Page 82 of 902 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132182582 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 13529

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    The merger is a wrinkle I hadn’t heard of before.
    I think it stem's from Khan not seeing other feds as competition but as chance to cross promote and grow. He doesn't view WWE as the only game in town. That is fairly well known.

That is why I am ... I dunno ... not sold on a the idea of the merger.

Cross-promotion and elevating wrestling as whole is one thing ... merging doesn't sound like a good idea IMHO.

This is all rumor and spitballing. I do, however, fully believe the first half of that rumor (the waiting to sell, building a team, etc).
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Why don't they just do super shows for touring?
    That is how talent gets worn out and burned out. Especially the ones who you shove in everyone faces nonstop.

It's one thing to do this-

Week 1
    Raw in Dallas, Texas
    Smackdown in Fort Worth
    NXT in Arlington
    Week 2
    Smackdown in Denton
    Raw in Frisco
    NXT in Plano

Places that are near each other that don't require more than 2-3 hours of traveling.

It's another thing to be in Dallas one night and Salt Lake the next one.

House shows could work-if you tell folks who will be there and pick a smaller venue.

For guys like new talent-why can't they do house shows? Let them have training on being on the road and having to talk on the mic. Before you show them on NXT.

Heck get some local talent and do a bigger show.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I think it stem's from Khan not seeing other feds as competition but as chance to cross promote and grow. He doesn't view WWE as the only game in town. That is fairly well known.

That is why I am ... I dunno ... not sold on a the idea of the merger.

Cross-promotion and elevating wrestling as whole is one thing ... merging doesn't sound like a good idea IMHO.

This is all rumor and spitballing. I do, however, fully believe the first half of that rumor (the waiting to sell, building a team, etc).
    Vince’s desire to be the only game in town and to be the absolute standard has sometimes been a drag on the entire industry; even as he’s brought in experienced and proven stars from other promotions, he often feels they arne’t right, aren’t proven, and just generally gotten in their and his own way.

If Khan really if thinking of being the top dog running a de facto industry hegemony, and being fine with letting talent go afield elsewhere and fine tune or prove themselves so that WWE can try and recruit them fully formed and ready to go, that’s arguably been something WWE should have been doing consistently for pretty much their entire time as the de facto monopoly.

Vince’s control freak tendencies and desire to prove his company was bigger than the industry made it shrink because he wasted so much time and talent trying to make ideas that only appealed to him work or refusing to admit their was other game in town.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    I'd be very shocked if Vince actually sold WWE.
    He is 75. It's possible the Shane and Stephanie already decided they want to do their own thing (Shane pretty much already is), and told Vince of that, so they are planning to sell after his retirement/death at some point.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    He is 75. It's possible the Shane and Stephanie already decided they want to do their own thing (Shane pretty much already is), and told Vince of that, so they are planning to sell after his retirement/death at some point.
    It would be dumb of Steph if she didn't already try to do her own thing by now. If Vince haven't passed down the company by now at his age than he never will. It's clear he believes the company can't stay afloat without him.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Vince McMahon Sr didn't pass the company down to him as we know. Vince had to buy the company and only then got it as Sr was dying of cancer. He would die months later as we know.

Vince McMahon will do the same near act as we know. The WWE is his life. The man isn't gonna hand it over til this happens again.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

it would be sad in a way to see vince part with wwe, but i can't lie, it would put a smile on my face to see it NOT go to steph and hhh.

what they showed of tjp vs alexander from the ironman match looked pretty damn good, especially the finish of regulation.

pretty cool to see kojima in the ring, he looked good.

jordynne grace is a loser, brilliant!!

glad it seems like omega is trying to avoid sami moreso than moose.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 06-04-2021 at 04:07 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Apparently, Meltzer says that Strowman was released in part because Vince has convinced himself he’s picked up enough “big men” to make Strowman too expensive for the commodity he represents.

I can totally believe it, as Vince has always dreamed and told himself that his company can make or break stars rather than gather them up. Strowman being a project of his that actually worked out is exactly the kind fo thing he would be likely to take the wrong way; rather than “Finally, it’s alive! IT’S ALIVE!”, he’d be like “Finally, I have cracked the code! Now, to mass produced it cheaply.”
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Apparently, Meltzer says that Strowman was released in part because Vince has convinced himself he’s picked up enough “big men” to make Strowman too expensive for the commodity he represents.

I can totally believe it, as Vince has always dreamed and told himself that his company can make or break stars rather than gather them up. Strowman being a project of his that actually worked out is exactly the kind fo thing he would be likely to take the wrong way; rather than “Finally, it’s alive! IT’S ALIVE!”, he’d be like “Finally, I have cracked the code! Now, to mass produced it cheaply.”
    Given that Vince tried this same logic with the more successful Hogan and Batista lets run down the guys there in past.

After Hogan

Ultimate Warrior
    Crush
    Diesel

After Batista

Mason Ryan
    Ezekiel Jackson
    Monty Brown

The track record following Vince's hits isn't good.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Given that Vince tried this same logic with the more successful Hogan and Batista lets run down the guys there in past.

After Hogan

Ultimate Warrior
    Crush
    Diesel

After Batista

Mason Ryan
    Ezekiel Jackson
    Monty Brown

Yet he still wants it to work; Vince is obsessed with the idea of being the source of all of WWE’s success, and proving he can create Big Men, The Guy, The Blonde, etc., is one of his longest perpetual endeavors. He keeps trying to create the Next Hogan or Next Cena or Next Rock to show that *he* can do that, that *his system* can do that, that *his genius* is wholly responsible for his success.

That old line about how he’d “rather be a millionaire on his own than a billionaire with help” is true.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Andrade made his AEW debut tonight
    https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1401003330651017217

Astonishing Member

So Cody and Dustin can use the Rhodes name now? Did Vince stop being petty, statue of limitations run out or did Cody win a case? I also notice an abundance of "thrust kick" calls from the announce team but no "super kicks" even in the Bucks match, what's up with that? I doubt the term can be copyrighted, can it?

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post

After Hogan

Ultimate Warrior
    Crush
    Diesel

After Batista

Mason Ryan
    Ezekiel Jackson
    Monty Brown

wtf??

remember a couple of weeks ago when people thought orange cassidy being in the triple threat match would destroy aew?? i thought the match turned out pretty damn good, like daniels/aj/joe level good, though a little too much fukery in the finish.

glad to see andrade, i'd hoped he'd use la sombra name though. tag title match was great and i enjoyed the main event, i'm kind of a mark for bullropes though. that comoroto guy is pretty cool, i hope to see more of him in the future.

Astonishing Member

NXT UK+Impact=such underrted shows
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

In guys I'm shocked that are in WWE ....the former ELI DRAKE is now in NXT. He has a new name "LA KNIGHT" and well...he's doing solid promo wise. His promos are so good its like he's not doing the scripted crap that the company has went into. Of course Drake always spoke with a cadence that was very "ROCK" style. A fact that Drake detailed he is an influence. (Maybe copying the Rock's speaking style works to get over)

But as LA KNIGHT he clicks. He just seems so fresh than the crap they have guys cutting promos now.

But he has someone not a fan....that is ....Mark Henry.

Henry took time to rip on LA Knight saying he's stealing the Rock's way he speaks , his walk and more. Not happy with that. On Konnan's podcast one of the guys ripped into Mark Henry saying he's the silliest guy to do this.