Page 759 of 902 FirstFirst ... 259659709749755756757758759760761762763769809859 ... LastLast
Results 11,371 to 11,385 of 13529
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    The first round of TKO departures have started: all c-level execs.

WWE side, it's their CFO.

Hilariously I learned in reading about it that HHH is a b-level exec.
    Not a B+ exec?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Stevie Richards went in on everything Nia did wrong on her return

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    I've probably said this already way back but, for all the mockery AEW caught for treating his signing as a big deal, Christian has been absolutely phenomenal.
    Christian has always been excellent.

Not sure how/why WWE missed the mark on him so bad.

Oh wait, now I remember, Vince.
    Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Not a B+ exec?
    Haha, that is indeed why it's funny.

I kinda want to see someone cut a promo on him, "Why am I listening to a B+ player that is now a b-level executive?"

BWAHAHA!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    As much as I'm more pro-AEW currently (and watch WWE only a little, almost entirely on Youtube), we're gonna see more and more of the fairly familiar old pattern of AEW becoming the practice ground for future WWE talent, and AEW, sadly, being the place where seasoned ex-WWE talent come to continue or end their careers. In a way it's a win-win for WWE and AEW, but it also reflects the money disparity at play here, and the exposure disparity.
    A problem I have with AEW when it comes to talent is that Tony likes grab them like they are still a diamond in the rough. With no developmental system in place the potential these talents have end up being squandered more often than not. AEW should let those talents work more indie dates so they can get their reps in or take advantage of their business relationships with New Japan and AAA to send talent on excursion.

The first round of TKO departures have started: all c-level execs.

WWE side, it's their CFO.

Hilariously I learned in reading about it that HHH is a b-level exec.
    That was expected.

PWI 500 is out next week.

Here's my guesses for top 5:

MEN
    5. Orange Cassidy
    4. Kazuchika Okada
    3. Gunther
    2. MJF
    1. Roman Reigns

WOMEN
    5. Mercedes Moné
    4. Giulia
    3. Jade Cardgill
    2. Bianca Belair
    1. Toni Storm

I think The Indietaker Matt Cardona, FTR Bald, Mox, El Hijo Del Vikingo, and FTR Gun Nut round out the top 10 for men. While Syuri, Becky Lynch, Britt Baker, Dakota Kai, and Iyo Sky make the top 10 for women.

Dark horse picks:
    Bayley, Charlotte Flair, Jordynne Grace, and Miyu Yamashita.
    Jay White, Seth Rollins, Will Osprey, and Claudio Castagnoli.

What are yours? Remember it's kayfabe from 7/1/22 - 6/30/23 or thereabouts. They generally consider wins/losses, championships won, quality of competition, storylines/fued quality, level within the wrestler's promotion(s), and overall wrestling ability.
    Well did not see Rollins taking #1. Alexander and Rhodes surprised me as well. Love seeing Vikingo so high!

1. Seth Rollins (WWE)
    2. Roman Reigns (WWE)
    3. Jon Moxley (AEW)
    4. Gunther (WWE)
    5. Vikingo (AAA)
    6. MJF (AEW)
    7. Kazuchika Okada (NJPW)
    8. Orange Cassidy (AEW)
    9. Josh Alexander (Impact)
    10. Cody Rhodes (WWE)

On the women's side, Masha Slamovich took #15 overall (highest of any woman ever), so I expect her to be #1.

Totally forgot about her!

Shield is ruling kayfabe.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    She would be a better fit for WWE than AEW honestly. Charismatic wrestlers don't have a lot of time to flourish in AEW
    But she's female

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    But she's female
    Maybe she will come in and bury Nia. I would love that.

