Page 78 of 902 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128178578 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 13529
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Make Tony Khan look like an idiot on TV and he later had to say he had permission to do it ? Then yes...it accomplished that feat.

This isn't a good sign if the boss of the company lets a dirt sheet effect him on something like this. Because again...its just a rumor from a dirt sheet. (dear lord can you imagine if Vince raids his roster down the road for Darby Alin and Orange Cassidy. If he's reacting this bad , I hate to see a talent raid)
    This is like saying it Vince McMahon's rivalry with Stone Cold made him look unprfessional

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    This is like saying it Vince McMahon's rivalry with Stone Cold made him look unprfessional
    This is completely 2 different things. I know the rush to defend the company is strong but here is the difference.

- Steve Austin vs Vince McMahon was a storyline for TV. Vince was playing a heel character in a storyline.

- Tony Khan is the owner and gets on TV and decides to do a shoot promo off a rumor he saw in a dirt sheet and gears it towards a WWE executive not many really know. All because he read something that pissed him off that day.

Its Eric Bischoff level silliness in a way. That a dirt sheet story can work up someone to this level.

This is a case where Khan should have done this.

- Day or 2 hyping AEW PPV to reporters on New Japan question. "Our working relationship with New Japan remains strong and we have assurances through our great work with talent for them here that we will retain that working relationship ahead."

Its straight to the point . It answers a question and finally....you don't deliver a silly shoot promo on someone over it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Make Tony Khan look like an idiot on TV and he later had to say he had permission to do it ? Then yes...it accomplished that feat.

This isn't a good sign if the boss of the company lets a dirt sheet effect him on something like this. Because again...its just a rumor from a dirt sheet. (dear lord can you imagine if Vince raids his roster down the road for Darby Alin and Orange Cassidy. If he's reacting this bad , I hate to see a talent raid)
    Seeing how he contacted New Japan first hand about it, he likely has more insider info about it than Meltzer.

DA MELTZ and Corny are calling WWE's move akin to insider trading.

Bad promo aside, AEW sounds justified with the anger.

But ... But ... BUT ...

AEW did screw New Japan on a US foothold and held talent hostage when they started up.

So it is kind of a karmic balance in that sense.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    DA MELTZ and Corny are calling WWE's move akin to insider trading.

Bad promo aside, AEW sounds justified with the anger.

But ... But ... BUT ...

AEW did screw New Japan on a US foothold and held talent hostage when they started up.

So it is kind of a karmic balance in that sense.

Lets be honest here Cornette mocked the living hell outta Khan worse than fans have (compared him to cartoon character) and has said whoever this Khan is in WWE if he cared given the power that company has , he could make things legit hard for AEW with New Japan.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Listening to Francine "aka Queen of Extreme" on a shoot and she looks and sounds so nice. People joked she has a whole naughty librarian look going with her glasses. But she detailed her brief weird TNA run and "Fake ECW"

- It was 2002 or 2003 and she was signed for 4 night deal at the time. With an option it could go longer. She wanted to be back on TV after ECW's demise and took the deal willing to do whatever they asked. So she did a lingerie battle royal and later a strap match against someone. Where she had worked for years she knew how to make the strap not hurt but the girl she worked against didn't sell it well.

So they were mad at how it looked and they had to redo the strap match again and this time was told to really let each other have it. Where they had welts on their backs. Then ...she was taken off TV. She returned to do something with Blue Meanie and Jasmine St. Clair and they did something with her neck so she had a neck brace. Francine believed she'd be back on TV to play off that so on her indie appearances to keep up "the storyline" she wore the neck brace awhile. But the company just never brought her back after it.

- On New ECW she did both shows that weekend. One with Shane Douglas and then got the call for Sunday from Tommy Dreamer about WWE's One Night Stand. So she had 2 good pay days that weekend. Then the next day or 2 later Tommy called and told her ECW was coming back !

