Page 80 of 902 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130180580 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 13529
    Astonishing Member

If they're selling the company they don't care about AEW.

AEW has a super bloated roster right now, that's part of the problem, although they're getting a new show that will help things.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Lana will likely join her husband on AEW TV. It makes sense more or less. I could see that one as a , well they are a couple in real life and she likely wants out anyhow.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    Morgan and Keith Lee have been released.

Edit for Humberto Carillo.
    I'm not seeing this anywhere

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

History of Wrestling was reporting it, but just rumormongering.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Extraordinary Member

Yeah it does look like Vince is getting ready to sell. Even tho devaluing your product before selling is a dumb move. Vince is like a guy punching holes in the wall of a house he's about to sell. I imagine Lana is relieved after all the punishment she took.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Yeah it does look like Vince is getting ready to sell. Even tho devaluing your product before selling is a dumb move. Vince is like a guy punching holes in the wall of a house he's about to sell. I imagine Lana is relieved after all the punishment she took.
    Exactly this.

These are legit strange moves.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Exactly this.

These are legit strange moves.
    Remember back in the day he said " I'm gonna kill it!" Guess he wasn't playin around lol.

Crowds are coming back.

These are legit GOOD wrestlers and all-around talent to let go.

The back half of 2021 and 2022 is going to be bonkers for wrestling.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

And now Variety and HR are starting to cover this ... I smell a big sale coming.

Some inside baseball reports are out:
    - One name people backstage weren’t surprised to hear about was Braun Strowman. Fightful was told Strowman’s 2019 contract was a “monster deal” worth more than $1 million per year, so there’s considerable cost savings in moving on from Braun.

- Mat Men’s Andrew Zarian claims some of the people “were looking to get released” as “WWE has taken a different approach when it comes to this.”

- Zarian also says he was told “it’s expected more releases will be coming.”
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

So Santana is already booked on SHINE, Lovelace appears to be booked already with CZW, and Tommy End is taking bookings.

"So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Or....Vince isn't selling and just cutting a glut of talent since the company has since this article back in February put the total number of talent on all brands at over 200+ wrestlers.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/wwe/wwe-roster

Also the company has lost millions of dollars from 2016-2019 with NXT at last check as a 2 year stretch had them lose $32 million.

https://popculture.com/wwe/news/ever...k-june-2021/#1

Now sure the company has huge TV deals generating $1 billion dollars and a huge streaming deal with Peacock. But overall the company has to watch spending on talent and more. You can't just keep amassing talent and holding them spending wise. Its about making as much profits as possible and with WWE touring again soon on the road costs for the company will go up.

Which is likely why were seeing so many releases. The company is gonna tour after Pandemic and things could take a hit. House shows already were drawing badly from reports awhile back. So maybe the WWE sees RAW/Smackdown/NXT not drawing good crowds awhile and the costs of touring will be a factor.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Also that 200+ wrestler figure is just people on brands. There is no idea how many are signed to developmental deals right now for WWE and at PC. So yeah...they are cutting a huge number of talents to bring more up and move more off NXT is my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Also that 200+ wrestler figure is just people on brands. There is no idea how many are signed to developmental deals right now for WWE and at PC. So yeah...they are cutting a huge number of talents to bring more up and move more off NXT is my guess.
    Why don't they just do super shows for touring?

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Why don't they just do super shows for touring?
    Likely they know they need RAW and Smackdown touring to get crowds and ratings back up on a constant basis. One hand drives the other basically. They need to get the brands back on road driving live attendance to attract viewers again back. It likely will take time to do that as were gonna see.