Maybe Nia is going to become part of the Bloodline and a future program vs Judgement Day is being foreshadowed...
    That may be the only reason I would put her in a program with Rhea. And she should in NO WAY get any title.
    Last edited by krazijoe; 09-14-2023 at 01:12 PM.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

A problem I have with AEW when it comes to talent is that Tony likes grab them like they are still a diamond in the rough. With no developmental system in place the potential these talents have end up being squandered more often than not. AEW should let those talents work more indie dates so they can get their reps in or take advantage of their business relationships with New Japan and AAA to send talent on excursion.
    Some fair points. To play devil's advocate, to imagine how Tony might respond, might counterpoint, I imagine Tony might basically say more indie work = increased potential for injuries and also helping competition. As far as NJPW/AAA excursions, we might be assuming they're widely attractive to talent when they're not so much, maybe they're not so attractive to North American talent because they have to leave their family, friends, etc for long periods of time. Japanese talent (maybe even Mexican talent), on the other hand, they're more brought up a wrestling culture where excursions are perhaps more expected and more normal.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 09-14-2023 at 01:45 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Some fair points. To play devil's advocate, to imagine how Tony might respond, might counterpoint, I imagine Tony might basically say more indie work = increased potential for injuries and also helping competition. As far as NJPW/AAA excursions, we might be assuming they're widely attractive to talent when they're not so much, maybe they're not so attractive to North American talent because they have to leave their family, friends, etc for long periods of time. Japanese talent (maybe even Mexican talent), on the other hand, they're more brought up a wrestling culture where excursions are perhaps more expected and more normal.
    With the closure of Dark and Elevation, their version of NXT went away.

TK acknowledged this and is using ROH as a sort of training ground as well as introducing house shows into the mix.

It took the WWE how long to get the PC and NXT off the ground? Mark Henry said it best, TK is having to do everything Vince learned in 40 years with a company that already had all the kinks worked out by his dad. He's had one of the best start ups of any fed ever, so I think he's earned a bit of a break for the learning curve.

Indie reps aren't the answer. If a talent is good enough to to be signed, you need a place to train them and take advantage of that marketability. I love these uper shows as much as the next guy but sending the likes of Jade or Hook off to the indies would be bad when you could have a proving ground. It might work for others but there are just as many that running the indies wouldn't help. And as someone who probably watches the Indy scene more than anything ... it's not ideal to learn for a lot of workers.

Hopefully house shows and a second brand will help but IMHO they need a place like the PC and bring back Elevation.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 09-14-2023 at 02:29 PM.

With the closure of Dark and Elevation, their version of NXT went away.

TK acknowledged this and is using ROH as a sort of training ground as well as introducing house shows into the mix.

It took the WWE how long to get the PC and NXT off the ground? Mark Henry said it best, TK is having to do everything Vince learned in 40 years with a company that already had all the kinks worked out by his dad. He's had one of the best start ups of any fed ever, so I think he's earned a bit of a break for the learning curve.

Indie reps aren't the answer. If a talent is good enough to to be signed, you need a place to train them and take advantage of that marketability. I love these uper shows as much as the next guy but sending the likes of Jade or Hook off to the indies would be bad when you could have a proving ground. It might work for others but there are just as many that running the indies wouldn't help. And as someone who probably watches the Indy scene more than anything ... it's not ideal to learn for a lot of workers.

Hopefully house shows and a second brand will help but IMHO they need a place like the PC and bring back Elevation.
    I thought RoH was going to be their development league...But doesn't seem like they are using it that way.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

It doesn't help Tony that once Regal went back he is there in a big scouting talent role again. Maybe Punk was right in a sense. Regal obviously knows a lot of young talent in AEW and he can give Hunter and Shawn insight on who can work.

Brian Pillman Jr and Jade seem to be 2 he likely interacted with or saw. I suspect there are others.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member

Elias is apparently no longer contracted to WWE

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    It doesn't help Tony that once Regal went back he is there in a big scouting talent role again. Maybe Punk was right in a sense. Regal obviously knows a lot of young talent in AEW and he can give Hunter and Shawn insight on who can work.

Brian Pillman Jr and Jade seem to be 2 he likely interacted with or saw. I suspect there are others.
    The people moving or rumored to move are all Cody's people.

Jade, Starks, Pillman, Vance all trained with Cody.

IIRC Jade went to Cody's school, too.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 09-14-2023 at 07:23 PM.