Page 76 of 902 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126176576 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 13529
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Roman getting a long run is likely the company rumors of Rock wanting to come in and work against him. They have to make Reigns look seriously good with a long good heel run to prepare him for Rock next year. Roman should at least hold the title til Royal Rumble where he can drop it and then work against Rock at Wrestlemania if that is the plan. Give him very long run as champion with beating a lot of top guys.

(Personally if it was me I'd go back to 1 WWE World Championship with Roman...but they are still doing this 2 brand champions deal)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    There are reports he stormed out of a talent meeting that HHH held where it was said wwe needs to respect all races and religions
    It was after the 'all religion' part. Anti-Islam and anti-Arab go hand in hand.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    It was after the 'all religion' part. Anti-Islam and anti-Arab go hand in hand.
    You know who really hates Arabs, it surprised me when I found out about five years ago, Persians. Boy oh boy, do Arabs and Persians (meaning mainly Iranians if we are going by percentage of nationality) hate each other both for historical and religious reasons. I once allowed several of my Arab & Persian students to have an after-class debate about Middle East history, big mistake on my part. But I digress.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Everyone knows about the 1985 John Stossel 20/20 piece where he was slapped across the face by Dr. D David Shultz. Anyhow back in 1979 5 guys working against Ron Fuller's territory in Knoxville shot this. Exposing the business.

If you watch you see the fathers of Dean Malenko and a young Bob Orton Jr.

If you watch Ron Fuller's shoot he discusses how bad the Knoxville territory war was then. And how it seemed to kill Knoxville as a territory for a few years as a drawing place. Until the mid 1980's when he'd return for special shows there.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Roman getting a long run is likely the company rumors of Rock wanting to come in and work against him. They have to make Reigns look seriously good with a long good heel run to prepare him for Rock next year. Roman should at least hold the title til Royal Rumble where he can drop it and then work against Rock at Wrestlemania if that is the plan. Give him very long run as champion with beating a lot of top guys.

(Personally if it was me I'd go back to 1 WWE World Championship with Roman...but they are still doing this 2 brand champions deal)
    I wouldn't hold my breath on Rock wrestling again any time soon. He legitimately injured himself in his last match with Cena and required surgery, which held up movie filming. No studio is going to sign off on him doing that again. He has too many films lined up at the moment. He'd have to step completely away from movies for months just to wrestle Roman.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    I wouldn't hold my breath on Rock wrestling again any time soon. He legitimately injured himself in his last match with Cena and required surgery, which held up movie filming. No studio is going to sign off on him doing that again. He has too many films lined up at the moment. He'd have to step completely away from movies for months just to wrestle Roman.
    I believe there was a moment during the COVID era when nothing was shooting where it seemed a match was legitimately on the table for awhile. But yeah, now is the worst time because all the studios are trying to catch up and finish their movies.

Extraordinary Member

Maybe Rock will do a movie with roman as the main villain- big fight at the end. C'mon Rock lol.

I think with The Rock being such a star he can likely clear his schedule movie wise for months to do it. That he won't take on any projects from certain period etc to do this with Roman. To get his body used to it again. (last time he worked out with a few guys to get back in ring shape).

So in Jerry Jarrett's book he detailed how he put in an offer for WCW in its dying days to try and buy the company. Jeff himself on his podcast discussed it with Conrad.

- Jeff details his dad was always busy with projects and work at times. He worked in WWF and WCW in 1990's which will surprise people. He was really liked in WWF to a point that in his book as Conrad points out that for weeks after he left they kept sending him pay checks. He'd call and tell them and they were like , we want you to have this. Finally hired as a WCW consultant he contacts them and tells them he now is working for WCW and they should stop sending them. This made the WWF quit sending him paychecks.

His dad also ran construction companies and more. That he became close with BP Industries (BP gas stations) and was really in a good spot. That he could take off for weeks to fish and do his hobbies.

- Conrad brings up the strained relationship that father/son had over the years and Jeff details him and his dad had dinner the other day and are fine now. That he can detail this. That his frustration with his father set in during USWA years where his dad had told WCW he wasn't interested in coming in years earlier. That he watched Scott Steiner , Undertaker , Steve Austin etc go through the territory and he was still having to work there. "How long do I have to pay my dues here ? I wanna make money." Jarrett is told by his dad he's not ready until finally he gets to Vince in 1993.

- By 2000 the 2 men had a strained relationship because they were in different spots . Jeff was young in his early 30's and felt his dad didn't know the business now like his dad felt he didn't know the business either. So the 2 had those years.

- Conrad brings up that unlike Jeff being excited for his dad to own the company then , he likely wasn't. And Jeff agrees how he wasn't excited for that to happen. Also his dad detailed how he had investment bankers set up and was deep into talent and production costs etc . He'd question Jeff on talent etc and Jeff would tell him WCW had a lot of stars then and were over.

-

- But its a wild world. A fact that Jeff didn't really want his dad to own the company is pretty funny it seems. That he wasn't at all wanting that then.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Tom Phillips got released

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/sta...314996742?s=19

If Tom sticks to wrestling AEW and Impact are in desperate need of commentators were ain't ****.

does anybody remember when people were upset that aew was hiring old guys like big show?? that was fun.

oh **** kojima showed up in impact!! he's going to wrestle doering at against all odds. hope he works some other promotions while in the states.

for those who might not know, kojima is a former iwgp and triple crown champion and one of my personal favorites from the time i started watching japanese wrestling. great in the ring and full of charisma. sadly he's no longer in his prime but still very happy to see him in the states. rumor has it he once murdered an ox with his golden right arm lariat/clothesline.

WWE is in talks with New Japan for a potential partnership. That forbidden door will stay closed if a deal is reached.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    WWE is in talks with New Japan for a potential partnership. That forbidden door will stay closed if a deal is reached.
    I'll believe it when I see it. They completely cut off Impact for years due to how they handled an excursion guy in Okada. Lord knows how they feel about what WWE's done with Nakamura (although, at least in my view, that's partially on Nakamura).

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

I'll believe it when I see it. They completely cut off Impact for years due to how they handled an excursion guy in Okada. Lord knows how they feel about what WWE's done with Nakamura (although, at least in my view, that's partially on Nakamura).
    Nakamura situation is different. He left NJPW to sign with WWE. It's not the same with what happened to Okada with Impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Nakamura situation is different. He left NJPW to sign with WWE. It's not the same with what happened to Okada with Impact.
    Yeah, they poached Nakamura, AJ, Gallows and Anderson at the same time. NJPW was not happy with that.

NJPW is also trying to create a foothold in the US and were starting to do tours of the US pre-pandemic. I doubt they would work with WWE if they are trying to do that, and I doubt WWE would allow them to do that if they partnered with them.