with punk. Apparently he needed to go without incident for 6 months before they could have a sit down. That makes AEW sound like the nuclear power plant from the Simpsons

Well this just happened....starting to possibly tease what could be ahead. Heyman inking LA Knight.....YEAH.

According to Sapp, the reason why WWE held off on pushing LA is because they wanted him on a long term deal before giving him one. Which kinda crazy as he still has a year left on his current deal.

Ultimate Member

Well they allow Roman to wrestle only like a few times a year so they're dragging their feet. Then again the last thing WWE needs is another really long title reign after Roman.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    so with everyone encouraging tk to start laying down the law, shouldn't ftr face some consequences for their punk signaling during their entrance??
    Was it FTR Gun Nut? I get them confused and remember that happening, just don't remember if it was Bald or Gun Nut.

He might be facing some problems depending on his road rage trial.

I suspect they might wait till he's found guilty or not, so it doesn't seem political in nature (like the rumored Steel release).
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    They also mentioned the bucks at a condition for a sit down with punk. Apparently he needed to go without incident for 6 months before they could have a sit down. That makes AEW sound like the nuclear power plant from the Simpsons
    I heard that, too, which came across rather revisionist to me.

Why not leak that back when the suspensions were lifted?
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 09-09-2023 at 10:17 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Lightbulb

Steel seemingly confirmed his release and RVD just had some new media come out with AEW.

Hmmm ...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well they allow Roman to wrestle only like a few times a year so they're dragging their feet. Then again the last thing WWE needs is another really long title reign after Roman.
    Triple H likes long title reigns. I don't expect that to change with whoever it is that dethrones Roman.

According to online...AEW is ending the soft roster split they did for Collision and Dynamite. As they will have stars on both shows now. A big reason they did this could be that AEW on Monday saw the ratings number and what happened.

The show opened and within 2 hours dropped 50% of its audience. So to keep that from happening again they will just have people on both shows.