Page 81 of 902 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131181581 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 13529

[QUOTE=

- Zarian also says he was told “it’s expected more releases will be coming.”[/QUOTE]

Elias would not surprise be being released. What about the Fiend / Bray Wyatt? He is being repackaged, I guess? Report he has been backstage on Raw but not being used.

Arrow Re:

My friend reviews AWE's Double or Nothing -

"So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Why don't they just do super shows for touring?
    The company actually saved money by not touring and doing house shows. There's no financial benefit to do it. Especially with all the popular metrics being down the toilet.

Blood Money shows are super shows.
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 06-02-2021 at 06:02 PM.

Extraordinary Member

How this for a theory about these firings: WWE understands that hoarding talent is no longer an effective strategy to crush its opposition, thus explaining many of the cuts, and Strowman’s cut is actually them simply trying to make a play on the labor market with one of their few “creations” that they feel overvalued himself in negotiations two years ago?

I mean, as counterintuitive as it may seem to most of us, most of these cuts have been people Vince isn’t really interested in - people he treats as largely interchangeable midcarders who made their bona fides in his organization in ways that he doesn’t care about: cruiserweights, non-blonde and non-Horsewomen female wrestlers, NXT stars he never had time or patience for, etc.

To Vince, they probably do seem like “fat” that could be trimmed.

Strowman, the one eyebrow raising exception that genuinely seems shocking, could just be someone who Vince and Khan think overpriced himself in a market they no longer see as having to be played by certain rules with. He was Vince’s project, but he never achieved full capacity and has slid down the card recently. Releasing him now might be more about sending a message to other talent that tries to play it smart in negotiations, so they understand that unless they prove themselves superstars within Vince’s system and on Vince’s timetable, they don’t have that much bargaining power.

Don’t get me wrong, a lot of that would reek of arrogance and a cutthroat disregard for publicity and talent relations... but that’s kind of WWE’s thing anyway.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

WWE is being sold. They are getting rid of anything that would hurt their financial portfolio to make them look good for buyers

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

We have to remember back before the company became even bigger in 2010's , they would do annual SHOCKING talent releases after Wrestlemania. It was a nearly annual thing with them cutting talent each year. Where we'd sit and go HOLY F---K that guy/girl was released now ? It was them just trimming the roster.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The company actually saved money by not touring and doing house shows. There's no financial benefit to do it. Especially with all the popular metrics being down the toilet.

Blood Money shows are super shows.
    The company is according to this not doing house shows anymore. That those were money losers. But they do plan likely 13 live shows a month with RAW/Smackdown/PPV's etc.

https://augustafreepress.com/wwe-not...t-a-bad-thing/

But its clear the company needs to tour the product for fan interest to help get ratings back and push that again. Because as mentioned both are in toilet and the one helps the other.

Edit the sale rumors did have this article and post from a fan as....TED TURNER. Which made me laugh.

https://www.ringsidenews.com/2021/06...e-up-for-sale/

-- Y'all read it here first. Vince is selling wwf to me for 4.8 million and 75 acres of land in Marietta,GA----
    Last edited by SUPERECWFAN1; 06-02-2021 at 08:39 PM.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

i'm happy to see the unused talent released back into the world. very interested to see who ends up where.

braun is the one. he's improved but not worth the money he's going to want to anybody but wwe.

you guys remember when black and ricochet were randomly called up to raw as a tag team?? there was one guy who tried to say that was a good thing, but he also tried to tell me charlotte needed to be in that mania match with becky and ronda. who the fuk was that?? anybody remember??

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The company is according to this not doing house shows anymore. That those were money losers. But they do plan likely 13 live shows a month with RAW/Smackdown/PPV's etc.

https://augustafreepress.com/wwe-not...t-a-bad-thing/

But its clear the company needs to tour the product for fan interest to help get ratings back and push that again. Because as mentioned both are in toilet and the one helps the other.

Edit the sale rumors did have this article and post from a fan as....TED TURNER. Which made me laugh.

https://www.ringsidenews.com/2021/06...e-up-for-sale/

-- Y'all read it here first. Vince is selling wwf to me for 4.8 million and 75 acres of land in Marietta,GA----
    Live show attendance was in the shitter pre-covid. I don't think touring will increase any fan interest. Of course initially I expect it to do well since it's been over a year since there been any crowds. The product has gotten even worse then before so I don't expect that to last.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Live show attendance was in the shitter pre-covid. I don't think touring will increase any fan interest. Of course initially I expect it to do well since it's been over a year since there been any crowds. The product has gotten even worse then before so I don't expect that to last.
    the way raw has been this year, no way in hell would i want to see that live.

Touring isn't going to improve WWE's ratings or stories.

I am sure that they will get a post COVID attendance boost but they will be back to pre COVID or worse before you know it.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    you guys remember when black and ricochet were randomly called up to raw as a tag team?? there was one guy who tried to say that was a good thing, but he also tried to tell me charlotte needed to be in that mania match with becky and ronda. who the fuk was that?? anybody remember??
    It wasn't a good thing but it's actually a standard practice they are doing with NXT call-ups to either pair them together or pair them with a veteran at first. (Notice almost every recent NXT call up is working with a veteran in a team now). The first few NXT call-ups had problems adjusting to the rigors of WWE life on the road, so they started pairing NXT guys with someone. It gives them an instant travel partner, mentor, someone(s) to help navigate the locker room etc.

Astonishing Member

I'd be very shocked if Vince actually sold WWE.

Allegedly ...

Selling WWE is Khan’s goal.

But it is a goal in the next 3-5 years. The plan right now is to give Khan more time to get his people in place while they transform WWE from a family-run live event business into a Disney-esque mass media franchise. WWE by then can command a premium price for the promise of never-ending content to feed one of the winners of the current streaming wars. Khan wants to collect a few years of that billion dollar Peacock money and the remaining three years worth of the hundreds of millions FOX & USA are paying for the rights to air SmackDown & Raw. Then put the company on the market.

The current idea behind the releases is to clear books for a proposed MERGER with NJPW. This would give a strong foothold internationally as well as have a strong foreign office. That will also give them instant portfolio diversification that will make them more attractive to one of the Big Streamers come 2024 or 2025. WWE had over 300 wrestlers under contract in 2020. WAY MORE THAN THEY NEEDED and it was for basically no reason other than to hoard them from competition. Vince is a control freak and would rather pay someone to sit than let them go to somebody else. Vince was always happy to take the L on the books. This has contributed to talent leverage in pay negotiations. I saw a report than the new leadership team, Khan, and the investors do not see this approach as cost effective. And some were quite pissed about this pettiness. They also want to see an end to "NDAs" and "non-compete" clauses as well.

Now the first half I can believe but the MERGER idea ... I dunno.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 06-03-2021 at 11:20 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member

The merger is a wrinkle I hadn’t heard of before.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP