Page 83 of 902 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133183583 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 13529

Quote Originally Posted by steve2275 View Post
    NXT UK+Impact=such underrted shows
    i disagree, impact has some great talent but the show itself isn't very good most of the time. was much better and more consistent a couple of years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    In guys I'm shocked that are in WWE ....the former ELI DRAKE is now in NXT. He has a new name "LA KNIGHT" and well...he's doing solid promo wise. His promos are so good its like he's not doing the scripted crap that the company has went into. Of course Drake always spoke with a cadence that was very "ROCK" style. A fact that Drake detailed he is an influence. (Maybe copying the Rock's speaking style works to get over)

But as LA KNIGHT he clicks. He just seems so fresh than the crap they have guys cutting promos now.

But he has someone not a fan....that is ....Mark Henry.

Henry took time to rip on LA Knight saying he's stealing the Rock's way he speaks , his walk and more. Not happy with that. On Konnan's podcast one of the guys ripped into Mark Henry saying he's the silliest guy to do this.
    what's more shocking to me is he was already in nxt back in 2013 and they did nothing with him. he checks all the boxes of what they like and they did nothing with him and released him. he was just as good back then the only difference is he's 8yrs older now. been a fan of knight/drake/ricker since 2010 when he and brian cage were teaming together as "natural selection" but he's 38yrs old and in development and that saddens me.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    So Cody and Dustin can use the Rhodes name now? Did Vince stop being petty, statue of limitations run out or did Cody win a case? I also notice an abundance of "thrust kick" calls from the announce team but no "super kicks" even in the Bucks match, what's up with that? I doubt the term can be copyrighted, can it?
    wwe relinquished the trademarks on rhodes in exchange for cody giving trademarks on former wcw events

Astonishing Member

In guys I'm shocked that are in WWE ....the former ELI DRAKE is now in NXT. He has a new name "LA KNIGHT" and well...he's doing solid promo wise. His promos are so good its like he's not doing the scripted crap that the company has went into. Of course Drake always spoke with a cadence that was very "ROCK" style. A fact that Drake detailed he is an influence. (Maybe copying the Rock's speaking style works to get over)

But as LA KNIGHT he clicks. He just seems so fresh than the crap they have guys cutting promos now.

But he has someone not a fan....that is ....Mark Henry.

Henry took time to rip on LA Knight saying he's stealing the Rock's way he speaks , his walk and more. Not happy with that. On Konnan's podcast one of the guys ripped into Mark Henry saying he's the silliest guy to do this.
    Well he is also known as the "Overcharger" in some car related commercial with Ric Flair that always comes on during Impact and AEW. He does his best Rock overselling the Stunner by flying out of the ring after a Flair chop.

Shingo Takagi is the new IWGP World Heavyweight Champion.

I'm not the biggest fan in the world of him, but he's clearly busted his butt and put in the legwork since coming into NJPW, so it's nice to see someone rewarded for that.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post

I'm not the biggest fan in the world of him, but he's clearly busted his butt and put in the legwork since coming into NJPW, so it's nice to see someone rewarded for that.
    Very shocked they didn't give the title to Okada but I love Shingo and was hoping for this outcome. He'll be a great champ and hopefully not just a placeholder until Kota get's cleared.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Very shocked they didn't give the title to Okada but I love Shingo and was hoping for this outcome. He'll be a great champ and hopefully not just a placeholder until Kota get's cleared.
    Shingo is not my favorite but I can't ignore the fact he's probably the best wrestler this year. As he is pushing nearly 40, he certainly is wrestling the best I have ever seen him. So mad props to that.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I'm happy for Shingo title win. He's been a favorite of mine since his first G1. I'm sure he'll make for a better champ than Osprey

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'm happy for Shingo title win. He's been a favorite of mine since his first G1. I'm sure he'll make for a better champ than Osprey
    I agree on that.

I prefer Sabre, Jr. over Will but neither really push my buttons.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

My favorite style of wrestler in ring is the Chris Benoit, Dynamite Kid, Davey Richards maybe even Kyle O'Reilly type but that being said there is something about ZSJ's joint manipulation that really always impresses me. Tanahashi is probably my favorite NJPW wrestler, but ZSJ is the guy whose matches I enjoy watching the most in NJPW now that the Okada/Tanahashi wars are over.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Shingo won me over during that awesome run he had in the BOSJ a couple of years ago. I would give anything to see him and my guy Buddy Murphy have some matches for the belt.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I have issues with ZSJ. For a guy who wrestles a very technical style he's too flashy with it and does too many things that make no logical sense. He would show off all his transitions between holds and he would legit have some guys dead to rights with some of them but breaks them. It would shallow this better if Zack hubris was a bigger factor in his losses but it never is.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i disagree, impact has some great talent but the show itself isn't very good most of the time. was much better and more consistent a couple of years ago.

what's more shocking to me is he was already in nxt back in 2013 and they did nothing with him. he checks all the boxes of what they like and they did nothing with him and released him. he was just as good back then the only difference is he's 8yrs older now. been a fan of knight/drake/ricker since 2010 when he and brian cage were teaming together as "natural selection" but he's 38yrs old and in development and that saddens me.
    38 in the WWE now is like 25. He should if pushed right be a solid star for a decade for them.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

38 in the WWE now is like 25. He should if pushed right be a solid star for a decade for them.

if pushed right the first time they had him he could've already been a solid star for them for the last 8yrs.

Astonishing Member

I find the MVP recruiting of Kofi the most compelling storyline on Raw right now. The idea of Bobby Lashley following the Roman Reigns path by corrupting Kofi and eventually turning the New Day. Then having a rivalry between the Bloodline and the Hurt Business, having each dominate thier presective brands. Unable to touch each other directly. THB makes life hell on Naomi and the Bloodline go after Big E. That would necessitate forcing a trade of talents to free them down the road. This would culminate in whatever PPV is designated for the brands to battle each other. The Tribal Chief vs the Almighty, and the New Day vs the Usos. This heel vs heel rivalry could boost both brands. This could be bigger than the Blanchard and Anderson vs Midnight Express feud we were robbed of back in the day. It's big enough for a Wrestlemania but you wouldn't want 4 top titles to not be defended on that show. The WWE would have to elevate a face to be the "Sting" against THB, and maybe let Drew have that role over at Smackdown since he vs Lashley seems to be played out. Maybe Seth if they can convince him to put down the colorful suits and Messiah gimmick.
    Last edited by EmeraldGladiator; 06-09-2021 at 10:12 AM.

Lio Rush is retiring due to injuries.