Page 96 of 902 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146196596 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 13529
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    If he were a face and not injured, it'd probably be Eric Young. As is, though, unless it's Sammy it's probably going to be Edwards.

If I were doing it, though, I'd build back up James Storm. He's probably the biggest name they have from their popular years that's still on the roster and could easily be that "fly the company flag" guy.

At one time it would have been several different guys in the TNA/Impact years. Once it could have been AJ Styles. But Dixie hurt that with her situation where she was forced to cut contracts and tried doing that with AJ. Then you had Abyss who had been there since nearly 2002 but his body finally was giving out almost like Undertaker's had. Abyss its sad because the hardcore style really took a bad toll on him and by 2018 he retired and left to work in WWE. James Storm has been sadly booked up/down for years and could be that. But its like he rarely shows up in Impact anymore at times.

Its likely gonna be Sami Callihan now. As he told in a promo , he is the heart and soul of this place. So he's crazy and pure psycho but seems to love Impact.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I think a big issue is if Khan lets Omega drop the AEW World title to Sami Callihan. If the idea is to lure AEW's audience over , you need Sami appearing on AEW TV and building that audience to follow him back over. A way to do that is having Sami get a run awhile as World Champion. This also allows you to spend the next 2-3 months building to Hangman Page going for that belt and you can set the stage at ...Bound for Glory in October.

You can have a 3 way match with Sami/Hangman/Omega with only the AEW World title on the line. You can have Page win and the angle can end here. But you spent from July to October with getting fans to follow Callihan as World Champion on Impact to try and lure that audience. Whether it works or not...who knows.
    i really doubt kenny is dropping the aew title to an impact guy. i'm not even sure he'll drop the impact title to an impact guy via getting pinned or submitted.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    who is Impact's "Sting" the face of the company to dethrone Kenny? With Kenny obviously the bad guy who does Impact have as an over Face to dethrone him? IF Moose was an over face he would work but he hasn't been for quite some time and I don't think Sammy fits that bill either. Impact doesn't have many over good guys right now, maybe the current X-division champ Josh Alexander?
    that's the best choice right there, but they should've already started building him up for that a lot sooner.

Listening to Jeff Jarrett try to discuss the much discussed Bash at the Beach 2000 PPV. The one where he starts off , he was warned then years ago to not discuss it and hadn't for years. Now he's gonna try his best with it.

- Conrad rips into him for being close to Vince Russo and how as a fan then how it appeared. On how the 2 would later work together in TNA for a number of years. Jarrett called it a business relationship. Also the fact as Conrad had brought up months earlier ; in the WWF Jeff was like the Assistant Manager as IC Champion who was there and close. So Jeff said his talent and that role being assistant manager of the store in a sense in WWF made him an easy signing to get a big push coming in and working against established stars of WCW. Which makes sense because WWF was really bigger at that stage of 1999 and a mid/upper card guy like Jarrett would be seen as main event guy there in WCW.

- Also he brings up how it wasn't a close relationship as Russo had been in and out of WCW since he had came in. From September of 1999 to April of 2000 , Russo had been and out by that point. So the 2 wasn't very close beyond working together. Plus he brings up the insane creative team changes. Russo , Nash , Bischoff , Borash , Kevin Sullivan etc.

- Jarrett is told by Vince Russo that he was gonna be carrying the WCW World title awhile. That they are sticking with pushing young talent and one of the New Blood guys they hope gets over enough and a guy they will get behind so they can have him drop the belt too. Jarrett hopes it works because he compares it to how Vince stuck with the newer stars awhile and gave it time in 1995/1996 to click...and it did.

- Kevin Nash originally was supposed to work against him at Bash at the Beach 2000 but things changed a lot booking wise. As it was WCW in 2000.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

"In 1998, Paul Wight starred in a movie called the Waterboy with Adam Sandler in the lead role. He played Captain Insano, While the movie received mixed reviews from viewers and critics, Wight’s character became a tremendous hit. He’s even teased, bringing the character back to television and AEW.

AEW has even filed for the trademark for the iconic character, meaning they’re interested in bringing it to AEW television. If not television, AEW might use it for their upcoming video game.

In last night's episode of Elevation, Paul Wight heavily hinted he would like to bring the Captain Insano gimmick to AEW, so we could be seeing this character in AEW at some point."
    Video game, sure. On screen ... I dunno ... I thought he was done with all that BS?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Beastie's Match Not Found on a Network

Nightshade vs. Mina Shirakawa

2/15/2020
    Japan Weekend -- RCW Spain -- Madrid, Spain
    Combate Internacional / Combat International / Revolution Championship Wrestling
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Buddy Murphy kept up with what was happening with Raw by watching 5 minute reviews from Wrestle Talk. He couldn't watch the show

https://streamable.com/4m9lfv

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Buddy Murphy kept up with what was happening with Raw by watching 5 minute reviews from Wrestle Talk. He couldn't watch the show

https://streamable.com/4m9lfv
    Me too!

WWE has WWAAAAAAYYY too much content to keep up with and their flagship shows tend to be longer than your average sports matches.

Trim them to an hour, maybe 2, and elevate those "B" shows by running storylines top-to-bottom.

Watching WWE is a full-time job at best, full-time hobby at worst. There is so much wrestling out there right now that if I want to follow it, I cut out the crap like Smackdown and RAW. Unless a good match is aired, then I go back and watch it.

It is too much content.

Even AEW is starting to have too much going on ... New Japan seems to work best for me because they have "seasons" if you will. Then I fill in the blanks with other indies, AEW, some NXT, and WWE if something is done well.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 07-07-2021 at 06:05 PM.

La Sombra and Tommy End?? FUKYES

Dan Lambert?? Gtfoh with that bullshit.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Me too!

WWE has WWAAAAAAYYY too much content to keep up with and their flagship shows tend to be longer than your average sports matches.

Trim them to an hour, maybe 2, and elevate those "B" shows by running storylines top-to-bottom.

Watching WWE is a full-time job at best, full-time hobby at worst. There is so much wrestling out there right now that if I want to follow it, I cut out the crap like Smackdown and RAW. Unless a good match is aired, then I go back and watch it.

It is too much content.

Even AEW is starting to have too much going on ... New Japan seems to work best for me because they have "seasons" if you will. Then I fill in the blanks with other indies, AEW, some NXT, and WWE if something is done well.
    WWE is just horrible.

I used to watch highlights on youtube but it's so bad I can't even watch the highlights. I've pretty much abandoned RAW and just look at Smackdown hightlights.

I read it somewhere that WWE was saving its best content for live audiences and I really hope that's the case.

I don't think AEW is great but I much prefer Dynamite to RAW at least.

AEW roster looking real bloated right now. Why does every major singles guy has to debut against Cody?

Ultimate Member

AEW roster looking real bloated right now. Why does every major singles guy has to debut against Cody?
    I hope Cody doesn't go over Tommy End.

Or rather Malachi Black.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    Dan Lambert?? Gtfoh with that bullshit.
    got what he deserved?
    Last edited by steve2275; 07-07-2021 at 09:47 PM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Didn’t Andrade just debut against Matt sydal in the segment before??

Quote Originally Posted by steve2275 View Post
    got what he deserved?
    He deserved to not be on the show at all. That was a horrible segment, and a horrible idea

Watched Black debut and well...the whole spot with Arn Anderson worked taking him off guard there . Since AA is old etc and the kick would catch him more or less. Then we see Cody move over and just , the whole delayed spot of it made Cody look like an idiot standing by Arn seemingly waiting for a kick to block and fail lol .

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    Didn’t Andrade just debut against Matt sydal in the segment before??
    I mean that that most of the major singles guys make their AEW debut but starting a feud with Cody. Andrade made his debut by having a promo segment.

Also, Black was able to debut in AEW so soon because the WWE forgot to update his no complete from 30 days to 90 days. Big oof