Page 48 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

I mean nothing is stopping them from just referencing that at some point in Jon’s life Clark wore a black suit and grew a beard just because he felt like it.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean nothing is stopping them from just referencing that at some point in Jon’s life Clark wore a black suit and grew a beard just because he felt like it.
    There's nothing stopping them, but, like Taylor said, unless it's in service of the stories here and now and not too disruptive to new readers, then he's going to leave it out or consolidate it.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Another thing I found out I hate about the age up is all the people getting confused about Jon and Damian's ages. A character's exact age should be the least of a fan's concern and yet DC opened that can of worms and these are the consequences.

Remember when things lined up nicely and made sense? /s

Incredible Member

Not going to lie, I thought I was going to like this a lot but it was pretty meh. Everything seemed a little on the nose and Damian did not sound like Damian at all. Barely anything happened. As far as set up goes, not much was. Hoping for a better next issue.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    Another thing I found out I hate about the age up is all the people getting confused about Jon and Damian's ages. A character's exact age should be the least of a fan's concern and yet DC opened that can of worms and these are the consequences.

Remember when things lined up nicely and made sense? /s
    You guys aren't exactly not falling for it.are ya?
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    I'm certain that's by design, not luck. DC's probably not taking any chances after Superman of Metropolis was the only Future State comic of the first weeks to not go to second printings (even that God-awful Flash comic managed it for some reason).

Anyway, Jon Kent saving Billy, calling him kid and emphasizing he's grown up while Billy hasn't has to be the biggest possible disrespect to Billy. I love it. It makes sense for Billy's story where he needs to be at a low point in his life.
    Yeah. Billy actually SWORE after that incident - not only did he have the embarrassment of having to be saved by a rookie Superman, he also had his secret identity outed.

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonian View Post
    Sam Wilson is still captain America even after Steve came back

X-23 is still wolverine

Miss marvel is still marvel
    Well, Sam and Laura actually reverted to Falcon and X-23, but just recently changed back to Captain America and Wolverine. As for Kamala, Carol became Captain Marvel, so when she became Ms. Marvel the mantle was vacant. She should be safe in that role permanently.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

https://twitter.com/thedanjurgens/st...94179797082120

Jurgens had this to say about his original pitch for Jon. Don't know how I feel about it.

Mighty Member

Seems like Jurgens left what exactly the future meant open to interpretation. I'm guessing Didio wasn't the kind of guy who liked the idea of a kid hanging around. Personally, I don't think Jurgens was wrong when he called Jon the future, I just don't think the current use of the character is the way. That future shouldn't be him being a new take on Golden Age Superman. It should have been DC making a play for a new generation of readers.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

BANNED

A daily reminder that kid Jon fans boycott will fail and continue to fail

Just as it did legion

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonian View Post
    A daily reminder that kid Jon fans boycott will fail and continue to fail

Just as it did legion
    Did a new person take over your account? What is your obsession with Legion?

I'm just one guy. Boycotts work when a large amount of people participate. That may not be the case here, but my not buying any Superman books is my form of protest. If others feel so inclined to join me in boycotting the books, that's fine. If they don't and continue to purchase the books, that's also fine. This is a hobby like any other. People can participate however they please. I do me, you do you. Simple as that.
    Last edited by garazza; 07-28-2021 at 10:07 AM.

Mighty Member

Yeah, no comic is entitled to our money, so we are under no obligation to pay for something that we don't want.

Also, Legion is a weird hill to die on when it appears to have been quietly cancelled.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Yeah in fact....Wasn't he the one trying to use Legion as a reason why this Jon won't stick. He's gotta be doing this on purpose, right? I assume he is since there's radio silence every time somebody brings up his sudden face/heel turn or his hostility towards everyone who disagrees with him XD

I actually miss his fire. It was cool seeing someone more hardline than me.

I wonder what Jon's new name will be. He can't be going to college as a celebrity, can he? Being Superman is one way to get girls, I guess.

Mark Grayson