Page 94 of 902 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144194594 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 13529
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    How is having Kenny as their world champ actually helping Impact? I realize he is a bigger star than anyone they have on their roster right now but how is it really helping them as a company. Do they feel having an AEW talent sporting their title on a rival companies TV shows helps them? I can't see how the positives which there are some out weigh the negatives. I remember big cross promotion matches but in them neither champion ever clearly won over the other because why would the losing promotion agree to that? OTOH I do hope we can get a nice Kenny vs Okada match out of all this cross promotion stuff before everyone goes to their respective corners because those matches are the only ones I ever truly love Kenny in otherwise he is just meh to me besides the V-trigger which is sweet.
    Impact is hoping that there will be some crossover with AEW and Impact fanbases. Impact did get a spike in twitch viewership once Kenny started appearing. They likely still riding that wave and see how far it can go.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    How is having Kenny as their world champ actually helping Impact? I realize he is a bigger star than anyone they have on their roster right now but how is it really helping them as a company. Do they feel having an AEW talent sporting their title on a rival companies TV shows helps them? I can't see how the positives which there are some out weigh the negatives. I remember big cross promotion matches but in them neither champion ever clearly won over the other because why would the losing promotion agree to that? OTOH I do hope we can get a nice Kenny vs Okada match out of all this cross promotion stuff before everyone goes to their respective corners because those matches are the only ones I ever truly love Kenny in otherwise he is just meh to me besides the V-trigger which is sweet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Impact is hoping that there will be some crossover with AEW and Impact fanbases. Impact did get a spike in twitch viewership once Kenny started appearing. They likely still riding that wave and see how far it can go.
    Yeah, in theory the idea is supposed to be that, if nothing else, some of AEW’s audience will tune into Impact because of the cross-promotion, hopefully like some of the Non-AEW content, then check back in after the AEW stuff is over.

The trick of course, is to hope that a) Impact can actually maintain or grow an audience from this instead of just a brief pop in attention, and b) that Impact doesn’t come off as a “JV” promotion in comparison.

It’s tricky, because booking everything so that both sides come off “strong” is notoriously more labor intensive than a simple feud by itself; if I were a booker, I might consider having an Impact Face come over, *literally* steal some of Kenny’s belts to force a match on Impact to get them back/challenge for the Impact Belt, have Kenny roll up with the entire Elite, but have a small alliance from where some Impact dudes and one AEW guy provide cover for the challenger as he gets his promotion’s belt back, but roll it into a dual organization PPV is possible (possibly over two nights).
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

The Patriot, Del Wilkes, has died at 59.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    While I love Omega vs Okada, Kenny vs Naito in G1 2016 and G1 2017 are both amazing matches. Tetsuya Naito has about as much chemistry or even more with Kenny Omega than Okada.
    Oh I love Naito as well but there are two things, it appears that Okada is more equipped to take the L, because despite taking the franchise title from Tanahashi, they are now trying to elevate other talents to the top tier at NJPW and giving him a breather, he can lose to Omega and still be the Rainmaker. The loss might hurt Naito more. While I think Naito > Okada on the mic and as a character injuries have slowed him down a bit and when it comes to in ring Okada > Naito. Since I don't find Kenny thrilling on the mic either Naito might be the better choice over all because of Naito's over the top charisma can carry Kenny some but in the ring Okada is magic but that is just mho.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I don't see NJPW being ok with Okada doing the job to Omega. Remember, before Kenny left he was suppose to drop the title to Okada in the MSG show. I can see the company still being bitter about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I don't see NJPW being ok with Okada doing the job to Omega. Remember, before Kenny left he was suppose to drop the title to Okada in the MSG show. I can see the company still being bitter about that.
    Back in February, the end goal when travel restrictions are lifted was that they wanted Omega vs. Ibushi. The implication was Omega would drop title(s) to Ibushi as a show of good faith. Haven't heard that change yet or did I miss it?

I still think both Omega and New Japan really want a "finale" to the Ibushi/Omega stuff. AEW appears to be on board with that. Okada and Tana appear to be the only NJPW talent named-checked at this time. Even using Ibushi sounds like it is a negotiation tactic at this point.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 07-02-2021 at 04:43 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I really can't wait for Andrade's first AEW match. I'd maybe do Andrade vs Fenix for a Dynamite or PPV (once Fenix overcomes this groin injury he has).

I've only seen like 3 Andrade matches (since I don't really watch WWE anymore, just older content on Youtube/Dailymotion), but they are amazing....Atlantis vs La Sombra (Andrade) in CMLL Sept 2015, which is one of the best lucha matches ever and in a long time, Andrade vs Gargano NXT of course, and Andrade vs Mysterio (Jan 2019 Smackdown).

I really hope AEW can find more ways to do more with its partnership with NJPW. More back and forth among talent. Some big matches (like AAA is doing with Omega vs Andrade in August).
    check out the nakamura vs la sombra matches if you get a chance, they're quite good.

So does Zelina Vega's return to WWE have anything to do with Andrade's debut on AEW? Seems like there might be some connection.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    So does Zelina Vega's return to WWE have anything to do with Andrade's debut on AEW? Seems like there might be some connection.
    idk but i hope tommy end was watching when she got jobbed out in a few minutes upon her return. speking of tommy end, does anybody know if michael dante is still wrestling?? wouldn't mind seeing a summerian death squad reunion
    Last edited by BigLbo; 07-03-2021 at 02:20 PM.

Astonishing Member

cool

and later tonight for me
    Last edited by steve2275; 07-03-2021 at 07:44 PM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

All-New Member King Saturn Reborn's Avatar

I hate what the WWE has done to Bray Wyatt's Character. Such an incredible Talent just totally wasted so many times.

Quote Originally Posted by steve2275 View Post
    cool

and later tonight for me
    The "Fight on the Farm" match was pretty good, but I think I like their match on the 500th episode better. Mostly because the ending of the Farm match sucked (I don't want to spoil it since I know ROH TV doesn't really air a specific time depending on your TV market). But it was one of the better cinematic wrestling matches. They kept it mostly about the flight, and didn't go crazy with it like most of them do. Kind of reminded me of The Final Deletion, but without all the weird stuff.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by King Saturn Reborn View Post
    I hate what the WWE has done to Bray Wyatt's Character. Such an incredible Talent just totally wasted so many times.
    Agreed, he's vanished completely from TV. However, I have heard he might be having mental health issues so perhaps the E isn't totally to blame?
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

All-New Member King Saturn Reborn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Agreed, he's vanished completely from TV. However, I have heard he might be having mental health issues so perhaps the E isn't totally to blame?
    Even before Bray was having mental issues they totally dropped the ball on his Character. I mean having him drop the belt to Goldberg was awful and I told people that mess was going to happen.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I think a big issue is if Khan lets Omega drop the AEW World title to Sami Callihan. If the idea is to lure AEW's audience over , you need Sami appearing on AEW TV and building that audience to follow him back over. A way to do that is having Sami get a run awhile as World Champion. This also allows you to spend the next 2-3 months building to Hangman Page going for that belt and you can set the stage at ...Bound for Glory in October.

You can have a 3 way match with Sami/Hangman/Omega with only the AEW World title on the line. You can have Page win and the angle can end here. But you spent from July to October with getting fans to follow Callihan as World Champion on Impact to try and lure that audience. Whether it works or not...who knows.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.