Francine herself was like , how is this gonna work ? Dreamer told her the WWE wanted her to be a manager and Paul was gonna give her the same role. She'd manage a young guy ala her old ECW role. Francine admits she seemed skeptical of it all and said sure she'd sign a year deal with the WWE. But Tommy told her , they want her on a 3 year deal to see her loyalty.

But as Francine details ...she is 34 at this point. This is likely gonna be it for her. One last major run and she won't be around longer after it. That she knew she wouldn't be there til she was 37. So she signed the deal and was right. She didn't last the whole 3 years.

More spring cleaning. WWE released Braun Strowman, Alistair Black, Lana, Ruby Riott and Buddy Murphy.

https://mobile.twitter.com/WWE/statu...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    More spring cleaning. WWE released Braun Strowman, Alistair Black, Lana, Ruby Riott and Buddy Murphy.

https://mobile.twitter.com/WWE/statu...7Ctwgr%5Etweet
    What the heck is happening at WWE?

A company flush with cash and with sufficient capital shouldn't be cutting down this much.

I can understand Murphy, Lana (she's definitely heading straight to AEW) but Strowman is one of their top guys and they seemed to be doing something with Black.

It's all very strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    What the heck is happening at WWE?

A company flush with cash and with sufficient capital shouldn't be cutting down this much.

I can understand Murphy, Lana (she's definitely heading straight to AEW) but Strowman is one of their top guys and they seemed to be doing something with Black.

It's all very strange.
    There's a rumor going around that the company is up for sale and clearing out personal with big money contracts to entice potential buyers. It's the only reason I can see for releasing guys like Braun and Black.

Tony Khan better be on the phone trying to get some of these guys. Ruby would be a big boon for the women's division, Black and Murphy would thrive in AEW (personally I want to see Murphy be a junior in New Japan).

Braun can go anywhere he wants if he stays in wrestling. He got the meal ticket.

Yea I was just about to mention the big news with all the releases today. What in the world is going on with WWE right now? Raw is a mess and is dropping viewership rates like crazy and then they are releasing talented superstars (Buddy Murphy, Alister Black, Braun Stowman, Ruby Riott etc) but rehiring folks like Eva Marie? Wasn't Alister Black about to be in a feud with Big E? Braun Strownman is a top guy so not sure why they let him go (unless he was asking for a release). Ruby is a good female wrestler too, something the woman's division needs. Some folks are saying Liv Morgan got released too but the WWE official account doesn't say that. But I could see Liv asking for a release since her boyfriend Bo Dallas is gone, Sarah Logan is gone and now Ruby.
    Last edited by Iron_Legion87; 06-02-2021 at 09:56 AM.

Sean Sapp confirms that Braun big contract is the reason for his release

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/sta...134930953?s=19

I wouldn't be surprised if Vince releases Hunter, Shane, Steph, or himself at this point lol.

In all seriousness if bigger names like Seth Rollins, Kevin Owens, any of the New Day, or even Roman Reigns gets released then I would say that's the end of WWE.

I want to see:

- Braun Strowman go to NJPW
    - Alistair Black on Impact
    - Lana in AEW
    - Ruby Riott work NWA/AEW
    - Buddy Murphy go on a puro tour or seven
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 06-02-2021 at 10:52 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Sean Sapp confirms that Braun big contract is the reason for his release

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/sta...134930953?s=19
    It sucks for all that got released but I do feel like it’s a bit of Karma in Braun’s case. He did bash indie wrestlers last year at the start of the pandemic for creating go fund me pages etc. basically said they were losers who should look for other jobs and not beg for hand outs while a deadly pandemic was ravaging the world. Just came off as arrogant and insensitive.

And yet Jinder and Corbin are still employed. And Tamina is a champion.

I feel bad for Liv Morgan. As obvious when they split up the Riott Squad, they have zero long-term plans for her. They just stuck her back with Ruby and now she's gone. Hope Liv likes catering.

I'd love to see Black as the new leader of the Dark Order. The group's been kinda directionless since Brodie passed.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans