Page 869 of 902 FirstFirst ... 369769819859865866867868869870871872873879 ... LastLast
Results 13,021 to 13,035 of 13529

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    AEW stuck Joe with a title NO ONE cares about...So I don't know how MLF gets off with all that. And MJF knows a lot of title reigns are politics. Just like when he took his ball and left because he wasn't getting paid enough....Though he was right about that.
    No one cares about the ROH tv title? I disagree

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    No one cares about the ROH tv title? I disagree
    No one cares about RoH titles now. Ever since Tony bought RoH it's been used to appease AEW wrestlers and not taken as a real promotion. Sorta like NXT is now except NXT does not have close to the prestige that RoH had...

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The Internet is mad that Ric Flair did a Ric Flair. Let the man live.
    Flair lashed back on his FB over it all.

I think what really makes people not happy is the fact Tony booked Darby with Sting for 3+ years and people expected a payoff deal. Like Darby goes over him to prove he’s the next franchise guy. To really put a notch there on his career.

Instead Tony used this deal to book Sting n Flair.

I like Ric Flair myself but he honestly isn’t needing this right now. I can see why Darby did a PEACE OUT deal to go climb Mt. Everest now. He likely saw sh-t booking and go take time off then.

It just feels like Darby was stuck in a holding pattern and wasn’t given the angle at the end he deserved.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post

I think what really makes people not happy is the fact Tony booked Darby with Sting for 3+ years and people expected a payoff deal. Like Darby goes over him to prove he’s the next franchise guy. To really put a notch there on his career.

I like Ric Flair myself but he honestly isn’t needing this right now. I can see why Darby did a PEACE OUT deal to go climb Mt. Everest now. He likely saw sh-t booking and go take time off then.

It just feels like Darby was stuck in a holding pattern and wasn’t given the angle at the end he deserved.
    Fans should have never expected a Darby send off as Sting been open about never working a singles match in AEW and not wanting to. He doesn't have it in him. I will enjoy Flair while he's around. Let the tears flow.

Fans should have never expected a Darby send off as Sting been open about never working a singles match in AEW and not wanting to. He doesn't have it in him. I will enjoy Flair while he's around. Let the tears flow.
    I don’t see it as tears here… just alienating your audience. Or bad booking. Sting is diving through tables. He could honestly work a protected 10 minute match and go out.

I have wanted Flair with Andrade for a good while in AEW. I like that Ric Flair is still around and it was nice to see him and Sting share a moment.

But who is your future here ? Is it 70+ year old Flair or the dude nearly 50 years younger?
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Extraordinary Member

I feel people are absolutely justified in criticizing the Flair promo

I don’t see it as tears here… just alienating your audience. Or bad booking. Sting is diving through tables. He could honestly work a protected 10 minute match and go out.

I have wanted Flair with Andrade for a good while in AEW. I like that Ric Flair is still around and it was nice to see him and Sting share a moment.

But who is your future here ? Is it 70+ year old Flair or the dude nearly 50 years younger?
    The tag matches is the best he can do. Sting is far too limited in the ring now to confidently work a solo match. Let him do his tags and end his career with the guy who help kickstart it.

Speaking of Flair , some are angry he cut a very long promo during Rampage. One of the cuts to it that drew some silly anger is Flair….being Ric Flair. In the promo he tells all the 18 to 28 year old women to come to his motel room, no husbands or boyfriends…

One fan said someone told him there watching live how AEW would cut this line. The fan replied back…”Its Rampage , no one is watching anyhow…”

The line isn’t said here but the lack of audience is sad here.

According to Sean Ross Sapp , the fans wanting a CM Punk heel turn may get it. WWE sources are hopeful at Wrestlemania for Punk vs Steve Austin now.

No idea if this happens but it’s a match both wanted to do a good while back. The 2 men shot a near promo style deal during the hyping of the WWE12 game.

Who are these "People..."?

All I see in that bit in blue is something that one guy has been talking about in this thread...

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Who are these "People..."?

All I see in that bit in blue is something that one guy has been talking about in this thread...
    Go online in FB groups beyond this page. They exist. A lot are wanting Darby to be Stings opponent and go over. Hell someone above even gave their thoughts they aren’t happy with this booking.

Edit : He picked the promo I’m more of the booking here.
    Last edited by SUPERECWFAN1; 11-30-2023 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I feel people are absolutely justified in criticizing the Flair promo
    I’m more critical of the booking we’re getting here. I like Flair and love he gets a moment with Sting. But who needs to be served better with this ? The 70 year old guy or the guy there longer term ?

I’m more critical of the booking we’re getting here. I like Flair and love he gets a moment with Sting. But who needs to be served better with this ? The 70 year old guy or the guy there longer term ?
    Flair himself addressed this

https://fxtwitter.com/RicFlairNatrBo...jGZnJkR5Q&s=19

That’s the same thing he posted on his FB. I’m not angry at Flair , I’m more irked at this booking of Sting’s retirement.

Seth Rollins got more out of his deal with Sting years ago and it was a month or 2 angle.

Go online in FB groups beyond this page. They exist. A lot are wanting Darby to be Stings opponent and go over. Hell someone above even gave their thoughts they aren’t happy with this booking.

Edit : He picked the promo I’m more of the booking here.
    Reddit and other wrestling places I frequent don't echo the FB wrestling on Darby vs. Sting.

Infact, I find FB wrestling groups to be very, very toxic.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium