Page 77 of 902 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127177577 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 13529

Arrow Re:

"So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Yeah, they poached Nakamura, AJ, Gallows and Anderson at the same time. NJPW was not happy with that.

NJPW is also trying to create a foothold in the US and were starting to do tours of the US pre-pandemic. I doubt they would work with WWE if they are trying to do that, and I doubt WWE would allow them to do that if they partnered with them.
    I can actually see WWE letting NJPW continue with their US expansion as long as it remains a small operation. They wouldn't want them to grow enough where they can potentially rival their own business.

if it happens, I gotta feeling that deal is gonna be heavily one sided

Quote Originally Posted by MacrossPlus View Post
    if it happens, I gotta feeling that deal is gonna be heavily one sided
    It's the E of course the deal will be one-sided.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

"In an update, PWInsider adds that the main crux of the talks had to do with the potential of Daniel Bryan being able to work some dates for NJPW. This report also stated that the talks have been going on for several months, and were confirmed by sources in both companies.

It has also been noted that NJPW has request Tanahashi vs. Cena as a possible megacard match. The belief is Cena will end up teaming with Nakamura against Randy Orton and Hiroshi Tanahashi. Bryan vs. Okada being the 'golden goose' match as both teams in negotiations agree that Okada and Bryan both would be willing to job in order to have a classic match."
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So your Tony Khan. You run what is now the #2 wrestling promotion in the country to the WWE. Your the boss.

So you learn from the Wrestling Observer that the WWE is trying to step into a deal you have with New Japan Pro Wrestling. They want to "open that forbidden door" themselves and have had talks awhile.

So do you...

A- Sit down with New Japan to discuss this privately ?

B- Ignore it and concentrate on your company.

C- Look at building relationships with other Japanese companies ahead if NJPW moves on.

D- Go on national TV. Cut a promo on the WWE executive rumored to be heading up talks. And make a fool out of yourself in process.

If you picked D....then bingo...

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

aside from not being a good promo i don't see how he made a fool of himself, especially if we don't know what he knows in regards to his dealing with njpw.

i'm really looking forward to cage vs page. wondering if they'll pull the trigger on a cage face turn.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 05-30-2021 at 05:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    So your Tony Khan. You run what is now the #2 wrestling promotion in the country to the WWE. Your the boss.

So you learn from the Wrestling Observer that the WWE is trying to step into a deal you have with New Japan Pro Wrestling. They want to "open that forbidden door" themselves and have had talks awhile.

So do you...

A- Sit down with New Japan to discuss this privately ?

B- Ignore it and concentrate on your company.

C- Look at building relationships with other Japanese companies ahead if NJPW moves on.

D- Go on national TV. Cut a promo on the WWE executive rumored to be heading up talks. And make a fool out of yourself in process.

If you picked D....then bingo...

D all the way. I enjoy this type of pettiness in my wrestling. More of it please.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    aside from not being a good promo i don't see how he made a fool of himself, especially if we don't know what he knows in regards to his dealing with njpw.

i'm really looking forward to cage vs page. wondering if they'll pull the trigger on a cage face turn.
    Almost everyone who is objective have called this a coke filled rage rant he did. Which made no sense and likely didn't help his relationship with NJPW to get on there and air this on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    D all the way. I enjoy this type of pettiness in my wrestling. More of it please.
    And people thought Eric Bischoff was stupid at times with his behavior onscreen towards the WWF.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

So finally someone uploaded a good bit of the Dark Side of the Ring about Ultimate Warrior to youtube. The episode took heat from some fans who likely didn't really know about Warrior's behavior at times then. But the episode nailed the stories we had heard for years.

All or Nothing was actually pretty good.

AEW needs a better prop Department, however.

The stampede had a few moments that had bad prop work.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

And people thought Eric Bischoff was stupid at times with his behavior onscreen towards the WWF.
    Bischoff was actively trying to put the WWE out of business. Tony for his part, is just having fun. He even asked New Japan if it was ok for him to cut that promo. They gave him the ok

https://twitter.com/JonAlba/status/1399228120625029120

Bischoff was actively trying to put the WWE out of business. Tony for his part, is just having fun. He even asked New Japan if it was ok for him to cut that promo. They gave him the ok

https://twitter.com/JonAlba/status/1399228120625029120

Except people who saw this saw an unhinged rant over a WWE executive no one knows anything about. I'm glad he got permission for it because honestly , its why he's now explaining this part. Because it didn't play well. Unlike the Impact promos which make sense for him to do , this didn't. The fact he learned nothing from this and had to explain it....well its a sad fact of AEW. Sometimes the folks don't learn from mistakes.

I'd laugh hard if New Japan is letting him do this and a deal happens with WWE at some point. Because Khan literally advertised it in promos.

Bischoff is mocked for being an idiot a lot for his issues. Like challenging Vince to a fight on PPV and more. People call that out a lot in WCW's demise as Bischoff lost it.
    Last edited by SUPERECWFAN1; 05-31-2021 at 11:44 AM.

Except people who saw this saw an unhinged rant over a WWE executive no one knows anything about. I'm glad he got permission for it because honestly , its why he's now explaining this part. Because it didn't play well. Unlike the Impact promos which make sense for him to do , this didn't. The fact he learned nothing from this and had to explain it....well its a sad fact of AEW. Sometimes the folks don't learn from mistakes.

I'd laugh hard if New Japan is letting him do this and a deal happens with WWE at some point. Because Khan literally advertised it in promos.

Bischoff is mocked for being an idiot a lot for his issues. Like challenging Vince to a fight on PPV and more. People call that out a lot in WCW's demise as Bischoff lost it.
    The only thing I have against the promo is that it wasn't a good one. Tony doesn't have the personality to pull it off but I liked the effort. It established what it set out to do and that's all he can ask for.

The only thing I have against the promo is that it wasn't a good one. Tony doesn't have the personality to pull it off but I liked the effort. It established what it set out to do and that's all he can ask for.
    Make Tony Khan look like an idiot on TV and he later had to say he had permission to do it ? Then yes...it accomplished that feat.

This isn't a good sign if the boss of the company lets a dirt sheet effect him on something like this. Because again...its just a rumor from a dirt sheet. (dear lord can you imagine if Vince raids his roster down the road for Darby Alin and Orange Cassidy. If he's reacting this bad , I hate to see a talent raid)