Page 84 of 902 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134184584 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 13529

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Lio Rush is retiring due to injuries.
    i feel like i've heard "lio rush is retiring" once or twice before.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i feel like i've heard "lio rush is retiring" once or twice before.
    He retired the first time after he got released from WWE.

AEW gave Andrade the dreaded "Creative Clause" option.

Anyone else bothered by that? OR is it just fans of a certain age?

I have also been reading WWE is pushing to get get Tommy End back already.

I also saw Murphy has a HUGE amount of interest from NJPW, DG, ROG, MLW, Austrailia, AEW, pretty much everywhere.

Gonna be a wild end of year for wrestling!
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 06-10-2021 at 01:21 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I also saw Murphy has a HUGE amount of interest from NJPW, DG, ROG, MLW, Austrailia, AEW, pretty much everywhere.

I don't have a problem with Andrade having creative control. If the guy doesn't want to go 15 minutes against Marko Stunt because it hurts his value then he shouldn't. It's good to have boundaries

Astonishing Member

anyone who signs with AEW might be advised to ask for that because I fear wtih the Bucks and Kenny controlling the book they might wield it selfishly. FTR might have to think about ROH if they ever want a dominant championship run. To their credit the Elite didn't instantly put the titles on themselves but now they all have the straps and without any viable challenger to take them off of them. The only other factions of comparable power are waring against each other (the IC and the Pinnacle) and most of the other top stars are currently engaged in feuds. It might be interesting to see a play on the old elite storyline with Cody vs the rest of the Elite but this time with Cody as the Face and the Bucks and Kenny as the heels.

Extraordinary Member

Asking for creative control but not booking rights isn’t a bad idea, and would fit with AEW’s attempts to portray themselves as a better option for people who feel the system screwed them over in WWE.

I don’t *yet* fear the Bucks or Omega taking up belts now as Heels. That’s their classic alignment, other companies seem to think it makes sense as well, and *in theory* it’s a great idea *if* the eventual climax to their runs are strongly executed and well received defeats by other wrestlers to be crowned as baby faces/greater heels afterwards.

It becomes a horrible idea if they are being paranoid about their own careers and have no desire to allow anyone to beat them clean at the climax of all this.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Extraordinary Member

I'll be worried if Kenny ever beats Hangman. Hangman is the one whose been set up as Kenny's dethroner.

Hangman doesn't have a solid direction right now. I don't know if the Dark Order is still trying to get him to be their leader and whatever happened to the potential feud with Taz's stable.

i don't have strong feelings on it, we'll see if it becomes an issue. andrade doesn't strike me as the hogan/nash type.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Asking for creative control but not booking rights isn’t a bad idea, and would fit with AEW’s attempts to portray themselves as a better option for people who feel the system screwed them over in WWE.

I don’t *yet* fear the Bucks or Omega taking up belts now as Heels. That’s their classic alignment, other companies seem to think it makes sense as well, and *in theory* it’s a great idea *if* the eventual climax to their runs are strongly executed and well received defeats by other wrestlers to be crowned as baby faces/greater heels afterwards.

It becomes a horrible idea if they are being paranoid about their own careers and have no desire to allow anyone to beat them clean at the climax of all this.
    yeah i wouldn't worry about it yet. those guys get beat up/down and lose clean often enough that i wouldn't think they're going to worry about looking weak.

Astonishing Member

Cool

i really liked this one
    Last edited by steve2275; 06-11-2021 at 04:32 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post

yeah the absolute power corrupts absolutely fear, see the NWO which scarily is the basis of the bullet club which is the birthplace of the elite. I just fear Kenny and the Bucks becoming a poor man's Hogan, Nash and Hall.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    yeah the absolute power corrupts absolutely fear, see the NWO which scarily is the basis of the bullet club which is the birthplace of the elite. I just fear Kenny and the Bucks becoming a poor man's Hogan, Nash and Hall.
    It all comes down to whether or not their willing to let someone else be the hero who dethrones them - which they have experience doing as part of the Bullet Club, but which the NWO’s refusal to allow wrecked WCW.

An important element would be how much Khan has a basic competence as an executive - and stuff like allowing Andrade some creative control might imply he’s more savvy than not.

A villainous faction dominating the title scene can be either a boon or a bane depending entirely on how intelligently they’re allowed to be opposed. The Four Horseman wound up working out competently against Sting, Evolution’s implosion went the right way, and there’s a lot to be said that the NWO might have at least avoided becoming a cancer of Hogan didn’t ensure Sting didn’t beat him cleanly.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

omega and the bucks have lost enough that any worries of hoganism should already be squashed but a huge difference is that for as long as they remain in the main events the main events will be good-great so there wouldn't be much to complain about.

speaking of worrying for no reason, i've heard people say in regards to aew switching to TBS that having a TNT championship won't make sense and they'll need to change it. it's essentially a tv title, and the show is called "dynamite"

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    I find the MVP recruiting of Kofi the most compelling storyline on Raw right now. The idea of Bobby Lashley following the Roman Reigns path by corrupting Kofi and eventually turning the New Day. Then having a rivalry between the Bloodline and the Hurt Business, having each dominate thier presective brands. Unable to touch each other directly. THB makes life hell on Naomi and the Bloodline go after Big E. That would necessitate forcing a trade of talents to free them down the road. This would culminate in whatever PPV is designated for the brands to battle each other. The Tribal Chief vs the Almighty, and the New Day vs the Usos. This heel vs heel rivalry could boost both brands. This could be bigger than the Blanchard and Anderson vs Midnight Express feud we were robbed of back in the day. It's big enough for a Wrestlemania but you wouldn't want 4 top titles to not be defended on that show. The WWE would have to elevate a face to be the "Sting" against THB, and maybe let Drew have that role over at Smackdown since he vs Lashley seems to be played out. Maybe Seth if they can convince him to put down the colorful suits and Messiah gimmick.
    Is Kofi going heel? That might be cool? And get me interested in wwe again!

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

The AEW tag team scene feels like it's worse off than it appears. No face team has any momentum and all the other heel teams aside from the Bucks and FTR seem to be tolling away on the Youtube shows or farting around being Matt Hardy's lemmings.

Personally, I think Tony Khan is a terrible booker who's botched just about every major angle AEW's ran over the last year(IC/Pinnacle, the Omega/Callis/Impact "partnership," Nightmare Family/Factory). Credit where credit's due, he's finally started somewhat rehabbing the damage they've done to Adam Page(need to finally have him ditch the Dark Order, though).