Page 91 of 902 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141191591 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 13529
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

WWE has made more cuts. Tony Neese, Ariya Daviri, Ever Rise, Fandango, Tyler Breeze, Killian Dain and some other 205 Live talent has been released. Nick Khan is the one behind the recent crop of releases.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Breeze makes me worry about the future of UUDD.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Extraordinary Member

Killian Dain? Damn, I loved his duo with Drake Maverick

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

With this string of releases NXT tag division and the Cruiserweights got hit the hardest. This is gonna messed up since there's apparently going to be a greater focus on the cruiserweights on NXT in the future.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    JR is doing this because of his wife death. He wants something to keep him busy.
    I know, I was talking about before that because he was getting really bad years before his wife died.

Extraordinary Member

With this string of releases NXT tag division and the Cruiserweights got hit the hardest. This is gonna messed up since there's apparently going to be a greater focus on the cruiserweights on NXT in the future.
    They definitely focused the targetting reticle on the Cruiserweights

WWE has made more cuts. Tony Neese, Ariya Daviri, Ever Rise, Fandango, Tyler Breeze, Killian Dain and some other 205 Live talent has been released. Nick Khan is the one behind the recent crop of releases.
    daviri had the most potential imo, i'm sure he could team with his bro in mlw or something.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The releases have brought up a number of comical stories.

- - Women's wrestler Peyton Royce detailed how she likely didn't help herself when meeting Vince McMahon.

She claims she walked into the meeting with one idea. Vince brushed it off and asked what she likes or has as hobbies. Jim Cornette said it was Vince trying to find something to possibly use with her. That he has watched Vince spitball ideas with talent before on things they do at times away from the ring.

Royce claims she had nothing. That all she could say was.."I just like to go home and sit on couch n watch TV. I'm a boring person."

She wasn't shocked she was released given how badly her talk with Vince went.

Then we had this happen...

- The WWE hired a female writer for RAW. This writer decided to comically go on a podcast and detail how she had never watched pro wrestling before and didn't know anything about WWE.

She too was released.

https://www.ringsidenews.com/2021/06...pro-wrestling/

Its pretty funny release wise. But Royce did herself no favors and as Cornette claims you have to have "several" ideas ready. He pointed out how Vince pitched Mick Foley a terrible name before Mick looked at him and said .."How about Mankind.." which made Vince like it better.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

didn't realize that arturo ruas got cut. i'm kind of xcited to see what he does. he'd be awesome for bloodsport, would also like to see him in njpw strong and njpw proper later.

shit i didn't even realize 3.0 was even in nxt. they really were signing every damn body.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 06-26-2021 at 05:34 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The releases have brought up a number of comical stories.

- - Women's wrestler Peyton Royce detailed how she likely didn't help herself when meeting Vince McMahon.

She claims she walked into the meeting with one idea. Vince brushed it off and asked what she likes or has as hobbies. Jim Cornette said it was Vince trying to find something to possibly use with her. That he has watched Vince spitball ideas with talent before on things they do at times away from the ring.

Royce claims she had nothing. That all she could say was.."I just like to go home and sit on couch n watch TV. I'm a boring person."

She wasn't shocked she was released given how badly her talk with Vince went.

Then we had this happen...

- The WWE hired a female writer for RAW. This writer decided to comically go on a podcast and detail how she had never watched pro wrestling before and didn't know anything about WWE.

She too was released.

https://www.ringsidenews.com/2021/06...pro-wrestling/

Its pretty funny release wise. But Royce did herself no favors and as Cornette claims you have to have "several" ideas ready. He pointed out how Vince pitched Mick Foley a terrible name before Mick looked at him and said .."How about Mankind.." which made Vince like it better.
    The whole thing with Kenice Mobley is unfortunate.

In normal recruitment, it's expected that you research and know about the company before you go in for an interview. It's all kinds of bizarre to hire individuals that apparently don't even know who they are going to be writing about. And honestly I don't think the Kenice situation is a one-off, it's clear that some of the people working in the writers room aren't really familiar with pro-wrestling.

It also doesn't help that WWE is hiring mostly "comedy" writers. There seems to be feeling that if a superstar can't be "funny" then they aren't good on the mic. I've pointed it out many times that wrestlers aren't comedians and it's why we get absolutely stupid angles such as Bobby Lashley showing off his butt, Rollins saying crap like "sparkle crotch" and Reigns saying "suffering sucotash" (although I think that came from Vince himself).

EDIT: But now I'm seeing people criticizing Mobley because she's black. This is the part of the story that completely turns me off.
    Last edited by Username taken; 06-26-2021 at 07:38 AM.

Astonishing Member

RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

In normal recruitment, it's expected that you research and know about the company before you go in for an interview. It's all kinds of bizarre to hire individuals that apparently don't even know who they are going to be writing about. And honestly I don't think the Kenice situation is a one-off, it's clear that some of the people working in the writers room aren't really familiar with pro-wrestling.

It also doesn't help that WWE is hiring mostly "comedy" writers. There seems to be feeling that if a superstar can't be "funny" then they aren't good on the mic. I've pointed it out many times that wrestlers aren't comedians and it's why we get absolutely stupid angles such as Bobby Lashley showing off his butt, Rollins saying crap like "sparkle crotch" and Reigns saying "suffering sucotash" (although I think that came from Vince himself).

EDIT: But now I'm seeing people criticizing Mobley because she's black. This is the part of the story that completely turns me off.

From other reports the WWE is completely embarrassed by the writer coming out they hired who claimed they didn't know the product etc. That they do look for outside writers but they didn't want someone coming out and bragging how they didn't even know the product they were gonna do. That moving forward the company will still hire outside writers as we see but changes will likely happen.

- The writers won't be allowed to do outside interviews as we saw.

- They will be told to watch the product after being hired and know what they are working on.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

You can't be a writer on the show, do an interview and not know the name of the Champion.

Peyton is pretty interesting on her instagram. Nothing wrong with your interest being working out, having a healthy lifestyle, being active etc.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

I feel like anyone going after her is misguided at best, and a bigoted jackass at worst.

The real story has pretty much nothing to do with *her*, but with a the company seeking out people they have no desire to have do the due diligence or have any expertise in wrestling… then getting embarrassed when she pointed this out and it bad me a story, so they fired her.

It’s Vince’s company speaking out of both sides of their mouth again, and likely because they just don’t want the optics of what’s likely a mundane truth - that Vince is a micromanager who wants to control everything without any outside influence even from the fanbase, and the whole concept of finding disconnected writers to do scripts instead of letting talent cut their own promos is part and parcel of that.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    You can't be a writer on the show, do an interview and not know the name of the Champion.

Peyton is pretty interesting on her instagram. Nothing wrong with your interest being working out, having a healthy lifestyle, being active etc.
    Vince is just dumb.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium