Page 73 of 91 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1363

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Pretty much. With no offence intended to anyone who is bi, it's hedging their bets.
    As I said way back when if it all falls apart he’ll be like that other bi John, Constantine. Primarily dating women but still having the occasional boyfriend to affirm his bi-ness hasn’t been erased.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    As I said way back when if it all falls apart he’ll be like that other bi John, Constantine. Primarily dating women but still having the occasional boyfriend to affirm his bi-ness hasn’t been erased.
    Agreed, it is like with Tim Drake. I feel, bluntly put, a bit of cowardice could be involved here. DC Editorial is afraid to pull the trigger in case making a major legacy character gay "backfires" somehow. Bisexuality has become an easy out for them. If I'm correct I find this to be a disgusting faux ally tactic nothing more.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Nah. If they're going to do this, I'm glad they made Tim and Jon bi and not straight up gay. There's still a lot of stigma against bisexual men and whether or not they actually exist or whether or not they're valid. Apparently, even within the LGBT community, that's a thing. So I'm sure the guys who fall under that umbrella are appreciating the big deal representation.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Agreed, it is like with Tim Drake. I feel, bluntly put, a bit of cowardice could be involved here. DC Editorial is afraid to pull the trigger in case making a major legacy character gay "backfires" somehow. Bisexuality has become an easy out for them. If I'm correct I find this to be a disgusting faux ally tactic nothing more.
    Oh Drake I think will primarily date boys going forward. He’s so far down the totem list in popularity compared to the other Robins, and he’s never going to be Batman. Jon in contrast is the heir to Clark and is already Superman so this is much, MUCH riskier.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

when are there going to be cartoons involving Jon?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    when are there going to be cartoons involving Jon?
    He’s in Young Justice and there’s apparently a Super Sons animated movie coming. Neither will be able to incorporate Jon being bi at this point, but it will definitely be something they take into account going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Nah. If they're going to do this, I'm glad they made Tim and Jon bi and not straight up gay. There's still a lot of stigma against bisexual men and whether or not they actually exist or whether or not they're valid. Apparently, even within the LGBT community, that's a thing. So I'm sure the guys who fall under that umbrella are appreciating the big deal representation.
    Okay, I'm going to say something here that will likely offend people but I feel it needs to be said. I think Editorial made them both bi so they can still date women if their relationships with men become "problematic" for marketing to Middle America down the road. Maybe I'm cynical, but I doubt representation for bisexual men was the driving force behind this choice.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    If their not gonna deage Jon they need to age up Damien it's time.
    Leave Damian alone, seeing him grow up has been fun and I like how it makes Tim stand out like a thumb as he refuses to change

Okay, I'm going to say something here that will likely offend people but I feel it needs to be said. I think Editorial made them both bi so they can still date women if their relationships with men become "problematic" for marketing to Middle America down the road. Maybe I'm cynical, but I doubt representation for bisexual men was the driving force behind this choice.
    I feel it would be more loudly problematic if they were only shown dating women after their current things inevitably end. Most bi people in media typically end up with opposite sex endgame it's a huge complaint amongst the umm people who fall under that category.

It is bold but also safe at same time. If these guys dating another guys doesn't work, they can just date girls and never touch it again. This happened with Catwoman, majority of Constantine appearences on main DCU.
    Im really curious about these developments some years from now.

DC is really treating these coming outs as major PR announcements, I just thing they should let the stories play first

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    It is bold but also safe at same time. If these guys dating another guys doesn't work, they can just date girls and never touch it again. This happened with Catwoman, majority of Constantine appearences on main DCU.

DC is really treating these coming outs as major PR announcements, I just thing they should let the stories play first
    Indeed, it is so funny to me that characters coming out as bi is now a trend in comics but few come out as gay. Such a courageous movement.

I mean but Selina's main person for ships is always gonna be Bruce that just is what it is, & even Constantine is constantly shown as Bi if not in comics other media prime example Legends,& even in the animated movies, Even Aqualad is getting shown in main media as Bi look at Young Justice I frankly had no idea that was a thing until the show, it's just a new era I feel DC knows they can't just ignore these things now once it's been done.

I feel like with Jon it might be this case? Considering he has a wife and kids in the future. Or at least descendants. Who know.

Indeed, it is so funny to me that characters coming out as bi is now a trend in comics but few come out as gay. Such a courageous movement.
    I can't help but be cynic, specially with DC. There was many problems with representation recently and at end of the day money speak louder.
    dC is fishing for relevance and good PR.
    I thought it was weird that they choose bi instead of gay for Jon, he is mostly a new character and his dating story haven't been serious. So being gay with Jons story would be eaiser than Tim Drake.
    I hope this work out on the end

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    I feel like with Jon it might be this case? Considering he has a wife and kids in the future. Or at least descendants. Who know.
    I mean...we don't really know for sure that he has a wife in the future. We just know that somewhere down the line he's going to have children. How those children come to be is up for any future writer to decide.